Pacific Alliance Medical Center

Updated February 28, 2014
Updated February 28, 2014

2.2

CEO

The people you don't see make this a wonderful place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Teamwork is amazing at PAMC. I love the fact that if I don't know the answer a co-worker will help me. It is a solid organization that has good benefits.

Cons

Upper Mangement is reluctant to change. They need to be more involved with the employees...go deep in the trenches. Many employees feel that they are not recognized due to a "perceived" ethnic preferential treatment.

In an age where everyone is glued to a screen and tied to their desk you need to get Involved with your employees. Don't send an email. Speak to us in person!

I am great at what I do because of the training I got. Sad to leave but felt that working conditions are too dangerous.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Food serve at cafeteria and patient food are superb.hospital is small but equipped with latest technology. They do computerized charting. They have Free health benefits for full-time employee. Great staff.

Cons

Staffing is very bad. 90% of the time is always under staff. Manager aware but ignores the situation. Short staff and still expects you to clock out on time.you are almost always have 1 or 2 extra patient, you are spread so thin that you almost have no time to check your patients again. Safety and quality of care is a major concern. There's been a lot of near misses in the maternity department, some cases that didn't turn out well.

I commend your hospital for always trying to keep abreast with latest in health technology. Please try to value your employees more. Some of your managers particularly in OB demean your employees by yelling at them especially in front of patients. That is just very unprofessional. Can you please take a look at high turnover rate in that department? You have a very nice L&D unit but safety and quality of care is quite poor.I do love the food that is served, one of the best. Kudos to the dietary department.

Worked for Pacific Alliance Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!