PT Gaming

My first real job

Former Employee - Banker/Third Party Player
    Former Employee - Banker/Third Party Player

I worked at PT Gaming

Pros

Some of the nicest people I've ever met work here. If you just need a job to pay the bills, this is it. The immediate supervisors were all great people and I never had problems with any of them.

Cons

The 'High Command' up top does not engage at all with entry-level employees. By no engagement, I mean, you don't even get to see them speak or anything like that. The benefits and PTO are the bare minimum I think.

There is constantly a shortage of coworkers due to the 'revolving door' effect of low wages and people leaving all the time, so you have to fill in for them at least once a week if not more. Overtime is a regular 'accepted' thing and is heavily relied upon by upper management to keep the business running.

The wages should be higher. It's a revolving door of losing good people due to low wages.

Good Company but limited advancement

I have been working at PT Gaming

Pros

The company is great with chill management. Most of the coworkers are friendly and helpful

Cons

You have to work odd schedules and sometimes 6 days a week.

More bonus and incentives for our associates who work long hard hours.

This is a very bad company to work here

Former Employee - Banker/Third Party Player in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Banker/Third Party Player in San Jose, CA

I worked at PT Gaming

Pros

The best thing about working here is that you can get up and quit right on the spot

Cons

Management will CONSISTENTLY LIE to your face. No raises

This is a very bad company to work for. Although they pay you nice, the job entails you to sit at a table ALL DAY and do the exact same thing for 8 hours every single day. You will be harassed by the players, physically and verbally and the supervisors do not care to do anything about it. In terms of raises, they will not give you any even if you do everything they ask you to go do. Every casino in the company is vastly understaffed, because everyone HATES their job. You will be forced to work 6 days on a grave yard shift and you will hate it. There is a reason why they are constantly hiring people. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Long hours and poor employe support

Current Employee - Banker/Third Party Player in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Banker/Third Party Player in Gardena, CA

I have been working at PT Gaming full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy job that does not need experience. As long as you can count and play casino games you're good

Cons

Long hours and expect over time every day without having a choice
    Company has very poor employee values

You over work your employees and never listen.

Over all positive if you stay positive yourself

Former Employee - Gaming Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Gaming Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at PT Gaming full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

First of all let me start by saying that my experience with PT Gaming was unique as I was with the company for 11 years. Being a senior employee I was given a set schedule where others were not. I had preference to holidays off and my days off were rarely changed. I was able to enjoy a normal family life and the job kept me employed when I needed it most. I will be forever thankful to them for my time with the company.

Cons

One of the biggest draw backs to this company is the lack of positive feedback. Supervisors are quick to point out what you are doing wrong, but rarely give the kudos and pats on the back needed for a healthy mind and drive to succeed to do better. My experience is that given proper positive re-enforcement one works harder to be an even better employee. Yet when all you hear about are your faults and what you can do better, it breeds discontent. Discontent leads to gossip and bad feelings among other employees and you end up with a downward spiral of discontent employees. It is hard enough working in an environment where people are losing money and blame you. The job requires a quick mind, your undivided attention to detail and customer service skills in difficult situations. Be prepared to work odd hours on a varying schedule and holidays. Be careful planning any trips in advance as vacation requests may be denied up to a week before your scheduled vacation.

Again, let me mention how thankful I am for the time I was employed with you. I was able to grow with the company from its early months in Sacramento as NetworkM. I was very disappointed to see some of NetworkM's values lost however. As a former supervisor we were urged to give commendations to associates as well as write ups. As time went on, I noticed commendations were no longer given, in fact all of my supervisors had never heard of them by my last few years with the company. Your employees are for the most part young, positive reinforcement is a valuable tool that I think would make for an over all more positive work environment. After 11 years of working with you I left a broken individual. I no longer had faith in my self or my abilities. Which is funny if you look back at my career with you. I started out as an associate, became a supervisor, was demoted, but still fought to be the best associate you could have. I was given raises regularly for a couple of years reflecting on the good work I did. Then after 5 years everything changed. Bonuses gone, commendations gone, trust gone. Supervisors would watch me like a hawk just to find the one thing I might do wrong and were quick to point it out. I would work harder at every suggestion, but there was always another one. Your employees are people, not machines and deserve to be treated as such. I tried to keep a positive attitude and not get caught up in the discontent of other employees, but it was hard for me to know that they were so unhappy and it could have been resolved with some effort from management. Again, thanks for giving me employment when I needed it most, I am thankful for the time I had with you. I knew it would come to an end eventually and I have no hard feelings for being let go. I for the most part was treated very well, especially by management, and I will remember you all fondly.

