PSPSports

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jarred Metze

Cool entry level career.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at PSPSports full-time for less than a year

ProsAs a recent graduate, this role is a great entry level position that allows you to learn work ethic and discipline. It teaches you a lot about sales and they provide all of the leads. It's a great place to meet coworkers/friends as well. Everyone goes out after work and on the weekends with one another. The base salary is GREAT for entry level and you can make a lot of commission there too if you stick it out long term. Also, my boss was a great guy to work for. & if you like sports then it's a cool job to have.

ConsIt's an entry level role so there is a lot of turn over. It can also be a stressful position at times. It isn't for everyone, that's for sure, but if you're looking for a way to get into sales this job will teach you a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up the work environment. People will stay long term if they have a little more fun during work hours. Also, during my time there it appeared there was a bit of favoritism when it came to passing out leads. New employees got the bottom, favorites got the best.

Entry level sales job, high turnover

Ad Sales Representative (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at PSPSports full-time for more than a year

Proswork in the sports market, let local business brand themselves with sports teams, tickets for repeat buyers

Conshigh employee turnover, micromanaged, high call volume, minimal opportunity to move up the ladder to new positions in the company

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate your long time employees, improve commission structure

Ad Sales Director

I have been working at PSPSports

Prosyou get more comfortable on the phone.

Conshours are 8AM-6PM with only 30 minutes for lunch, you are cold calling all day. You gain literally no useful experience the turnover rate is HUGE. I can't imagine why anyone would actually stay at this company what a waste of time.

inside sales rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PSPSports full-time

ProsThe 50k base salary is great, and seems that much more enticing fresh out of college, but that is the only perk.

Consno fee coffee, no free water either unless you want to get it out of the bathroom tap. Management views all employees simply as a number, wont hesitate to curse you out or attempt to fire your without any warnings or reasons. work you like you are in a sweat shop expected to make 300 calls a day, leads are terrible. if you like conning people out of money than this place is for you, but if you have half a brain and would like to utilize it do not work for this company. No room for growth, and plenty of room for verbal abuse.

Advice to Senior Managementopen your eyes, you are running one of the most corrupt business around, at least pay your employees when you fire them.

Horrible company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PSPSports

ProsThere is a possibility to make money if you can find the needle in the haystack!

ConsPoorly ran management.
Owner is more concerned with opening a tennis club.
Employeesare treated like garbage

Absolute Sweatshop

I have been working at PSPSports

ProsFun people and great happy hours

ConsMost degrading job I've ever held. They make you feel horrible and verbally abuse you.

Interesting group of people

Advertising Sales Director (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PSPSports full-time for more than a year

ProsGood management, with positive training

Conslimited opportunity for growth as an individual

The 8th Floor of Hell

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at PSPSports full-time for less than a year

Pros40k base pay
Health Insurance is paid for
Young College grads are abundant

ConsWhere to begin. For starters the sales pitch is a script. You practice reading the script and the objections you're given before you get to calling companies. You aren't supposed to stray from the script at all. You'll get chastised by management and your mentor for doing so. It sounds absolutely ridiculous and foolish unless you add some personality to it.

Don't be fooled when they tell you about the renewal rates the ads have. If you're a new employee you'll be dealing with completely new accounts who in most cases have nothing to do with the University you're calling "for." You wouldn't believe the amount of times you'll hear "I don't believe we have any relationship with X University." In short you're cold calling so be ready for it.

The whole process is an extremely sketchy process. You'll call all the "leads" you get and explain how you're updating contact info for the university so you'll need the owner or top person's name. Then you'll turn around and call the company back to talk about new business with the university.

You'll be told to lie or do whatever is needed to get past the secretaries and operators. They'll tell you to be vague and discrete, but any smart secretary will see right through that haze. If you get turned away be prepared to get chastised.

It's a very revolving door atmosphere. You'll have about 4 days to prove you belong, but even if you make sales your job is anything but guaranteed. Don't just jump at the 40k salary. Realistically you most likely won't even come close to lasting a full year.

You'll be sitting at a desk making phone calls from 8-5. You'll be expected to rack up a minimum total of 3 hours of phone time, which starts when an actual person starts talking not when you dial, along with a minimum of 300 phone calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementHA HA HA HA HA

PSP

Sales Director (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at PSPSports full-time for less than a year

ProsOpportunity to make a lot of money very quickly. The sales people that work there are very friendly. Job is relatively easy.

ConsPeople that work there are scummy, boiler room feeling. On the phones the entire day and job can get very repetitive. Management is rude and strict in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot worth it in my opinion

It was monotonous. Same thing day after day. The company is very fair with employees though.

Advertising Sales Director (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at PSPSports

ProsGood Benefits-Dental & Health Insurance
Fun people to work with, mostly young
Fair with employees
Good Base pay-especially for people straight out of college

ConsSame thing day after day-became monotonous
A little too scripted when talking on the phone to potential advertisers
A lot to memorize at the begning

Advice to Senior ManagementLess scripted, so more personality can come through. Some clients knew when it seemed scripted and said something.

Worked for PSPSports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PSPSports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PSPSports CEO Jarred Metze. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by PSPSports employees.