Pace Analytical

Updated November 30, 2014
Updated November 30, 2014
2.6

Steve A Vanderboom

Pros
  • Great people to work with all suffering together LOVED working for the previous company, ELAB (in 3 reviews)

• My schedule is good and the pay is decent (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is usually clueless, very little training at entry level, high stress low pay (in 7 reviews)

• Orientation is nothing but eye wash to make upper management feel good (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to get your foot in the door, that's about it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent entry level position, feed you at meetings

Cons

Low salary, benefits not great, not a lot of room for growth within the company

Good place to gain experience

Current Employee - Lab Analyst I
    Current Employee - Lab Analyst I

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to gain quality experience in the environmental science field.
    Easy to move up in the company if you show interest and work hard.

Cons

Low pay and small raises.
    Numerous equipment problems which causes mandatory overtime.
    Not much upward mobility.

Great as long as you're not a contract employee, then watch your back

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Maplewood, MN
    Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Maplewood, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits were great, and I was lucky to be placed at 3M. Nothing wrong with working there--flexible workday, great people, labs, constant building improvements, excellent work environment. Very high standards, it is understood but never said that everyone is (or is supposed to be) a Type A workaholic and overachiever. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just don't ever think you can coast along there.

Because I was assigned to 3M I had an indirect experience with my Pace managers; emails about submitting timesheets on time and the like. I actually met them during the monthly meetings (which didn't seem to accomplish much in my mind) and when I was unexpectedly canned.

Cons

Contracters are expendable, and they (your contract company) will not hesitate to drop you with no warning at all if they think you're slacking, regardless of the circumstances. Once that happened, all Pace could do was say "well, sorry, please talk to HR on Monday and we'll see what we can do."

Have a better backup plan for contract employees. I jumped on an opening right after getting canned and got an intervew, but they chose someone else and I'm still waiting to hear back about all the other openings I keep applying for... it would be really easy to stick someone with a few years' experience in an entry-level position until something more appropriate opens up.

Best Contract Firm in the Twin Cities

Current Employee - Lab Analyst I in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Lab Analyst I in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Of all the contractors you can work for, Pace Analytical is the best. They are a lab first, and a staffer second; they have on site managers that you can go to for help, and they do try to make all their off-site contractors feel a part of the company. They offer pretty good benefits, payed time off, and tuition reimbursement. They can get you in the door of companies it's very hard to access, like 3M.

Cons

There is painfully little room for advancement, most contractors will never become permanent employees, and since they're scalping the top 20% or so of pay, your hourly rate is a little less than the state average for similar job titles.

Easy to get hired, hard to advance.

Former Employee - Lab Tech I in Greensburg, PA
    Former Employee - Lab Tech I in Greensburg, PA

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed everyone I interacted with inside the company. Management was quality, and their vision was admirable enough. The CEO visited each lab at least once a year and seemed both accessible and enthusiastic.

Cons

Pay was poor. I was paid through a temp agency and was told that after a few months they'd add me on. I inquired numerous times about the update in regards to that and was always told that they'd look into it. Months later I decided to move on. Had they offered me the security I wanted and was somewhat-promised I'm sure I would have stayed.

Great organization for entering regulatory affairs

Former Employee - Program Manager in Maplewood, MN
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Maplewood, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Professional organization with quality people. Supervisors and managers were very supportive and personable. Offers training and resources to its employees which provides a competitive advantage for its employees onsite at client companies as contractors. Benefits of health insurance and 401K plan. Many positions available. Provided an opportunity to gain experience starting out in career. Employees at client's site provide a maximum of 8 hours of service per day.

Cons

Salary was less than what employees of other contract firms earned, but only due to having better benefits. Some people end up in the same contract position for long periods of time depending on the client group they work in. Limited ability to climb within the company due to size of organization.

A lot of unhappy employees!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with all suffering together LOVED working for the previous company, ELAB!! When Pace came, all ethics took a nosedive!

Cons

lack of training, lack of respect for workers, no consequences for bad workers, managment bullying!! corporate does not care about whistleblowing either. CEO acts like he cares in his annual visits and make you think you really want to work for him, but the rest of management is AWFUL!!

Good place to work; can crate other opportunities

Former Employee - Research Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, paid time off

Cons

Mediocre pay, contract employment with little chance of being hired on full time

It is great experience, learn more about environment.

Former Employee - Environmental Lab Technician I
    Former Employee - Environmental Lab Technician I

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have good experience in lab. technician, work in all type of role and new position, very short time , familiarize quick take charge.

Cons

All challenging job completed and no complain.

In management , i share idea for improvement in process,economies .

Good place to get your foot in the laboratory world

Current Employee - Lab Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Lab Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and great hard-working people

Cons

No real room for advancement