Pt Gaming

Former Employee - Banking Associate in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Banking Associate in Martinez, CA

I worked at PT Gaming full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this company are the coworkers and the pay is decent.

Cons

There is alot of favortism being given by management. They allow some people to literally just stand around and drink soda for about 90% of their shift. Some of the people who are in charge have no clue what they are doing which makes most associates very irritated.

Start managing properly, most of your associates are looking for another job. The favortism is ridiculous and unfair and needs to be stopped!

gaming associate

Former Employee - Gaming Associate in San Pablo, CA
    Former Employee - Gaming Associate in San Pablo, CA

I worked at PT Gaming full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun co workers and get to watch people gamble and lose money.

Cons

Hours and Holidays work. Also must work in an environment with rude customers and smoking area.

It's okay, but got progressively worse the past couple years (Long Review)

Former Employee - Banking Associate
    Former Employee - Banking Associate

I worked at PT Gaming full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Days are usually pretty chill if you have no major issues on your tables

- Most co-workers and most casino staff are pretty cool to talk to and easy to get along with

- Pay is decent enough, but could be better

- Benefits are decent

Cons

- Depending on the shift you work, you will either have a decent social life outside of work or it will almost be completely non-existent.

- Customers of the casinos can be extremely difficult to deal with at times (a lot of them are grown men and women who throw tantrums like a 5 year old when they lose $20 and there's usually some insignificant sob story behind it)

- Some of the casino staff that you'll be working with and talking to (dealers and floorman mostly) are idiots and don't know what they're doing and are complete idiots sometimes.

- Ever since Knighted Ventures came into play, it seems like upper management is more concerned about keeping contracts and winning or losing money on some of the bigger action games. It has seemingly gotten to the point where associate morale is at the bottom of their priorities when it should be at the top or a very close second.

- It is almost impossible to plan anything due to the nature of the industry and scheduling. Unless you have a good reason (school, kids, second job, etc.), you will almost never have the same days off every week.

- They're currently extremely shorthanded, so expect to be working a lot of overtime and a lot of 6 day weeks.

Associate morale is terrible, especially among the ones that have been there for anything longer than a year. You need to give more back to the associates.

- Pay them more. Simple as that. No more of this "market rate" bull that you guys are talking about. And don't just give them an extra quarter or two. KV starts at $15/hr and, last time I checked, PTG starts off at $14. If you increase the starting pay, give the veterans an equal bump. Nobody working DH for 2 years wants to be getting paid the same as a new hire working Baccarat.

- Perks are great, but useless if the majority of those perks are in SoCal (I worked in NorCal). You need something longer lasting than just a company party every now and again. Bringing back some of the bonuses associates used to get would be good.

- Don't promote associates to leads or supes unless you are absolutely sure they're good for BOTH operations and associate morale.

- And for the love of all that is good and pure in this world (which isn't a whole lot anymore, now that i think about it) please stop treating your associates like they're less important than everything else. Otherwise you'll burn them all out and you eventually won't be able to replace them fast enough.

This company had become incredibly dysfunctional

Current Employee - VIP Gaming Associate
    Current Employee - VIP Gaming Associate

I have been working at PT Gaming full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The starting pay is definitely better than minimum wage. Coworkers and some of the casino staff are what make the job tolerable. Company parties and BBQs are the few things most associates look forward to.

Cons

Over the last couple of years management has gotten increasingly worse. I agree with a previous review that said once Knighted Ventures came around PTG has only been concerned with winning and losing money, as well as keeping their accounts and the casino staff happy. A lot of the people being promoted into management/lead positions lack management potential, as well as organization and communication skills. Most the people that move up are friends of supervisors and leads. The company also lags on catching peoples pay up, but they expect you to continue to put out full effort in training and overtime with little to show for it. They don't seem to care when associates are harassed or belittled by casino staff and patrons, yet will be quick to reprimand and punish associates for mistakes that are sometimes out of the associates hands. The turnover is at an all time high and morale at an all time low

Start listening to what your associates are telling you, they are the ones who have to work on the table all day and if they say something is a problem for them they probably aren't making it up. Have a better training structure for new associates and be sure to be consistent with things. Make sure that your leads are properly trained and can run a shift before leaving them alone to run a floor on a busy Saturday night. Come up with some sort of pay structure other than "at the discretion of the supervisors" when associates learn games. Be more consistent about giving yearly reviews. Communicate with your associates about important things don't make shift meetings all about scolding them like little kids.

PTG CARES FOR IT'S PEOPLE!

I have been working at PT Gaming full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great communication up and down throughout the company. great teamwork! management takes the time to listen.

Cons

more company events for associates

PT Gaming Photos