Pacific Alliance Medical Center Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.1
CEO

The people you don't see make this a wonderful place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Teamwork is amazing at PAMC. I love the fact that if I don't know the answer a co-worker will help me. It is a solid organization that has good benefits.

Cons

Upper Mangement is reluctant to change. They need to be more involved with the employees...go deep in the trenches. Many employees feel that they are not recognized due to a "perceived" ethnic preferential treatment.

Advice to Management

In an age where everyone is glued to a screen and tied to their desk you need to get Involved with your employees. Don't send an email. Speak to us in person!

2. The place is so-so

I worked at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice to work with and the hours can be okay

Cons

There is a lack of diversity that often has a direct result of some prejudice but I am sure they mean no harm by it. They don't know how to treat their employees in a manner that garners loyalty.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees better and not make clear distinctions about night shift not being important simply because its nights, everyone makes effort to do their best despite the shift they work

I am great at what I do because of the training I got. Sad to leave but felt that working conditions are too dangerous.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Food serve at cafeteria and patient food are superb.hospital is small but equipped with latest technology. They do computerized charting. They have Free health benefits for full-time employee. Great staff.

Cons

Staffing is very bad. 90% of the time is always under staff. Manager aware but ignores the situation. Short staff and still expects you to clock out on time.you are almost always have 1 or 2 extra patient, you are spread so thin that you almost have no time to check your patients again. Safety and quality of care is a major concern. There's been a lot of near misses in the maternity department, some cases that didn't turn out well.

Advice to Management

I commend your hospital for always trying to keep abreast with latest in health technology. Please try to value your employees more. Some of your managers particularly in OB demean your employees by yelling at them especially in front of patients. That is just very unprofessional. Can you please take a look at high turnover rate in that department? You have a very nice L&D unit but safety and quality of care is quite poor.I do love the food that is served, one of the best. Kudos to the dietary department.

RSS Feed </> Embed