PUMA

Updated November 11, 2014
3.6

PUMA CEO Björn Gulden
Björn Gulden

Pros
  • There were lots of free clothes, there was an 80% discount otherwise, there was a large product selection (in 9 reviews)

• Flexible Schedule, Relaxed Working Atmosphere, Cool People, Best Retail Discount, Free Clothing Every Qtr (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There has been much turn over within the company involving upper management (in 9 reviews)

• Limited opportunity for advancement (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Brand, Great People, Great Potential

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at PUMA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brand, people, potential. Fantastic category for sport and fashion enthusiasts.

Cons

Lacking some self-control, discipline and clear top-down strategy

short term pain is worth the long-term gain. Make daring decisions and let's remove/replace some of the complacent folks in management. Let's rebuild this great brand.

Nov 14, 2014Human Resources

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback. We are aware that ongoing changes in the past have been difficult for employees worldwide. We are positive though that with our new orientation and ideas from ... More

A fun work environment!

Former Employee - Full Time Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Full Time Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PUMA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Store discount, clothing allotments, and medical/dental package for full time associates are quite nice. Nice atmosphere and working relationship with fellow employees and management (bad eggs are quickly weeded out). Work put in is noticed and appreciated.

Cons

Sales associates expected to work at a level similar to commissioned associates at other chains, except without the commission as motivation. Unrealistic sales goals during the recession. These can mostly be attributed to Puma NA rather than the store itself.

Commission! There is no better way to ensure sales associates will attempt to sell as much to each customer as they absolutely can.

Nov 14, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your positive feedback and your advice! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time at PUMA. We wish you all the best for your further career!

marketing intern

I have been working at PUMA as an intern

Pros

good culture and love the work

Cons

Management is a bit lousy in terms of helping you grow

Nov 14, 2014Human Resources

Many thanks for your feedback. We wish you all the best for your future career.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Full Time Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Full Time Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at PUMA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits for both part-time and full-time

Cons

Internal promotions are slow going.

Nov 14, 2014Human Resources

Many thanks for your feedback. We wish you all the best for your future career!

Great company to work for but upper management is lacking in experience.

Current Employee - PT Supervisor in Uncasville, CT
    Current Employee - PT Supervisor in Uncasville, CT

I have been working at PUMA part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount is amazing. You get an allotment of clothes and shoes every season. Co workers are passionate about the product. The customer experience are one in a life time since this store is located inside of a casino.

Cons

There has been much turn over within the company involving upper management. District managers becoming Regional and then Area Managers after being a District manager for only a couple months, and its not because of their personal achievements it because of the company down sizing.

Take more time to experience and evaluate each store. Too many upper management are just looking at the trend of sales and not checking on the efficiency of every employee.

Nov 14, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you have enjoyed working for PUMA. Thank you also for the constructive criticism! We take it serious and will get on touch with the persons in charge ... More

Horrible

I have been working at PUMA

Pros

Free clothes every season.

Cons

Way too many managers not enough associates. Promo changes are super random, because of the lack of associates supervisors turn into sales people. At least 3 or more policy and procedures to read and sign daily. Store manager runs a 1.2 million location in the middle of nowhere like its a 8 million location. Where anything you do is never enough. No open communication between supervisors and district manager. If contacting store manager while she's off she gives you a lecture of why we called on her day off. Way too much paperwork for closing procedures. Company has trust issues with money and there employees.

Loosen up the grips. People want to come to work and not be treated horribly.

Sep 29, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback. We can understand your anger, but at the same time we also hope for your understanding that there are certain procedures and guidelines every management has to ... More

STRESSFULL!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Stock in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Stock in Orlando, FL

I have been working at PUMA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Store atmosphere, upbeat music, good discounts. Free clothes 3 times a year.

Cons

Pay sucks, too much work with no incentives, too many supervisors and managers in such a small store, favoritism towards certain employees, long tenured employees have more control than own store manager or management in general. They cut your hours for no apparent reason and change your schedule without proper notice. Some managers are nice to you in front of you but talk about you to other employees behind your back. Overall the only good thing about working for this company is the discounts, everything else sucks.

Learn how to listen to your hard working employees concerns and not treat them like crap. And for the love of god stop promoting inexperienced people to management.

Sep 23, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback. We're truely sorry to hear that you have experienced your time with PUMA like this. The living of our vision "fair, honest, positive, creative" is ... More

A Good Start

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at PUMA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great support system among managers when it comes to training and working to refine each other's management skills. Also have good employee benefits when it comes to creating a flexible schedule, better than average pay, and upbeat store atmosphere.

Cons

Not a large amount of stores in a variety of locations, which makes employment difficult unless location is close. Also, hard to move up into management and beyond due to the smaller amount of stores available to be management in. For a retail job, it is unfortunate to have to work on holidays as well.

Eh

Former Employee - PUMA Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - PUMA Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at PUMA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clothes you get for the season

Cons

No hours , Low Pay, Rude staff, And Favoritism .

Good experience builder

I have been working at PUMA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work environment and great people and comradery.
    Good learning industry experience.

Cons

Growth within company can be stifled depending on which department you work in/
    Some lack of interest in personal growth of employees from upper management.
    Salaries are very unbalanced across the departments and categories.

More frequent check-ins with employees to share positive/negative feedback.