PVH Corp. Reviews

Updated April 16, 2015
163 reviews filtered by

1. Varied experience - some good, some not so much.

I have been working at PVH Corp.

Pros

Great benefits, fantastic perks, and good opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Inefficient, old-fashioned and laden with red-tape.

Advice to Management

Try to improve business processes - look to improve and innovate, rather than continue doing the same outdated things that you have always done.

Tremendous Learning Experience

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is so highly regarded that whenever I tell people I worked there, the attention is immediately on me

There is a wealth of experience/backgrounds, hard-working, amazing benefits and great discount on merchandise,

Cons

The company is very demanding, has high expectations, very competitive as people would sacrifice so much just to work at the company alone

3. Extremely Disappointed in Internship

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at PVH Corp. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My managers and coworkers were very friendly. Campus is beautiful, cafeteria is very good. Opportunity to travel to NYC for field events.

Cons

My direct managers, for the most part, did not engage with me. There were days when I would not speak to a single manager beyond a "good morning" or "have a good night". Every morning I would ask for work, and I would be told "something will come down the pipe soon". There would be whole weeks that went by without a single assignment. There is no support for interns once you leave the program - no references will be provided as per company policy.

Advice to Management

Provide references for your interns. Make sure your managers are actually participating in the internship program. I honestly believed that this would be the most challenging and rewarding 10 weeks of my early career but nearly everyday I found myself regretting my decision to intern with PVH.

PVH Corp. Response

Oct 28, 2014Company Representative

Hello- Thanks for taking the time to review our company. At PVH we strive to create a fulfilling workplace for all of our employees, including our interns. Traditionally, our interns have a positive ... More

5. Great first job

I worked at PVH Corp.

Pros

Great training structure and management

Cons

Seems like Breaks are frowned upon

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and treat employees well and they will work hard for you

6. Floor Supervisor

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed hours as a management associate, significant dress code discount.

Cons

There are heavy payroll constraints wherein little to no payroll is given to complete heavy tasking, the workload is extremely heavy week after week with no adjustment to the amount manpower allotted to complete the work, the wages are complete nonsense, etc.. In fact, PVH is the lowest paying company in the large outlet mall at which I work. Temporary workers at some retailers in the mall make three dollars more than I do per hour, and that's just one example. The benefits and perks are provided only to full-time employees at an excess. There is little to no opportunity for promotion, but truthfully, who in their right mind would want to work in retail as a career? Corporate has the money to spend on perks and benefits for full-time employees left and right, but cannot provide higher wages to their dedicated employees or more payroll to stores. It's a travesty to say the absolute least. Despite all the grievances I have with my current position, I feel worse for the sales associates. The pay is so much worse, hours are never guaranteed and are always being cut, and the workload is one that merits far higher compensation. Time and time again, sales associates are hired only to be let down by the miserable provision of hours and the equally abysmal hourly payment. The company attempts to assuage their wrongs by offering a sizable discount on dress code merchandise (50% off) and non-dress code merchandise (40% off), but this is nonsense. Providing a discount is a benefit that can only be reaped if the associate is willing to spend their measly paychecks on clothing. It's completely ludicrous that this is considered an upside to working for the company. At most, it's designed to lure employees into accepting a job offer for a position that will undoubtedly be incredibly underfunded. The organization of corporate resources, or lack thereof, is abhorrent.

Advice to Management

Reapportion your resources to provide just wages for your employees and the appropriate payroll hours necessary to execute the weekly tasks you provide ad nauseam. Moreover, stop providing all of the benefits to only your full-time employees. Offer now opportunities to lower ranks in the store to increase morale and your reputation. For example, allow floor supervisors and sales associates to participate in the HealthMatters walking challenges. I'm betting that our pedometers would read much higher than those of our "superiors" because we're the ones doing all of the leg work while upper management does little more to contribute to the physical labor than point at what their drones should complete next.

7. I have been a part-time sales associate for a few years.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you just want a part-time retail job, this place is fine. There isn't a store credit card and you don't have to hound customers. For the most part, I really liked the people that I worked with. The discount was also really great.

Cons

I didn't get a raise until after over 2 years of working there. Even in our high volume store, there ware barely enough payroll hours for floor coverage and to complete tasks.

Advice to Management

Give stores a lot more payroll hours so that your employees actually have time to provide real customer service.

Newer Employee Love the company

Current Employee - Hard Worker in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Hard Worker in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, great team members, great leaders and managers. Recent hire in Bridgewater and I can honestly say this is the most organized company I have ever worked in. The culture is positive and everyone is working hard for the good of the company. The only thing that will hold you back at PVH is your self, every opportunity to advance is clearly out in front of you and all you have to do is work for it and earn it. You have a voice in meetings and ideas are openly exchanged and the team makes the decision how to move forward. Great vacation package and holidays that most companies long discarded. Great benefits and a pension. The company is growing and been actively purchasing other companies "great sign of strength"

Cons

Political but that can be over come by listening and working hard.

Advice to Management

The leadership at PVH is amazing please keep up the great work.

9. Pretty decent for retail

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, no hard selling goals, a company that tries to take care of its employees. As far as retail went, it was pretty decent.

Cons

No benefits for anyone who isn't full-time, and full-time positions are hard to come by because no one lets go of them once they get them (understandably).

Really good company

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in McDonough, GA

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours were great. Company Holidays - fabulous!

Cons

The pay could be better

Advice to Management

Take more advice from management team

PVH corp is most amazing company I had ever work for.

Current Employee - Senior Deduction Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Deduction Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here , the leadership is beyond expectation . the company value and they way the value their employees has been outstanding experience for me. Personal growth depends on your own productivity , proformance , and meeting the company standards.

Cons

I love challenge so nothing seems difficult for me , when I have excellent team to work with.

Advice to Management

None they have it all under control. They considerate and beyond my expectation.

PVH Corp. Photos