PSCU

Updated December 29, 2014
2.9

PSCU Michael J. Kelly
Michael J. Kelly

Pros
  • Good Benefits, Facilities comfortable, friendly staff (in 21 reviews)

• They also provide great benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Attendance requirements are not flexible due to nature of business (call center) (in 8 reviews)

• Flexibily for the call center representatives - they are working hard in putting inplace work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Moving Forward!

I have been working at PSCU

Pros

Company is moving forward and truly making a name and brand image for itself; Nice benefits; People care for and about each other. The company supports its values which were decided upon by the employees.

Cons

Moving forward requires a lot of changes, some easier to put into place than others.

Continue treating employees as the company's most valuable asset and that will remain the key to success.

Amazing place to work.

I have been working at PSCU full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exciting CEO, great company direction, passionate team, dedicated employees, amazing facilities, benefits are second to none

Cons

Somethimes things do not move as fast as they should.

Keep moving forward.

Happy, but time for a change

I have been working at PSCU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, not a lot of work

Cons

too many politics, not a lot room for promotion

retire

Putting out fires everyday! STRESS MESS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Facilities comfortable, friendly staff

Cons

Poor management decisions. Very political divide within company. IT and product have very different direction which leads to mistrust, stress and confusion.

A great amount of long term employees have been let go without a game plan to replace the experience and subject matter experts. Always putting out fires in every department without focus or management direction. Lots of blame and internal department turmoil.

CEO change was very encouraging at first but now is considered by most a terrible move. Most employees think Company will be sold or become sub par in the market.

Executives - Sit down in ONE room and decide on 5 MAJOR company projects that can be developed and delivered to benefit CU in one year. Marketing, IT, Product, Innovation teams work TOGETHER on those 5 projects ONLY to deliver the best possible solution for CUs to succeed in the market.

Currently; 60+ projects are being developed/handled with NO direction from Sr. mgmt and misguided by other department managers and staff. Complete cluster mess!

Four plus years with the company started great, got worse every year since.

I worked at PSCU

Pros

The company has great benefits and does offer a fair share of overtime and there is no hard labor, but besides that they are very few good things about this company.

Cons

Supervisors who abuse they power, low pay for MI employees, change of policy without notice, favoritism to certain employees, uncomfortable work environment, no loyalty to employees with sorority. Dead end job for certain individuals.

Show more loyalty to employees with sorority who helped build the brand and helped the company grow. Bring back monthly bonus, make changes in management in MI call centers

Worst Call Center I've worked for

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, they are good. If you were unemployed or want the overtime there is plenty of it. The trainers are very nice and a few of the supervisors on the contact center floor are. There are some genuinely helpful & nice people on the contact center floor

Cons

Required Overtime. Lack of working with contact center employees over concerns with the required overtime, computers/software not working, supervisors not knowing the products but you as a contact center rep are supposed to know and support all of them. New people are shunned by the people who have been there longer, so it takes 6-9 months to make friends. You have no assigned seat so better come in early when it's required overtime to find a computer that works with whatever software you need to run to do your job. You will be penalized for time off the phone because of software issues or if you had a bit too much water to drink. If you have a suggestion about how to make something easier for contact center reps don't expect it to be implemented anytime soon or at all. Working after 6:30 pm on weekdays or weekends, don't expect to get anyone help from anyone who knows more than one product.

Some of the values that are plastered everywhere in buildings directly contradict what really goes on. It would be nice to get the departments together and work as a unit, rather than operate with their own agendas and rules. Please teach your supervisors all the products rather than the basic product, it helps no one when you are training for products and putting people under supervisors that have no idea what you are talking about.

over 10 years of ups and downs

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable company. Great culture. Excellent benefits and facilities.

Cons

too many chiefs, too much departmental feudalism and not enough cooperation and communication.

Great Company Great Benefits Great Leadership

Current Employee - Fraud Detection Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Fraud Detection Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for PSCU since November 2013 and I love it.

I work with individuals who care about people, the company, and want to make a difference. That adds value.

I am supported in such a way that I notice that I am happy going to work everyday. I haven't had felt like that for at least 15 years.

I was made to feel part of the team immediately. I have been given everything I need to do my job. There was a prepared on boarding plan that helped me get off to a great start.

I love the interaction I have with people on a daily basis. I feel successful because of the support I receive. I am completely happy with my decision to work for PSCU.

While it is a call center environment, it is more of a collaborative feel and less of a corporate feel to the environment. It is the best call center I have worked for out of the last 4 I have worked.

Check out the website and see what it is all about. www.pscu.com. For careers search www.pscu.com/careers/index.html‎. We have locations in Phoenix, Arizona; St. Petersburg, Florida; and Michigan. There is a lot of information to help you get a feel of the values and the type of company you would be working for.

Cons

None. I don't even mind the 48 mile one way commute because I love my job.

Not the best

I worked at PSCU full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everything was very clean. It does look very pretty and they do maintain appearance. I'm sure if you don't work in customer service, you probably do enjoy your job.

Cons

Very cubicle farmish. It has a very just out of high-school, first job feel. They won't allow you to have personal items at your desk, you have to get a locker each day. You are not allowed to have anything to write with, or paper. Was not very happy to say the least. If you work in another department, it's probably great.

None.

Tenured service Leader

Current Employee - Service Deliver in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Service Deliver in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and good benefits

Cons

Poor leadership, no direction and they tend to flip flop day to day which means they don't have a vision. The founder of PSCU built the company on values like integrity. Trust, service, and most important ....people are the biggest asset. That resonated throughout the company and we were known for "caring about our customer". With our we CEO...everything has changed and we no longer focus nor demobstrate these values. Very heartbreaking.

Listen to the people not your leaders who are too busy elevating themselves.

PSCU Photos