Pace Analytical Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Steve A Vanderboom

Pros
  • Great people to work with all suffering together LOVED working for the previous company, ELAB (in 3 reviews)

• Pace Analytical has a decent benefits package and my position allowed flex time and a condensed workweek which was a great bonus (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for the amount of work expected from you (in 7 reviews)

• There is not one person (minus upper management) in the building who actually likes their job and doesn't want to work somewhere else (in 6 reviews)

Lab analyst

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time

Pros

Great starter job to get foot in door of your career

Cons

Management doesn't quite understand value of employees so they often ask for over and beyond. Low pay

Advice to Management

Put yourself in their shoes and I'd you truly value the worth then show it by getting them the tools they need and pay

2. Stable, Slower-Paced

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time

Pros

Pace is a very responsible & stable company to work for. If you're looking for a starter job that will help you ease into the pace of a full-time job, this is for you. Good benefits; great vacation accrual rate. Relaxed environment. Everyone is friendly & willing to help. Good work-life balance.

Cons

They low-ball you with starting salary for an entry-level position, which doesn't leave room for competitive industry wages as you come up for annual salary review. The upper management has been with Pace for 10-20 years, so the rate of change can be slower compared to bigger, industry-leading companies. It's a slower pace compared to other industry-leading companies, so if you're a very driven and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you might want to do your due-diligence in whatever role you choose to apply for.

3. Pace Analytical LabOps

Current Employee - Project Manager in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to start right out of school. Pace runs a tight ship and provides solid regulatory support to its customers. The people there are generally great and HR is incredibly helpful.

Cons

Since I was only with the company for under a year before I decided to return to school I never came up for a salary review. That said, I've heard grumblings from colleagues regarding the postponement of their salary reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep holding your workers to a high standard while providing them the benefits you currently do. Just make sure people get their raises!

5. overworked under payed

Former Employee - Lab Analyst I in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Lab Analyst I in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were not upset if you were a couple mins. late, no time clocks, a lot of times your so busy you can't take a break so a couple mins. late comes out in the wash.

Cons

They overwork you until the stress level is so high your hands shake. They pay very low and expect you to do the job of 1 and a half to 2 people. Lab's are outdated. very little computer tracking for inventory. employee turn over is high due to the stress of the jobs, which make it hard on the dedicated employees, constant re-training.

Advice to Management

Hire enough people so the stress level is lower, update inventory control,

Behind the times

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people are good to work with.

Cons

Systems are extremely outdated. It is almost impossible to get any work done. Pace's email system is the worst. Good luck conducting any type of business through email. Outlook is what 98% of companies worldwide use for email communication. Pace should make the switch. Pay is way below the average, and the benefits costs are way too high for the little bit of coverage. Vacation benefit is not at all competitive with other companies.

Advice to Management

Invest in systems that work. Employees work harder when the company they work for uses systems that work. Frustration leads to poor morale and higher turnover.

7. Pace LabOps contract

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst III in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst III in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hiring process was quick, I had an offer within two weeks of my contacting the company with an interest in a position. For anyone new to the area or in a life transition, this is a great option for getting a good job quickly. All of the Pace employees I was in contact with were professional, courteous, and genuine. I was a contract employee placed in a position with a well-regarded company in the local area. This position suited me and my skills well, offered me training opportunities, and the ability to work with new lab equipment. It was a term-limited contract, which gave me time to find a permanent position with another great Minnesota employer.

Cons

My position was a term-limited contract with no permanence. Due to this circumstance, I was unable to view Pace Analytical as a dependable employer as they could not guarantee a new placement once my contract was over. The vacation and sick time benefits were the poorest I have had in any job. Time is earned regardless of pay grade or position, but is based on years of service with only 6 days of vacation in year 1 (this has changed to 10 days recently). Earning 1.5 hours of sick per 80 hours worked makes it difficult to build up and results in tough decisions to make when one is sick and has not earned enough time.

Advice to Management

Make a more competitive benefits package if your aim is to compete for happy and dedicated employees in the Minneapolis-St. Paul job market.

8. Best way to get foot in heavy doors

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst II in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst II in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pace Analytical is a fantastic, well-managed lab and staffing company. The recruiters and site managers genuinally care about their employees, even the ones that work offsite. You can expect prompt replies about any problems or conscerns. If you come on as a contractor, they have an excellent reputation and good relations amongst Twin Cities area science-based companies. They can give you a way in at companies such as 3M, Honeywell, Genenal Mills, and Boston Scientific.

Cons

The pay is slightly below industry average, but the benefits compensate. If you are a contractor, I wouldn't rely on getting hired fulltime. It's only a chance, and it's more the exception than the rule. Be proactive and try to stand out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. But don't overburden the on-site managers too badly.

Manager

I have been working at Pace Analytical

Pros

Some flexibility in work schedule.

Cons

High stress. Continual change in scope of work.

10. Contractor gig

I have been working at Pace Analytical

Pros

Very easy to get a job - they literally hire anyone

Cons

no opportunities for advancement and only offer contract opportunities

Advice to Management

You have a lot of talented employees in your contractor bases - and you will lose them all if you dont offer opportunies for advancement

11. Analyst

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time

Pros

Lots of hours, lots of experience to be gained Ability to work in a number of fields Great starter job for post college

Cons

Offsite work hours can be long Staffing for offsite has to work within hours set by company working for

Advice to Management

Offer less rotating shifts to people with families, or a higher compensation for those doing rotating shifts

RSS Feed </> Embed