PSCU Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Family friendly place of employment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU

Pros

Excellent benefit package including generous paid time off, and paid holidays. The company is very focused on employee health. There is an onsite wellness/ gym with a full-time wellness trainer on staff.

Cons

I personally have nothing negative to say. I was a very happy employee for more than ten years. It was just time for me to move on to other opportunities.

Advice to Management

The product and solution roll out process could use some improvements. It is always better to over deliver, rather than to over promise.

HOME SWEET HOME

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I consider PSCU a 'competitive family.' There is a strong bond between employees and loyal connection with leadership. I say competitive family because everyone wants to bring their A-Game to work each day, and social loafing is not embraced by our values or our culture.

THRIVE - Our wellness and fitness campaign is taken seriously, and all aspects of life are considered. Today is Wellbeing Wednesday, and we are all encouraged to wear fitness gear to work. Although it's fairly cold outside (Florida standards) I still have basketball shorts on... just because I can. :)

Cons

The strong, favorable culture strives to maybe make up for the fact that salaries are not as competitive as other companies - the pay is reasonable, but I know I could make more money doing the same thing outside of PSCU.

Hope for future - if we change

Current Employee - Mid Level Management
    Current Employee - Mid Level Management

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, most people trying to do the right thing for CU's, less cut-throat behavior than most corporations but more in the last 3 years than previously. Many areas of the company are well managed and have ok senior level leaders. Strong financials and company stability. We are a cooperative, so there are many passionate people doing good work for a good cause.

Cons

Oppressive and invasive practices including:
    a.) Requiring extremely invasive spyware on cell phones capable of tracking your location, all text messages,etc
    b.) Taking your bio-metric readings like Cholesterol, blood pressure, etc in order to get a discount on your insurance is SO over the top
    c.) They give away coffee but don't provide sugar or sweeteners, so they trust you with credit card information but not to control your sugar intake, truly brilliant
    d.) No smoking anywhere on the property.... I understand being concerned about us non-smokers but you seriously can't make an area for smoking so people don't have to drive or walk off campus and waste even more time? Totally silly, come back to the real world where smokers exist and stop making them hide them away like contraband
    c.) Drug Testing - any company that would fire someone for marijuana use in 2015 just needs to go out of business since they are so behind on social trends.. seriously, DC just decriminalized it, WAKE UP and stop letting insurance companies dictate your culture, it just makes you look foolish in the modern world and pushes younger people away, which is exactly the opposite of what we need for the problems facing our industry. Its the nasty truth, younger people like to party a bit, who cares, I don't.
    d.) rumored cameras and listening devices throughout the buildings making people look over their shoulder and literally leave the building if they want to have a real conversation (this is not a joke)

Change is happening so rapidly that it's causing major disruptions in service quality through distractions, learning, and adapting to the new ways. Slow this down about half a pace.

Advice to Management

Good people and trust are the fundamental tenets of success in the modern world. Have the courage to differentiate yourself from other corporations and reinstate TRUST as a fundamental principal. Many of the intellectuals who value trust and privacy are leaving, quietly. They want you focused on their work, and absolutely nothing else, period. Stay out of their personal lives and focus on the work, this is a job not a cult. All of the Cons for this company revolve around a lack of trust and invasion of personal privacy, leading to an almost police state feel.

Change is happening so rapidly that it is causing major disruptions in service quality through distractions, learning, and adaptation to the new ways and people. Slow this down half a step, we need to change, just not quite this quickly.

I didn't rate the CEO because he is no longer with us, but the acting CEO is good.

I'm giving you a thumbs up on "recommending to a friend" because I hope we change for the better and embody trust once more.

Member service Rep.

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Allen Park, MI
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Allen Park, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good. Weight watchers offered. Mojoes is cool. Onsite gym.

Cons

Inflexible scheduling. Low pay. Impersonal managers and environment. Requires overtime.

Advice to Management

Care about your employee instead of offering benefits to give to impression of caring actually view them as people. A woman was rushed to emergency from the call center floor and still received 1/3 point because she did not work her shift in its entirety.

