Pace

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

OK place to work

ProsNice work environment and colleagues

ConsPersonal growth and creativity not strong points

Stressful

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
    Alsip, IL

Prosi liked the hours I worked

ConsVery unorganized and immature employees especially in management

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being immatutre and stop trying to keep your friends and keep the workers that are dedicated and doing their job

Worst Place to Work!

Technical Support Tier I (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsThey have intervals and early release

Cons-Poor management, the mangers in the center are absolutely useless.
    -For all the probelm you have to go through 11/hr is not enough
    -Combines T1 and T2 agents into one and pay all the T1 agents that were force to be T2 with T1 pay.
    -Forcing rules that makes no sense, and get written up for the slightest mistake
    -Treat every employee there like idiots, they actually have an area created for employees that got a negative review from a random survey, and micro-manage them the whole shift.
    -Job itself was very easy, until they implemented rules that makes your life so much more harder
    -There is just too much for me to say, honestly this is the worst place to work period.
    -They like to talk about career opportunities, but in reality there is none.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your employees and stop pretending like these dumb rules are going to benefit us!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High turnover, drugs, alcohol, and no matter how good you are, no raises.

Technical Support Representative T1 (Former Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat experience in technical support/customer service. Some of the supervisors are worth it but mostly just regular agents that qualified to apply as supervisors because they took the least amount of sick time.

I can't complain about the experience I got though. When you do a job that should pay $15 and you only get $11 you become pleasantly surprised at how qualified you are in the real market.

ConsVery poor call center management and do not expect to make enough to live on here. Leads and sups are a joke and you can consider them the same level as regular agents because that's all they are. There is no opportunity for accessible lateral movement though to become a supervisor all you have to do is watch your attendance.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire real managers. Develop a pay scale to pay better agents more and not the stupid incentive program (that doesn't count when applying for a home loan). WFO needs to accept they do not hold any sort of qualification that lets them act the way they do; I worked there hoping to move up as I had a degree and was a top performer but, after two years, a Pace conversion, and topping all the stack ranking, I never got a pay increase. I quickly walked out in the middle of a shift as I realized, after research, that only 2 people above me actually could match my qualifications. I easily got a job for $15/hr two days later to tide me over till I got my Apria job. Within a year I was bringing in double what I made at pace.

Easy job

ProsReally easy job once you figure out how to use all the tools. Paid training for 5 weeks, first 3 weeks were sitting in classroom doing nothing.

ConsHours are horrible and very irregular for a lot of the employees. Training was 3 weeks in class 2 answering calls and it was nowhere near enough. 3 weeks in class training was actually useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore control over the hours, I know turn over is really high and a lot of employees that get assigned hours that never get to work those hours but those hours are not offered to the current employees.

eh

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

Prosat least its a job

Conseverything else is very bad

Advice to Senior Managementplz stop

Phone job that sucks

Phone Tech Level I (Former Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsGave you paid training, not everything you needed

ConsNobody but the managers like working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more of the temp help!

"Tech support" position that has condescending and insolent management

Technical Support Tier I (Former Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsWilling to work with your school schedule.

ConsLousy and useless software programs, very little relevant training for the position, belligerent and condescending management people. The training that they offer is a joke; virtually all PowerPoint presentations. Is useless when you have impudent hicks calling in with stupid questions. Many "tech support personnel" look like they just left a Star Trek convention. Need I say more?

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your management personnel and training "bay" staff some manners.

Good contract job for entry-level graduates, but

Integration Engineer (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsFriendly atmosphere. Capable and open management. Very minority friendly. Workers of all backgrounds. Free restocked soda/water and coffee!

ConsSeemed that most of employees were slightly overworked and underpaid for their titles and responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompliments can only go so far. If you like your contractors, then hire them full-time.

Weak Middle Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsSome interesting software solutions that are good for the market

ConsVery political, too much middle management, no emphasis on innovation, poor communication within the company. CEO is not visionary

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Pace America leader

Worked for Pace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pace reviews and ratings. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Pace employees.