PSPSports Reviews

2.9
Jarred Metze

1. Sales Boot Camp

I worked at PSPSports full-time

Pros

They will train you to sell, and you will be good at it or you will get fired. No nonsense. Their pitches are the best in the business. Everything I know about sales I learned here and I've turned it into a wildly successful career

Cons

No room for creativity, and heavily monitored activity. Not a great gig for adults, more geared toward recent grads or those entering the professional world for the first time.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about this place during interviews, and be upfront that you are expected to close or get out.

2. account executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Morgantown, WV

I worked at PSPSports (Less than a year)

Pros

fun work environment with open atmosphere

Cons

cold calling with a script all day everyday

Psp

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great company with a laid back office feeling. Very very good at coaching and not giving you a cookie cutter way of doing the job. The top sellers are down to earth people more than willing to help out anyone that needs it.

Cons

Cold calling can be stagnant at times but that's the job. Really no other cons other than the commission structure. You only earn it after you've earned your salary in commission which can be a little frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The company is growing and will continue to do so as long as you guy don't change.

5. Terrible

Former Employee - Ad Sales Director
    Former Employee - Ad Sales Director

I worked at PSPSports full-time

Pros

Young Co-Workers. And once you leave you will never second guess your decision.

Cons

Overall just a terrible experience. Not a place for someone who wants to actually use their degree to make a career. No room for growth and always put down by management. Also not allowed to sell to women business owners becasue "they can't make a decision". I wish I read more reviews on PSP before taking the job because everything on here is true. Wouldn't waste your time working here, actually wouldn't even bother with an interview if you're not okay with getting nagged every day about something different.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and mature.

This is not the place for someone looking to make a career in sales.

Former Employee - Ad Salea Director
    Former Employee - Ad Salea Director

I worked at PSPSports full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's really not much to say except one hour lunch and casual dress! Did I mention one hour lunch? Best part!

Cons

There is absolutely no room for advancement. 1 week training on how to read a script. Requires 4 year degree so script reading in training should not be main focus. Everything else is a figure it out bases with veterans who are suppose to help you but give attitudes when you ask questions. No internet privileges except for before/after work and on lunch (which is when they expect you to look businesses up). Only excuse for not letting people use the internet to try and find their information is that this is the way they've always done it. I would only recommend for a college graduate looking to make an easy salary straight out of college until you figured something else out.

Advice to Management

Get it together. You have no idea what really happens to your employees on a day to day basis. You don't care what happens as long as someone is making a sale. More positive reinforcement and quit talking bad about employees to other employees. Its not professional. Grow up!

7. Joke

Former Employee - Sales Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at PSPSports full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great, and thats about it! I guess that the attire is also very casual, you're able to wear jeans and a polo to work. And in summer you can wear shorts

Cons

Where do I start, the business is run like you're a high school student. For a sales job to be so micro managed is ridiculous! Hours are 8:30-5:30 but you're told to be in by 8 and of you're late a couple minutes you have to stay late that day to make them up. The Internet is blocked for almost everyone, they say it helps you learn to do the job correctly but in reality it just causes you to make an additional 10 calls until you get someone new who might give you the information their website has for you to easily see. The boss lies constantly and talks negatively about other employees behind their backs and put words into their mouths to make them look bad. The job gets boring after doing the same thing everyday. Lastly, they talk about doing fun activities but never pan out and keep delaying them because they never want to spend money even though they make mad money off of over inflated ads.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as if their adults and not kids. Also, stop talking behind people's backs!

Boring

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at PSPSports (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people around you, young group. full health care

Cons

300 phone calls a day, strict script.

9. Work here if you are a grinder, and want good money

I have been working at PSPSports full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PSP is an awesome place to work. I have been there for 4 years and I love it. The company honors hard work, dedication, and loyalty. It is a job where you get out of it what you put into it. You can make tons of money with these guys. You sit in an air conditioned office, in business casual clothes, your leads are made for you, and you make good money.

Cons

the only true negative thing is that you have really bad sales weeks and it is easy to get frustrated. BUT, it is sales, you have a huge week that makes up for it, just like any other job,

Boiler Room

Pros

Good pay and benefits for entry level position right out of college

Cons

extremely large workload. All cold calling.

Advice to Management

loosen up

11. Advertising Sales Director

I have been working at PSPSports full-time

Pros

-Salary, tons of opportunity for commission and bonuses -Great Environment, casual dress, competitive colleagues I've also been on 3 all expense paid trips, twice to Miami and to Puerto Rico for meeting sales goals!

Cons

There is some rejection involved in any sales, have to be optimistic and able to bounce back!

RSS Feed </> Embed