Pace Analytical

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014
2.4

Steve A Vanderboom

Pros
  • There is some flexibility with the hours, scheduling vacation time, and even allowing you to make up hours on occasion (in 2 reviews)

• Pace Analytical has a decent benefits package and my position allowed flex time and a condensed workweek which was a great bonus (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is usually clueless, very little training at entry level, high stress low pay (in 6 reviews)

• Orientation is nothing but eye wash to make upper management feel good (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Easy to get hired, hard to advance.

Former Employee - Lab Tech I in Greensburg, PA
    Former Employee - Lab Tech I in Greensburg, PA

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed everyone I interacted with inside the company. Management was quality, and their vision was admirable enough. The CEO visited each lab at least once a year and seemed both accessible and enthusiastic.

Cons

Pay was poor. I was paid through a temp agency and was told that after a few months they'd add me on. I inquired numerous times about the update in regards to that and was always told that they'd look into it. Months later I decided to move on. Had they offered me the security I wanted and was somewhat-promised I'm sure I would have stayed.

Great organization for entering regulatory affairs

Former Employee - Program Manager in Maplewood, MN
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Maplewood, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Professional organization with quality people. Supervisors and managers were very supportive and personable. Offers training and resources to its employees which provides a competitive advantage for its employees onsite at client companies as contractors. Benefits of health insurance and 401K plan. Many positions available. Provided an opportunity to gain experience starting out in career. Employees at client's site provide a maximum of 8 hours of service per day.

Cons

Salary was less than what employees of other contract firms earned, but only due to having better benefits. Some people end up in the same contract position for long periods of time depending on the client group they work in. Limited ability to climb within the company due to size of organization.

A lot of unhappy employees!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with all suffering together LOVED working for the previous company, ELAB!! When Pace came, all ethics took a nosedive!

Cons

lack of training, lack of respect for workers, no consequences for bad workers, managment bullying!! corporate does not care about whistleblowing either. CEO acts like he cares in his annual visits and make you think you really want to work for him, but the rest of management is AWFUL!!

Good place to work; can crate other opportunities

Former Employee - Research Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, paid time off

Cons

Mediocre pay, contract employment with little chance of being hired on full time

It is great experience, learn more about environment.

Former Employee - Environmental Lab Technician I
    Former Employee - Environmental Lab Technician I

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have good experience in lab. technician, work in all type of role and new position, very short time , familiarize quick take charge.

Cons

All challenging job completed and no complain.

In management , i share idea for improvement in process,economies .

Good place to get your foot in the laboratory world

Current Employee - Lab Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Lab Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and great hard-working people

Cons

No real room for advancement

Low-balled from the start

Former Employee - Project Manager I in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Project Manager I in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Its a job out of college
    -Good experience

Cons

-Ridiculously low pay
    -Terrible Benefits, especially 401K
    -A slave to whatever employer your sent to
    - they take the clients word above yours.

A place to get experience but don't get stuck here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, flexibility with time off and start times. Days go extremely fast because you are often running around like a crazy person to even realize what time it is.

Cons

Everyone does what they want with no consquences. There are MANY people (in and out of the lab) who should not have jobs there due to lack of skills, failing at the job time after time, and even harassing other employees. However, they are so desperate for employees due to extreme turn over that management refuses to fire anyone. Apparently people who mess up constantly, making the few analysts who do their job correctly having to fix the mistakes time and time again, are better than noone. Not true. If you are going to pride yourself on integrity and correct results, actually produce this. It is very hard to hire someone who knows what they are doing due to lack of pay and long hours. Therefore, most of the employees are straight out of school lacking the knowledge and work ethic necessary for a lab to run smoothly.
    The hours are unbearable and you quickly become married to your job, even as a recent graduate just starting your career. The pay is laughable for what you are required to get done in a day and the chemicals you are exposed to.
    Local managment is too worried about everyone liking them and being friends with the people in their department (20+ years younger) to actually be a BOSS and reprimand when necessary and instead makes other analysts do their dirty work.
    There is not one person (minus upper management) in the building who actually likes their job and doesn't want to work somewhere else. Even the people who are in management positions are comfortable but hate their job. However, there is no free time to job search.
    This is solely a job for the desperate, to build your resume. Put a few years in and GET THE HELL OUT before you get stuck here like so many others.

Taste of the real world.

Current Employee - Lab Analyst I in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Lab Analyst I in Melville, NY

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time

Pros

Benefits are nice, coworkers are friendly

Cons

Upper management is usually clueless, very little training at entry level, high stress low pay.

Be more encouraging and provide more training.

Hard work does not amount to much. Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Lab Analyst II in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Lab Analyst II in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people you work with tend to be helpful and friendly. If you work with a group of hard worker it makes it a lot easier. There are benefits, vacation, floating holidays, and sick time. Hours are flexible as long as the work gets done on time.

Cons

It's hard to move upwards requiring a lot of work and time. Even then they low ball you, giving you the bare minimum of pay with stupid excuses as to why. The equipment is older than most of the people that work there requiring constant maintenance and a lot of down time. When asking for new it has to be within the budget and even then it's used equipment that barely works.

There isn't incentive to do better if you don't treat your employees with the integrity you say you do. Pay your honest hard workers what they deserve so you don't lose them to inexperience people that don't care if the work gets done right. Your raise scale for your production team is atrocious and you should be ashamed.