Member service Rep

I worked at PSCU

Pros

Coffee and smoothie bar, healthy eating, overtime

Cons

Under paid micro management... A boring environment management doest know anything hard to move up if your black

Advice to Management

Raise the pay stop mirco managing

Culture changed for the worse with last CEO. Looking forward to positive changes with new acting CEO

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, free healthy fruit snacks

Cons

Severe culture change for the worse with last CEO

Advice to Management

Stay out of employee's personal lives, and focus on job performance

8. Msrp

I have been working at PSCU

Pros

Good place to work. A lot of overtime.

Cons

Not enough employees. Need more reps.

Not the amazing company that it used to be, but still better than many

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers
    Good health plans at a comparatively reasonable cost
    Free gym
    Generous vacation time
    Attractive facilities
    Coffee Bar
    Environment that attempts to be innovative
    Many areas promote a work life balance by allowing flexibility in schedules and WFH on occasion. Huge help when you have kids.

Cons

Change is happening at an unsustainable pace and/or it is not being rolled out properly. There is an unbelievable amount of confusion around processes and procedures because they change constantly. Change is necessary, but the change we see today is highly disruptive and leads to suffering on the part of the employee, lower management and the customer.

The employee is less and less valued. There was a time when "our staff is our most important asset" rang true, but that is becoming more and more difficult to believe. Work loads are ridiculous, the philosophy of innovate/work smarter prevails, which is reasonable, but the company does not recognize that there is so much that can be done from that end, and then you need to be willing to hire.

Customer service is suffering. It used to be fairly rare that I would have to deal with unhappy clients, but now I get escalations constantly, and complaints about the quality of service provided. I believe strongly that this is a direct result of not having enough people to do the work, and outsourcing work to other companies that do not have the same values that PSCU has (or maybe had).

There appears to be a disconnect between executive management and the people doing the work. While I do not have hard evidence, I suspect many of the complaints and issues faced daily are filtered as they get further up the chain. This is the only explanation I have for how things have been done so poorly the last few years without a recognition that we are heading downhill as far as our service is concerned.

Work load is extremely high. There is more on peoples plates than what can reasonably be managed. As a result, mistakes that directly impact clients (and often costs the company money) are made much more frequently than they were in the past. This leads to angry clients/an environment of constant escalations and firefighting which results in discouraged employees.

Due to the heavy workloads, it is a constant battle to get anything done. It is necessary to harass others to get what you need in a timely manner. There was a time when a request could be made, and it was safe to assume that it would be completed on time, but today you have to pester, push and ultimately escalate to meet the needs of our clients. This leads to an environment where trust between departments is low, and people are frustrated. It also results in valuable lessons or risks to go unexplored due to lack of time. I believe very strongly that people want to fulfill expectations, but it just is not possible due to the amount of work being handled at one time. It was not like this, say, five years ago.

Some job functions (IT and Contact Center are two that I am aware of) are being outsourced, including to foreign countries. I am shocked that our board would allow this given that credit unions are all about being involved locally in support of the community. This practice, to me, is in direct opposition to a core credit union value.

Advice to Management

Recognize that our success was built on our ability to provide great service. Return us to an environment where exceptional services is possible. This will result in happier clients and happier employees. What has changed that we can no longer provide great service, have reasonable job responsibilities and still make a profit for our member owners?

10. Short time period

I worked at PSCU

Pros

Good Benefits for new employee

Cons

not sure on was there 2 weeks

Amazing experience and amazing coworkers

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, the training is amazing. It's five weeks with an amazing, engaging trainer that will literally teach you everything you need to know. You will be fully prepared before hitting the floor. You'll have supervisors, floor walkers, mentors all just to help you and answer any questions! Secondly, the benefits are great. After 30 days of your hire date your eligible for insurance benefits and the cost is amazing. I'm mostly satisfied with the staff here. The supervisors really do care about your success. You have so much support it makes this job easy. This is the first job I've had that I actually look forward to going to. Everyone here has such positive energy, the trainers are great, the supervisors and mentors are very genuine and caring. If you're looking for an amazing job THIS IS IT.

Cons

The only con I can think of is how loud some reps can be on the phone. Honestly, some reps are extremely inconsiderate of other people. However, you have the ability to move desks and 99% of the time management will discretely speak with these representatives to handle the issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire amazing people to run this place. I've had terrible experiences in call centers and this one is such a positive environment with a ton of supportive staff members. I really look forward to coming to work everyday because of you all.

RSS Feed </> Embed