PTI Reviews

1. Good place

Former Employee - Financial in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Financial in San Antonio, TX

I worked at PTI

Pros

Flexible, you are given the ability to make decisions and to work from home from time to time. Also able to adjust your shifts

Cons

Inconsistency with management, sometimes you are given directive and you do it they way you thought then you are told by another manager to do it a different way.

All managers should go through management training so that they are managing in similiar styles. I know that we all manage but there should be consistency

2. .Defending my Managers

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Chattahoochee, FL
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Chattahoochee, FL

I have been working at PTI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Close to home. And I have a great team of Managers

Cons

People do not tend to their own business. If they would do their job and concentrate on what they are suppose to be doing then Chattahoochee PTI WOULD BE GREAT.

help with pay rate on miles or pay compensation on when their is no trips

3. Van driver

Current Employee - Yard Driver in Chattahoochee, FL
    Current Employee - Yard Driver in Chattahoochee, FL

I have been working at PTI

Pros

It's a job and it pays most of the bill's

Cons

They don't train you properly. The b.a curses at you talks to you like a dog.

Train people like ur suppose to and stop getting a attitude when people mess up.

5. Great job to have if you want to work

Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Detroit, MI

I have been working at PTI

Pros

It's a great company to work for

Cons

I don't get enough hours

Always give a person a chance to better there self

6. Good people, terrible senior leadership

Current Employee - Manager in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Evansville, IN

I have been working at PTI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers are amazing, nice people all trying to do the right thing, often in the face of terrible conditions. When someone does leave for a better job it is like they dug their way out. Some people are really trying to improve it.

Cons

The company is managed by fear; threats of outbursts by the senior leadership or actual outbursts. If the owner finds out, etc. His name is thrown around like a weapon. Members of the leadership board are long-term yes men for the owner and are focused on protecting themselves instead of visionary leadership. Most strong hires come, look around and leave.

Hire strong leaders and get out of the way. Managing like an episode of Mad Men from 1950 won't work in today's world. We are working incredible hours to make things happen but cant do it for very long. Benefits are too expensive, no time off (when we are off, our managers call us) and even no sick time.

7. Pti sucks

I worked at PTI

Pros

None, hire anyone who can pass drug test

Cons

Don't pay for miles or hours you do

Quit

8. PTI over the road driver

Current Employee - OTR Driver

I have been working at PTI full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No weekend work. Only work Monday through Friday. Easy work. Nice people to work for and with.

Cons

Would like to see them revamp their pay scale. Would also like to have them use better quality windshield wipers on their vans. Many people's lives depend on these vehicles, they should be kept in tip top condition. They need to enforce their no smoking policy in the vans. Most of them smell like old ashtrays.

Use better quality equipment in vans, update GPS systems. Have better directions written out for drivers. Dispatch needs to be better about providing a 2 hour lead, most times we are lucky to get an hour to get from our home to the van to a destination 2 hours away, then they wonder why we are late.

9. UPSEU local

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at PTI (more than a year)

Pros

We have a union to fight with let's use them and try to right some of these wrongs

Cons

There are no cons with the union

Pay a decent wage and treat your employees fairly

10. Easiest Job You'll Ever Despise!

Current Employee - OTR Driver

I have been working at PTI (more than 3 years)

Pros

All you have to do is have a clean driving history, a regular driving licence, and be able to pass a standard drug test. That is it. Seriously --- they asked me not one other question before hiring me. The work is actually enjoyable. You drive a minivan taking railroad conductors and engineers to\from depots, hotels, and sidings. They are almost NEVER in a hurry, very patient (they get paid more when there are delays) - so this is way lower stress than driving a taxicab!

Cons

Horrible, immoral and illegal pay structure. You are required to do a great deal of work while off the clock. They see settling out of court in an endless series of class-action lawsuits as a cost of doing business. They make protestations of caring about their employees, and then pay them less than minimum wage. The "Union" is to be taken as seriously as one can, while knowing the OTR Drivers are paid less than minimum wage.

Pay a fair wage. Stop hiding behind minuscule out-of-court settlements and pay at least minimum wage. From there we could discuss an actual LIVING Wage, but we'd love to see Minimum before the turn of the next century. And stop acting like this is a job for retired people with other income. You are a corporation in the United States and you make astonishing profits from the railroads. Treat your drivers fairly, and you'll see a drop in turnover and finally have a company worth being proud of.

11. Laid Off

Current Employee - Production Worker in Berthoud, CO
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Berthoud, CO

I have been working at PTI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and retirement plan

Cons

Low pay, company unappreciative of high skill levels and experience.

Make more effort to recognize the value of your employees experience, utilize it and compensate them for it.