PSCU Reviews

Reset
2.8
PSCU Michael J. Kelly
Michael J. Kelly

Pros
  • good benefits, not a lot of work (in 21 reviews)

• They also provide great benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Attendance requirements are not flexible due to nature of business (call center) (in 8 reviews)

• High call volume without enough coverage of staff to handle calls (in 5 reviews)

Family friendly place of employment

I worked at PSCU

Pros

Excellent benefit package including generous paid time off, and paid holidays. The company is very focused on employee health. There is an onsite wellness/ gym with a full-time wellness trainer on staff.

Cons

I personally have nothing negative to say. I was a very happy employee for more than ten years. It was just time for me to move on to other opportunities.

Advice to Management

The product and solution roll out process could use some improvements. It is always better to over deliver, rather than to over promise.

2. contact center rep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, some of the supervisors actually wanted to help their team be successful.

Cons

We were treated like seat fillers to man the phone lines, treated us as if we were not people with real life issues

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees, they will better for you

HOME SWEET HOME

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I consider PSCU a 'competitive family.' There is a strong bond between employees and loyal connection with leadership. I say competitive family because everyone wants to bring their A-Game to work each day, and social loafing is not embraced by our values or our culture.

THRIVE - Our wellness and fitness campaign is taken seriously, and all aspects of life are considered. Today is Wellbeing Wednesday, and we are all encouraged to wear fitness gear to work. Although it's fairly cold outside (Florida standards) I still have basketball shorts on... just because I can. :)

Cons

The strong, favorable culture strives to maybe make up for the fact that salaries are not as competitive as other companies - the pay is reasonable, but I know I could make more money doing the same thing outside of PSCU.

Culture changed for the worse with last CEO. Looking forward to positive changes with new acting CEO

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, free healthy fruit snacks

Cons

Severe culture change for the worse with last CEO

Advice to Management

Stay out of employee's personal lives, and focus on job performance

6. The benefits & pay are good; but I hate the job and so do most all of the contact center employees

Current Employee - Contact Center Representative II in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Contact Center Representative II in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU

Pros

The pay is good after shift differential & overtime is added. The benefits are very good and they give you a lot of PTO time. It is not true that they give you fresh fruit bars. They have fresh fruit, but they give you Granny Smith apples most of the time which are for cooking not fresh eating and are very sour.

Cons

Company QA is ridiulous. There are at least 750 different credit unions with different rules. You have to lie to customers and tell them that you are the credit union. As many calls are referred back to the credit union as to ones that you can really help. Very frustrating for the customer and they take it out on you.

Advice to Management

PSCU does not understand what good customer service is. They make is so stressful for employees that turnover is very high. Many people have left the company because of the QA standards, QA counts off points without making it clear what the standards are. The QA is very susceptible to interpretation. The QA is the biggest factor in considering bonuses and pay rates. When there is high turnover, the reps don't do a good job. There is also a greater chance that employees will steal customers card information with the higher turnover and this has happened many times. If the company would lighten up on their employees and keep people they could get good at their job and give better customer service. Wake up PSCU before you run the company in the ground.

Dysfunctional Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has great benefits, great facilities (on-site gym, free coffee, tea, fresh fruit bar) and good work-life balance. Employees are very friendly.

Cons

Poor leadership, poor decision making, and very political climate. Management has great ideas but cannot execute. Many new products are implemented knowingly with a large number of errors/issues.

Advice to Management

The company will not be successful on innovative ideas alone, you must attract and keep staff with the skill sets that can execute on the ideas with quality.

WAS a great company. Quickly becoming just another large corporation with the stress and politics to go with it.

Former Employee - Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extremely employee-oriented.
    Great pay.
    Great benefits.
    Good employees.
    Good career growth.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations about what can be accomplished with given resources.
    Increasing politics.
    Many senior executives only interested in what benefits them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff! You are no smarter than they are.

9. The Good and Bad

Former Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and lots of employee perks. Great trainers

Cons

High call volume without enough coverage of staff to handle calls. Poor PTO policy. PTO must be submitted at least two weeks prior to date requested. If outside two week window, must be approved my upper management. If unapproved, which it usually is under two weeks due to service level forecast, employee must find a person to swap shifts in order to get day off. If you work a saturday or sunday shift and that's the day you need, forget it.

Worst Call Center I've worked for

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, they are good. If you were unemployed or want the overtime there is plenty of it. The trainers are very nice and a few of the supervisors on the contact center floor are. There are some genuinely helpful & nice people on the contact center floor

Cons

Required Overtime. Lack of working with contact center employees over concerns with the required overtime, computers/software not working, supervisors not knowing the products but you as a contact center rep are supposed to know and support all of them. New people are shunned by the people who have been there longer, so it takes 6-9 months to make friends. You have no assigned seat so better come in early when it's required overtime to find a computer that works with whatever software you need to run to do your job. You will be penalized for time off the phone because of software issues or if you had a bit too much water to drink. If you have a suggestion about how to make something easier for contact center reps don't expect it to be implemented anytime soon or at all. Working after 6:30 pm on weekdays or weekends, don't expect to get anyone help from anyone who knows more than one product.

Advice to Management

Some of the values that are plastered everywhere in buildings directly contradict what really goes on. It would be nice to get the departments together and work as a unit, rather than operate with their own agendas and rules. Please teach your supervisors all the products rather than the basic product, it helps no one when you are training for products and putting people under supervisors that have no idea what you are talking about.

Putting out fires everyday! STRESS MESS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Facilities comfortable, friendly staff

Cons

Poor management decisions. Very political divide within company. IT and product have very different direction which leads to mistrust, stress and confusion.

A great amount of long term employees have been let go without a game plan to replace the experience and subject matter experts. Always putting out fires in every department without focus or management direction. Lots of blame and internal department turmoil.

CEO change was very encouraging at first but now is considered by most a terrible move. Most employees think Company will be sold or become sub par in the market.

Advice to Management

Executives - Sit down in ONE room and decide on 5 MAJOR company projects that can be developed and delivered to benefit CU in one year. Marketing, IT, Product, Innovation teams work TOGETHER on those 5 projects ONLY to deliver the best possible solution for CUs to succeed in the market.

Currently; 60+ projects are being developed/handled with NO direction from Sr. mgmt and misguided by other department managers and staff. Complete cluster mess!

RSS Feed </> Embed