PaR Systems Reviews

2.5

CEO

SUPPLY CHAIN IMPROVEMENT NEEDED

I worked at PaR Systems

Pros

Good People in middle management. Benefits are Great relative to other industries today.

Cons

Operations supervision is non-existent. Priorities are not conveyed effectively and processes are not enforced. The culture from the mother company is in direct conflict with that of it's subsidiaries.

Set priorities, enforce processes, and build a reliable vendor supply force.

Great company with lots of opportunities to work on very interesting projects.

Current Employee - Co-Op Intern in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Co-Op Intern in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at PaR Systems as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Company covers many industries with lots of very interesting and high-profile projects to work on. PaR covers robotics and material-handling for manufacturing, mining, nuclear, and more, and subsidiaries cover crane systems, ship elevators, life science robotics, and more.

Cons

Company is experiencing a lull in orders at the moment, leading to a temporary hiring freeze. Business should turn around soon, but at the moment there might be reason for concern.

More communication would be a step in the right direction. As a lower-level employee, there have been several instances where I could have saved myself and other a lot of work if I had know better what the specifics of a given contract were.

Controls Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Controls Engineer Intern in Shoreview, MN
    Former Employee - Controls Engineer Intern in Shoreview, MN

I worked at PaR Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The managers are very nice and down to earth.

Cons

It was more hardware based. We weren't trusted with fun work.
    You have to take 1 hour for lunch.
    Decent pay for interns.

Oh My God.... Stay Away!

Former Employee - Manager in Brunswick, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Brunswick, GA

I worked at PaR Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting business. Interesting customers.
    It's near the coast.

Cons

It is a culture of finger-pointing! Everyone is most concerned with not being blamed for anything, rather than striving to excel. The best finger-pointers rise to the top!
    It is a pit of vipers.
    There is no management "system"... only knee-jerk reactions, intimidations, and a "every man for himself" attitude.
    The best managers have either left the company, or have been forced to leave. The best employees have either left the company, or trying to get out.

Be human. Have compassion. And for God's sake, develope a management style that is steady, fair, and consistent.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Purchasing Department in Brunswick, GA
    Current Employee - Purchasing Department in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at PaR Systems

Pros

Decent pay.
    Interesting industry. The products we build are important to national defense.

Cons

Management changes have created a very demeaning atmosphere within my department, caused by the new functional manager.

None....now. It's too late. You have made some bad decisions regarding changes in functional management.