Pacer Global Logistics Reviews

1 Rating

1. Company without clear direction

Former Employee - Logistics/Customer Service in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics/Customer Service in Dublin, OH

I worked at Pacer Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are friendly and interesting. They will assist you with questions. Good benefits package.

Cons

It is not clear where the organization is going and job security was always in question.

2. Tough environment. Lead by fear

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Dublin, OH

I worked at Pacer Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a job in a not very good economy. Even the pay was not that good.

Cons

Threatning environment, pay is lower than average and long hours. Manager would micromanage you which should not be the case for business professional. I worked there as FA for more than 3 years.

Advice to Management

Be more engaging and upfront with your employees. Treat all associates in a nice way and don't micromanage.

3. If you do not like a call center environment, this is not for you.

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pacer Global Logistics

Pros

Honestly, aside from the decent pay based on the state of the economy, I cannot think of any best reason to work for Pacer. The only reason would be that I am employed and it is a job.

Cons

Expected to work long hours - the mgt. does not have families, so they do not understand the concept of having a life outside of work. You can never get a straight answer to a problem. No one wants to give an answer as it is a point the finger and blame environment. NOBODY takes accountability for anything. The employees are not empowered to do anything but take phone calls from contract drivers and core carriers. They have on going equipment issues from capacity to equipment durability. This is a everyday problem. I have been in logistics a long time and have never seen anything like this. We are not allowed to have any contact with the customer what so ever, all customer contact has to go through our Dublin, OH call center. We strictly handle driver calls. Our drivers are mistreated and I cannot believe they are still driving for us. We run them all over town looking for mty equipment. They continuously have tire blowouts, flats, recap separation do to poorly maintained equipment. Pacer is afraid to educate it's customers, for they fear they will loose them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and empower them.

5. I worked at Pacer as an intern and had a great experience.

Former Employee - Sales Intern
    Former Employee - Sales Intern

I worked at Pacer Global Logistics

Pros

Great work environment, everyone is very friendly and helpful Managers have a lot of trust in their employees, and therefore give them a lot of responsibility Overall, everyone seems happy to come to work I was never given a menial task. Everything that I did seemed to have an impact Great compensation

Cons

Very hard industry for newcomers: seems sometimes like an "old boys" club when it comes to making connections with carriers.

Advice to Management

Management was overall wonderful. I think that the only improvement would be to increase the pressure to make sales on a daily basis

RSS Feed </> Embed