PVH Corp. Reviews

Updated September 4, 2014
3.6

PVH Corp. Chairman and CEO Manny Chirico
Manny Chirico

Pros
  • People, benefits, flex time and work life balance, great location (in 8 reviews)

• Great benefits including health dental vision retirement vacation and discounts (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Payroll contraints, work-life balance, compensation for longterm employee - capped based on store volume not on productivity (in 5 reviews)

• Senior management almost never change (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Tremendous Learning Experience

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is so highly regarded that whenever I tell people I worked there, the attention is immediately on me

There is a wealth of experience/backgrounds, hard-working, amazing benefits and great discount on merchandise,

Cons

The company is very demanding, has high expectations, very competitive as people would sacrifice so much just to work at the company alone

Floor Supervisor

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time for more than a year

Pros

Guaranteed hours as a management associate, significant dress code discount.

Cons

There are heavy payroll constraints wherein little to no payroll is given to complete heavy tasking, the workload is extremely heavy week after week with no adjustment to the amount manpower allotted to complete the work, the wages are complete nonsense, etc.. In fact, PVH is the lowest paying company in the large outlet mall at which I work. Temporary workers at some retailers in the mall make three dollars more than I do per hour, and that's just one example. The benefits and perks are provided only to full-time employees at an excess. There is little to no opportunity for promotion, but truthfully, who in their right mind would want to work in retail as a career? Corporate has the money to spend on perks and benefits for full-time employees left and right, but cannot provide higher wages to their dedicated employees or more payroll to stores. It's a travesty to say the absolute least. Despite all the grievances I have with my current position, I feel worse for the sales associates. The pay is so much worse, hours are never guaranteed and are always being cut, and the workload is one that merits far higher compensation. Time and time again, sales associates are hired only to be let down by the miserable provision of hours and the equally abysmal hourly payment. The company attempts to assuage their wrongs by offering a sizable discount on dress code merchandise (50% off) and non-dress code merchandise (40% off), but this is nonsense. Providing a discount is a benefit that can only be reaped if the associate is willing to spend their measly paychecks on clothing. It's completely ludicrous that this is considered an upside to working for the company. At most, it's designed to lure employees into accepting a job offer for a position that will undoubtedly be incredibly underfunded. The organization of corporate resources, or lack thereof, is abhorrent.

Reapportion your resources to provide just wages for your employees and the appropriate payroll hours necessary to execute the weekly tasks you provide ad nauseam. Moreover, stop providing all of the benefits to only your full-time employees. Offer now opportunities to lower ranks in the store to increase morale and your reputation. For example, allow floor supervisors and sales associates to participate in the HealthMatters walking challenges. I'm betting that our pedometers would read much higher than those of our "superiors" because we're the ones doing all of the leg work while upper management does little more to contribute to the physical labor than point at what their drones should complete next.

Newer Employee Love the company

Current Employee - Hard Worker  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Hard Worker in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company, great team members, great leaders and managers. Recent hire in Bridgewater and I can honestly say this is the most organized company I have ever worked in. The culture is positive and everyone is working hard for the good of the company. The only thing that will hold you back at PVH is your self, every opportunity to advance is clearly out in front of you and all you have to do is work for it and earn it. You have a voice in meetings and ideas are openly exchanged and the team makes the decision how to move forward. Great vacation package and holidays that most companies long discarded. Great benefits and a pension. The company is growing and been actively purchasing other companies "great sign of strength"

Cons

Political but that can be over come by listening and working hard.

The leadership at PVH is amazing please keep up the great work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty decent for retail

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, no hard selling goals, a company that tries to take care of its employees. As far as retail went, it was pretty decent.

Cons

No benefits for anyone who isn't full-time, and full-time positions are hard to come by because no one lets go of them once they get them (understandably).

PVH corp is most amazing company I had ever work for.

Current Employee - Senior Deduction Analyst  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Deduction Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here , the leadership is beyond expectation . the company value and they way the value their employees has been outstanding experience for me. Personal growth depends on your own productivity , proformance , and meeting the company standards.

Cons

I love challenge so nothing seems difficult for me , when I have excellent team to work with.

None they have it all under control. They considerate and beyond my expectation.

Really good company

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in McDonough, GA

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours were great. Company Holidays - fabulous!

Cons

The pay could be better

Take more advice from management team

pvh

Current Employee - Product Development Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Development Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big company with lots of brands that hopefully you will be able to transition and grow with if you wanted to move.

Cons

High design turnover and green managers that do not foster growth or education. New processes every season!

Have more touch bases and ensure that all team members including upper and middle management are consistent with processes and design direction.

No Opportunity for Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get great benefits and vacation time, and PVH does a lot with corporate responsibility and there are opportunities for volunteer work.

Cons

As an entry level employee, compensation and yearly increases are below average. Instead of investing in and growing their employees, they continually change job responsibilities in a way that is detrimental to career growth. Extremely high turnover and unhappy employees found on ever floor.

Maintain the hard-working, talented, and effective employees you have. Get rid of the small-mindedness where everyone has to wear every hat in the book and take on more and more work, and just hire people to do their jobs. It is a lot more beneficial to have three people working as an effective team to get work done, instead of having one person doing three people's jobs, barely above water.

Lack of communication and respect

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Health benefits and 401k plan, employee discount

Cons

Lack of communication between departments - the right hand never seemed to know what the left was doing. The task load was heavy enough to warrant extra manpower, but we were not allowed to spend payroll hours. The district management was disrespectful and accusatory and when asked for assistance they gave the response of "figure it out yourself". Pressure to work overtime with no compensation. No bonus earned in over two years due to flawed system that did not reward for individual store accomplishments. The handling of upper management decisions to offload a brand was handled poorly and those field management who were let go were treated in a manner that was unbecoming.

Get your act together. Support your staff and give pay raises that are comparable to other like-minded companies.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Designer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary and lots of benefits.

Cons

Highly political atmosphere to navigate.

Treat your senior women more fairly.

Worked for PVH Corp.? Contribute to the Community!