PSCU

PSCU Michael J. Kelly

Michael J. Kelly

33 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

over 10 years of ups and downs

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PSCU full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery stable company. Great culture. Excellent benefits and facilities.

Constoo many chiefs, too much departmental feudalism and not enough cooperation and communication.

Worst Call Center I've worked for

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at PSCU full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits, they are good. If you were unemployed or want the overtime there is plenty of it. The trainers are very nice and a few of the supervisors on the contact center floor are. There are some genuinely helpful & nice people on the contact center floor

ConsRequired Overtime. Lack of working with contact center employees over concerns with the required overtime, computers/software not working, supervisors not knowing the products but you as a contact center rep are supposed to know and support all of them. New people are shunned by the people who have been there longer, so it takes 6-9 months to make friends. You have no assigned seat so better come in early when it's required overtime to find a computer that works with whatever software you need to run to do your job. You will be penalized for time off the phone because of software issues or if you had a bit too much water to drink. If you have a suggestion about how to make something easier for contact center reps don't expect it to be implemented anytime soon or at all. Working after 6:30 pm on weekdays or weekends, don't expect to get anyone help from anyone who knows more than one product.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the values that are plastered everywhere in buildings directly contradict what really goes on. It would be nice to get the departments together and work as a unit, rather than operate with their own agendas and rules. Please teach your supervisors all the products rather than the basic product, it helps no one when you are training for products and putting people under supervisors that have no idea what you are talking about.

Putting out fires everyday! STRESS MESS!

I have been working at PSCU full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood Benefits, Facilities comfortable, friendly staff

ConsPoor management decisions. Very political divide within company. IT and product have very different direction which leads to mistrust, stress and confusion.

A great amount of long term employees have been let go without a game plan to replace the experience and subject matter experts. Always putting out fires in every department without focus or management direction. Lots of blame and internal department turmoil.

CEO change was very encouraging at first but now is considered by most a terrible move. Most employees think Company will be sold or become sub par in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives - Sit down in ONE room and decide on 5 MAJOR company projects that can be developed and delivered to benefit CU in one year. Marketing, IT, Product, Innovation teams work TOGETHER on those 5 projects ONLY to deliver the best possible solution for CUs to succeed in the market.

Currently; 60+ projects are being developed/handled with NO direction from Sr. mgmt and misguided by other department managers and staff. Complete cluster mess!

Tenured service Leader

Service Deliver (Current Employee)

I have been working at PSCU full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people and good benefits

ConsPoor leadership, no direction and they tend to flip flop day to day which means they don't have a vision. The founder of PSCU built the company on values like integrity. Trust, service, and most important ....people are the biggest asset. That resonated throughout the company and we were known for "caring about our customer". With our we CEO...everything has changed and we no longer focus nor demobstrate these values. Very heartbreaking.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people not your leaders who are too busy elevating themselves.

Stressful, high pressure call center not designed for a lifelong career.

Fraud Detection Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at PSCU full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, decent wages, modern, well-maintained workplace.

ConsCompany expectations of "voluntary" overtime and "above and beyond performance" from ALL employees is are unrealistic.

Telephone fraud rep

I worked at PSCU full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNice building , good benefits. Some nice people .

ConsManagement and Supervisors don't believe in the employees skill, and only care about numbers. Very little respect to employees whom have seniority in the department. No training to move up in the company. Manager was the coldest person I ever meet in my entire life, and was fake at the meetings but during regular work time ignored. Everyone like they were beneath her. They look for ways to get the older people fired because they work slower than others. Except one older lady I knew they sent back to contact center where she came from. Repetitive script , quality assurance picks the dumbest things to mark people down for . Good luck on your review, no matter how well you do they give small raises. No communication or respect for employees, and plenty of favoritism to watch for a lifetime. At the end of the day you feel like a used piece of garbage when you could be the best person in the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like adults not like children. Respect them and you will get it back.

PSCU was a great place to work until the CEO change; they lost their focus.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time

ProsCompetitive compensation, good benefits
Good people at lower and mid-range levels

ConsMajor trust issues between all levels of employees
No work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve what you tell employees and live it too! Be the change you want to see at every level.

A very progressive company that expects the best.

IT Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PSCU full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe leadership team is top-notch. They have clearly set the vision and provide great motivivation tools to acheive it.

ConsThe IT management is not responsive to workloads that are too heavy. They just keep piling the work on.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of recognizing substantial contributors. You have some real gems that are being overlooked for recognition and advancement opportunities.

Poor leadership who are more concerned with self preservation.

I worked at PSCU full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits were great and the people who do all the work are great. The facility is beautiful and the knowing you are helping credit unions is a good feeling.

ConsLeadership is a hot mess. From Director level to the very top it just gets worse as you go to the top level. The higher up you go the more into self preservation it is. Don't try and offer an idea because you will be seen as a trouble maker to your leadership. Good people leave because they can't stand by and watch leadership play the chess game with those doing the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your good employees and seek them out. Quit listening to your Directors and above that lie to you so they can take the attention off of themselves. Many good people have left because they are overlooked for promotions and ideas and you will never get them back. A real miss on your part.

OK IF PART OF THE GOOD OLD BOY CLUB

I worked at PSCU full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNothing can change the internal mind set....many unhappy employees....can't express their thoughts in fear of losing their job because it has happened in the past

ConsChief and EVP level think they are above everyone with no regard to others knowledge or length of service

Advice to Senior Managementstart over from top

Worked for PSCU? Contribute to the Community!

PSCU Videos

PSCU – Why Work for Us?

PSCU is a bold and innovative leader in the financial services industry with a proud 35-year history of serving credit unions all across the U.S. We are known as a Credit Union Service Organization, or CUSO. PSCU is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PSCU reviews and ratings in Saint Petersburg, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PSCU CEO Michael J. Kelly. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by PSCU employees.