PSCU Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. contact center rep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, some of the supervisors actually wanted to help their team be successful.

Cons

We were treated like seat fillers to man the phone lines, treated us as if we were not people with real life issues

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees, they will better for you

2. Msr II

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

I have been working at PSCU (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers, 5 minutes from home

Cons

Over worked/underpaid. Ridiculous call volume

Advice to Management

Stop taking on clients and then slamming untrained employees with the calls

3. member services

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Romulus, MI
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Romulus, MI

I have been working at PSCU (Less than a year)

Pros

free fruit free fruit free fruit free fruit...nothing nice about this place

Cons

pay is bad, no work life balance. they have closed 2 call centers as of recent not a viable company. The president was fired because he was doing a poor job. It sucks.. if you need money while you look for another job this is the place. The turn over rate is constant, they have training classes every couple of weeks because people dont stay....11.00 per hr.

Advice to Management

pay more maybe you will get people to stay.

5. Contact center rep

I have been working at PSCU

Pros

You can choose your schedule, mini cafe bar

Cons

Pay, 30 minute lunches, 7 min bathroom breaks, management

6. I really enjoyed working for the company overall; they put in a lot of effort into employee health and wellness.

I worked at PSCU

Pros

Many employee engagement activities to create a positive culture, daily company provided fresh fruit and coffee and additional low cost on site offerings.

Cons

High turnover call center mainly because the pay rate isn't the best or competitive; although you can hit bonuses and make OT while working long hours, many find the shifts and pay not feasible and just need to move on to jobs that offer more money and accommodating shifts.

Advice to Management

Work on having more empathy for workers life challenges that come up; especially with the shift demands and low pay employees.

Family friendly place of employment

I worked at PSCU

Pros

Excellent benefit package including generous paid time off, and paid holidays. The company is very focused on employee health. There is an onsite wellness/ gym with a full-time wellness trainer on staff.

Cons

I personally have nothing negative to say. I was a very happy employee for more than ten years. It was just time for me to move on to other opportunities.

Advice to Management

The product and solution roll out process could use some improvements. It is always better to over deliver, rather than to over promise.

Member service Rep.

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Allen Park, MI
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Allen Park, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good. Weight watchers offered. Mojoes is cool. Onsite gym.

Cons

Inflexible scheduling. Low pay. Impersonal managers and environment. Requires overtime.

Advice to Management

Care about your employee instead of offering benefits to give to impression of caring actually view them as people. A woman was rushed to emergency from the call center floor and still received 1/3 point because she did not work her shift in its entirety.

HOME SWEET HOME

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I consider PSCU a 'competitive family.' There is a strong bond between employees and loyal connection with leadership. I say competitive family because everyone wants to bring their A-Game to work each day, and social loafing is not embraced by our values or our culture. THRIVE - Our wellness and fitness campaign is taken seriously, and all aspects of life are considered. Today is Wellbeing Wednesday, and we are all encouraged to wear fitness gear to work. Although it's fairly cold outside (Florida standards) I still have basketball shorts on... just because I can. :)

Cons

The strong, favorable culture strives to maybe make up for the fact that salaries are not as competitive as other companies - the pay is reasonable, but I know I could make more money doing the same thing outside of PSCU.

Hope for future - if we change

Current Employee - Mid Level Management
    Current Employee - Mid Level Management

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, most people trying to do the right thing for CU's, less cut-throat behavior than most corporations but more in the last 3 years than previously. Many areas of the company are well managed and have ok senior level leaders. Strong financials and company stability. We are a cooperative, so there are many passionate people doing good work for a good cause.

Cons

Oppressive and invasive practices including: a.) Requiring extremely invasive spyware on cell phones capable of tracking your location, all text messages,etc b.) Taking your bio-metric readings like Cholesterol, blood pressure, etc in order to get a discount on your insurance is SO over the top c.) They give away coffee but don't provide sugar or sweeteners, so they trust you with credit card information but not to control your sugar intake, truly brilliant d.) No smoking anywhere on the property.... I understand being concerned about us non-smokers but you seriously can't make an area for smoking so people don't have to drive or walk off campus and waste even more time? Totally silly, come back to the real world where smokers exist and stop making them hide them away like contraband c.) Drug Testing - any company that would fire someone for marijuana use in 2015 just needs to go out of business since they are so behind on social trends.. seriously, DC just decriminalized it, WAKE UP and stop letting insurance companies dictate your culture, it just makes you look foolish in the modern world and pushes younger people away, which is exactly the opposite of what we need for the problems facing our industry. Its the nasty truth, younger people like to party a bit, who cares, I don't. d.) rumored cameras and listening devices throughout the buildings making people look over their shoulder and literally leave the building if they want to have a real conversation (this is not a joke) Change is happening so rapidly that it's causing major disruptions in service quality through distractions, learning, and adapting to the new ways. Slow this down about half a pace.

Advice to Management

Good people and trust are the fundamental tenets of success in the modern world. Have the courage to differentiate yourself from other corporations and reinstate TRUST as a fundamental principal. Many of the intellectuals who value trust and privacy are leaving, quietly. They want you focused on their work, and absolutely nothing else, period. Stay out of their personal lives and focus on the work, this is a job not a cult. All of the Cons for this company revolve around a lack of trust and invasion of personal privacy, leading to an almost police state feel. Change is happening so rapidly that it is causing major disruptions in service quality through distractions, learning, and adaptation to the new ways and people. Slow this down half a step, we need to change, just not quite this quickly. I didn't rate the CEO because he is no longer with us, but the acting CEO is good. I'm giving you a thumbs up on "recommending to a friend" because I hope we change for the better and embody trust once more.

Member service Rep

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Allen Park, MI
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Allen Park, MI

I worked at PSCU

Pros

Coffee and smoothie bar, healthy eating, overtime

Cons

Under paid micro management... A boring environment management doest know anything hard to move up if your black

Advice to Management

Raise the pay stop mirco managing

RSS Feed </> Embed