PVH Corp. Reviews

Excellent Internship Program – Great Company/Work Environment

Former Intern - Visual Marketing in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Intern - Visual Marketing in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at PVH Corp. as an intern

Pros

– Great working environment.
    – Wonderful team experience (the Visual Marketing team is fantastic).
    – Great company to be a part of – treats its employees extremely well.
    – Even as an intern, I was given the responsibilities, direction, and respect that a full-time employee would be given.
    – Everyone in the department was friendly, helpful, and encouraging.
    – Paid internship.

Cons

– The community service outings with the other interns weren't very well organized. The concept is wonderful, but the execution needs some work.

2. I had a great experience working at this company, I became experience driving forklift, pallet jack and stock picker

I worked at PVH Corp.

Pros

This company treat you as if you are family with very lenient rules.

Cons

The challenge that most come to mind is the absences and lateness

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Typical fashion company, some love, some hate it

I have been working at PVH Corp.

Pros

Great benefits and a lot of company perks - holidays, parties, discounts, great kitchen with tons of drinks and free drinks / coffee.

Cons

Being an older established company, any type of change in any area - whether processes or policies or computer systems takes years until things change. When they are officially changed, it always goes back to the way it was. The good managers are great and you can see how quickly their staff is promoted. But there are more bad managers that may know how to do their "jobs", but are not necessarily good managers to the staff. Being that is such a huge corporation; you become slightly pigeon-holed in a position; that does not really transfer to other companies so it is difficult to find a similar job outside of PVH.

PVH Corp. Response

Mar 23, 2015Company Representative

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We read every comment and we’ll make sure to communicate the points your brought up to the appropriate management team.

Great company

I have been working at PVH Corp.

Pros

You can tell they really care about their employees

Cons

No cons of working here

6. Great experience working for a company always willing to give a helping hand and point you in the right direction.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blaine, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blaine, WA

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, training gets you well prepared for the job, working in a team environment where everyone pitches in and helps each other out, as well as friendly co-workers

Cons

not great benefits, doesn't allow overtime, scheduling isn't always well structured and sometimes changes last minute or a day before your shift, sometimes you may not get notified about your shift change

7. i would not wish this on my worst enemy.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Knoxville, TN

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount on clothes which made it a little bearable to work their but it was not worth it in the long run. The pay was horrible they need to keep up with the market.

Cons

I worked in an old disgusting warehouse. The plant manager did not believe in using AC when it was hot or heat when it was cold. A monkey could do my job.

Advice to Management

Promote people their is no way to move up people get tired of working the same positions.

8. Decent company. Good employee discounts.

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great employee discounts to PVH stores. There is some opportunity to grow within the company if they like you.

Cons

Too political. There was a lot of change the last year I worked there. They switched to a site manager because the stores were not doing as well as intended. They let go of our store manager and didn't let anyone know what was going for days. Lack of communication between upper management and employees. New management talked a lot trash on old employees/ management. Not enough hours to go around. I worked there over two years and they never set up my direct deposit, and they use adp card which is a joke.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate what's really going on with the company. Be fair with everybody and be more open to letting go of associates who don't show up for their shifts. Get your administrative team on the same page, and hold them accountable to get stuff done.

9. Very nice people but not the most organized

Current Employee - Financial Services in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Services in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are very nice and groups are like your family
    Cafeteria is good
    Discount is awesome

Cons

Disorganized with unrealistic expectations
    Normal day ends at 7:30pm
    Eating dinner at work becomes the norm

Advice to Management

Plan more in advance and make reasonable targets without emrrwuiring people to work all day/night

10. Good experience for up-and-comers, bad for post-graduates.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Because I am already dressed formally with a dress shirt, slacks, loafers and a tie, it is easy for me to provide customers with informed fashion tips when they are looking to build their own outfits. Our store is located in an outlet mall, which makes selling our competitive prices on merchandise (almost) a breeze. Additionally, I receive an incredible employee discount of 50% on work-related attire and 40% off of other merchandise (e.g. polos, jeans and sunglasses).

Cons

A majority of our customers are foreign tourists who speak limited English, making it difficult for me to not only communicate with shoppers, but also to follow all five steps of the S.A.L.E.S. method (Say hello, Approach the customer, Listen to their wants, Evaluate their needs, Say thank you). Also, the company does not offer any commission, which is unfortunate considering there are times when fellow associates and I spend extensive time with a single customer helping him or her find everything he or she acquires in a purchase.

Advice to Management

Close on time. Don't allow 15 people to walk into the store two minutes before closing time and let them take all the time they want to make a purchase decision. We once had customers nearly 30 minutes past closing time with only 2 people slated to recover that night; we wound up staying two hours longer than normal straightening the merchandise and closing the registers. I have a life, too, and I don't want to spend all of it cleaning up other people's mess.

11. Good Ideals, no Follow-through

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesville, NC

I have been working at PVH Corp. (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good insurance, paid time-off, company dinners for employees during holidays.

Cons

There is no chance of advancement for those who come in, and don't already know someone in management. Work atmosphere is a torrent of back-stabbing, on plant floor as well as in management, though I guess that's how most workplaces are these days. No personal days, no sick days, doctors notes not accepted.

Advice to Management

Listen to your "associates" who work in the plant every day. They're the ones who are really keeping your plant running. They know more of what's going on than anyone who sits in an office ever could. Thank you for my employment. I had money to pay my bills and put food on the table for my family. Look at your company reviews by employees. No one is happy in any PVH facility, except higher management, mainly in Bridgewater...

PVH Corp. Photos