Pacer Global Logistics

Add Photos

Mike Uremovich

Company without clear direction

Logistics/Customer Service (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsThe people are friendly and interesting. They will assist you with questions. Good benefits package.

ConsIt is not clear where the organization is going and job security was always in question.

Tough environment. Lead by fear

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsIt is a job in a not very good economy. Even the pay was not that good.

ConsThreatning environment, pay is lower than average and long hours. Manager would micromanage you which should not be the case for business professional. I worked there as FA for more than 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more engaging and upfront with your employees. Treat all associates in a nice way and don't micromanage.

If you do not like a call center environment, this is not for you.

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsHonestly, aside from the decent pay based on the state of the economy, I cannot think of any best reason to work for Pacer. The only reason would be that I am employed and it is a job.

ConsExpected to work long hours - the mgt. does not have families, so they do not understand the concept of having a life outside of work. You can never get a straight answer to a problem. No one wants to give an answer as it is a point the finger and blame environment. NOBODY takes accountability for anything. The employees are not empowered to do anything but take phone calls from contract drivers and core carriers. They have on going equipment issues from capacity to equipment durability. This is a everyday problem. I have been in logistics a long time and have never seen anything like this. We are not allowed to have any contact with the customer what so ever, all customer contact has to go through our Dublin, OH call center. We strictly handle driver calls. Our drivers are mistreated and I cannot believe they are still driving for us. We run them all over town looking for mty equipment. They continuously have tire blowouts, flats, recap separation do to poorly maintained equipment. Pacer is afraid to educate it's customers, for they fear they will loose them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and empower them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked at Pacer as an intern and had a great experience.

Sales Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment, everyone is very friendly and helpful
    Managers have a lot of trust in their employees, and therefore give them a lot of responsibility
    Overall, everyone seems happy to come to work
    I was never given a menial task. Everything that I did seemed to have an impact
    Great compensation

ConsVery hard industry for newcomers: seems sometimes like an "old boys" club when it comes to making connections with carriers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was overall wonderful. I think that the only improvement would be to increase the pressure to make sales on a daily basis

Worked for Pacer Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!