PVH Corp.

Updated December 13, 2014
3.5

PVH Corp. Chairman and CEO Manny Chirico
Manny Chirico

Pros
  • There is a great work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Great benefits including health dental vision retirement vacation and discounts (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Payroll contraints, work-life balance, compensation for longterm employee - capped based on store volume not on productivity (in 5 reviews)

• full-time positions are hard to come by because no one lets go of them once they get them (understandably) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent company. Good employee discounts.

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employee discounts to PVH stores. There is some opportunity to grow within the company if they like you.

Cons

Too political. There was a lot of change the last year I worked there. They switched to a site manager because the stores were not doing as well as intended. They let go of our store manager and didn't let anyone know what was going for days. Lack of communication between upper management and employees. New management talked a lot trash on old employees/ management. Not enough hours to go around. I worked there over two years and they never set up my direct deposit, and they use adp card which is a joke.

Learn to communicate what's really going on with the company. Be fair with everybody and be more open to letting go of associates who don't show up for their shifts. Get your administrative team on the same page, and hold them accountable to get stuff done.

Very nice people but not the most organized

Current Employee - Financial Services in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Services in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are very nice and groups are like your family
    Cafeteria is good
    Discount is awesome

Cons

Disorganized with unrealistic expectations
    Normal day ends at 7:30pm
    Eating dinner at work becomes the norm

Plan more in advance and make reasonable targets without emrrwuiring people to work all day/night

Great company

I have been working at PVH Corp.

Pros

You can tell they really care about their employees

Cons

No cons of working here

Good experience for up-and-comers, bad for post-graduates.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Because I am already dressed formally with a dress shirt, slacks, loafers and a tie, it is easy for me to provide customers with informed fashion tips when they are looking to build their own outfits. Our store is located in an outlet mall, which makes selling our competitive prices on merchandise (almost) a breeze. Additionally, I receive an incredible employee discount of 50% on work-related attire and 40% off of other merchandise (e.g. polos, jeans and sunglasses).

Cons

A majority of our customers are foreign tourists who speak limited English, making it difficult for me to not only communicate with shoppers, but also to follow all five steps of the S.A.L.E.S. method (Say hello, Approach the customer, Listen to their wants, Evaluate their needs, Say thank you). Also, the company does not offer any commission, which is unfortunate considering there are times when fellow associates and I spend extensive time with a single customer helping him or her find everything he or she acquires in a purchase.

Close on time. Don't allow 15 people to walk into the store two minutes before closing time and let them take all the time they want to make a purchase decision. We once had customers nearly 30 minutes past closing time with only 2 people slated to recover that night; we wound up staying two hours longer than normal straightening the merchandise and closing the registers. I have a life, too, and I don't want to spend all of it cleaning up other people's mess.

Great experience working for a company always willing to give a helping hand and point you in the right direction.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blaine, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blaine, WA

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great leadership, training gets you well prepared for the job, working in a team environment where everyone pitches in and helps each other out, as well as friendly co-workers

Cons

not great benefits, doesn't allow overtime, scheduling isn't always well structured and sometimes changes last minute or a day before your shift, sometimes you may not get notified about your shift change

PVH Corp. Jonesville, NC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesville, NC

I have been working at PVH Corp.

Pros

A few great people to work with. Insurance is awesome. Plant manager is very easy to get along with. Good company discount.

Cons

Catty women, rumor mill, Judgmental management and associates. Most can't see past their own noses. If there is a problem, it's swept under the proverbial rug. It's like working with a group of kindergartners, from upper management on down. There is a wolf pack mentality. There are only a few people working there who do their jobs professionally. Good old Southern Hospitality means, trying to knock your competitor out of the game, even if it's an associate or some level of management who does more for the company.

Clean house. You know by the inter-company survey that something is VERY WRONG with the way things are being run. LISTEN to your fellow associates. Just because someone has experience at a job, doesn't mean they're any good at it. Someone who doesn't have a very high IQ, doesn't have a high level of common sense or someone who can't get along with others, without being highly judgmental because of personality or social differences should NOT be in in ANY type of management position. There are a lot of prejudice people in your workplace.

Not recommended

Current Employee - Position In Corporate Office in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Position In Corporate Office in New York, NY

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time

Pros

The Benefits are the only pro I can think of

Cons

Bad management, long hours, low pay, boys club culture, no fairness and equality, inefficient / non-existant processes

really value their employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at PVH Corp. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Employees are really valued at PVH, hence the reason so many have been with the company for 10+ years. There are associates who have never worked anywhere other than PVH. There is a great work-life balance. departments work together to achieve common goals. Overall great atmosphere. Amazing training for interns!!!

Cons

Hire on a need basis. As an intern, this is not ideal because securing a job at the completion of your internship is VERY rare. However, if you keep in touch with your supervisor or recruiter they will help you out.

Try and help interns and entry level associates move up faster

Maintenance is my current position
    Supervisors are cool. Lots to get into with single and married here.
    No one cares :)

Current Employee - Maintenance in Jonesville, NC
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Jonesville, NC

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Ability to go outside of plant and other places. I like to do my thang. U know ;) and as I said no one cares if u do and doesn't matter if u married.

Cons

No challenges here. You can do as u want and have a great job while doing it.

If I were upper management ..
    Might would control the behavior of workers but I'm not so its all good

Great Place to Work

I worked at PVH Corp. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.

Cons

It's in the middle of New Jersey, not much around the company.

PVH Corp. Photos