Pacific Capital Resource Group Reviews

Kurt Jonson

1. Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Intern in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Intern in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Pacific Capital Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong autonomy, Hard and smart work leads to great pay, full benefits, good training, culture and community built around making everyone successful

Cons

This job is not for everyone. If you want a job where you know very clear what you need to do for the day, and don't want much responsibility then this is not the job for you. It takes a lot of personal initiative and sacrifice (both time and money) to get started.

2. Build your career here

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative

I have been working at Pacific Capital Resource Group full-time

Pros

Pacific Capital is a great place to make and build a financial advising practice. It's a wonderful opportunity for people just getting into the business or coming from another company. The excellent training provided shortens the long and extensive learning curve that is in the industry. There are lots of great people that work for the company and it is a very productive/competitive atmosphere.

Cons

Financial Advising isn't for everyone. Creating a successful practice takes hard work and dedication, but if you keep your head down, you will never regret it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work making Pacific Capital a great place to work and a desirable place to have a career.

3. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Pacific Capital Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Pacific Capital for less than 6 months but it has been great so far. Multiple training sessions every day and truly a place where others want you to succeed.

Cons

This is an extremely difficult industry to stay in because of the strenuous workload and personal independence related to the job but if you have personal responsibility and love meeting and talking to new people every day then this is the industry for you.

Advice to Management

Keep with the team building activities and the all firm meetings. It is great to get together with all the advisors and management yearly.

5. Employee at Pacific Capital Resource Group

Current Employee - Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Pros

Great group of people to work with and learn from. The interview process and training program is well managed, executed and provides each person coming in with an organized path to success. It's a learning experience and there are always people there to help along the way. There is a lot to learn in the beginning, but when you come out the information and work that you have put in will reward you and those that you have personally helped.

Cons

When you can't help someone or they don't understand the potential they can reach with the resources we can provide.

Advice to Management

If you're not willing to learn, seek, or ask for help or guidance, then you will fail.

6. Employee at Pacific Capital Resource Group

I have been working at Pacific Capital Resource Group full-time

Pros

Pacific Capital's training program is extremely in depth, and fully prepares it's employees on all the different dimensions within the financial service industry before allowing them to speak with prospective clients. Also, the team of planning specialists are intelligent, knowledgeable, respectful, and are always available for questions and advise. Lastly, Pacific Capital pushes you to perfect your professionalism, and pushes you to reach your full potential as a financial advisor.

Cons

The financial services industry is a tough industry to start out in. And, even with top-tier training and great resources available, this job is not for everyone. The financial services industry is fast-paced, and can be very stressful at times if you don't know how to manage your stress.

Advice to Management

Keep continuing the same high level with regards to the interview process, training process, and overall incorporation of a fast-paced, professional, and friendly culture.

7. Financial Advisor

Pros

Flexibility, and high upside potential. Being with an independent firm allows you to be more highly compensated than working for a big name brand. Also, the team works very well together, and the company delivers a HIGH level of planning to all clients.

Cons

None, in the advising realm, this is as good as it gets.

8. THE perfect firm to jump start your Advising career!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Lake Oswego, OR

Pros

No one who has taken a position as a financial advisor will deny this is a tough industry to get started in, no matter where they worked, or how many people they knew going in. There is no one but you to be held accountable for your failure or success in this business. However at PCRG there is a team of advisors who work independently of each other, but together at the same time. The work we do here is always collaborative, every advisor has their own book of business as well as their own area of expertise, and the clients always benefit from that specialization. We provide a service that is similar to many firms around the industry, but also different because the way we construct our plans is by choosing what is truly the best possible option for the client, not what is easiest or profitable. Furthermore, if you are looking for the firm that gives you the best possible chance of succeeding, by showering you in experienced advisor insight, one-on-one time, group training, case study, product knowledge and overall the most robust training program available. I challenge you to find a company that will invest more time, money and energy into you and your career than Pacific Capital will.

Cons

As I said before, this is a very rough industry to get started in. You will the confidence to ask those you are closest to if the are willing to recommend people they know to meet with you, which does not come naturally to most. You will need to truly believe in what you are selling in order to succeed and be happy in this position. And most importantly, be able to pickup the phone and call an acquaintance, take their no for an answer, and then call the next person who needs your help without worrying about the last call.

Advice to Management

Passing the series 7 and 66 is possibly the most intense part of the intern process, perhaps developing the outline for study program to keep the interns on schedule to pass their exams could increase the number of successful hires.

9. A Good Place to Learn

Pros

The interview process was very thorough, having about seven meetings. There were also on-line assessments which asked a variety of questions designed to determine whether this career would be a good fit. The company seems to take the time and trouble to hire the right people.

Cons

Needs more gender, age, and experience diversity.

10. Amazing place to work!!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pacific Capital Resource Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been in the Financial Industry for over 20 years and joined Pacific Capital Resource Group almost 9 years ago. When I joined the firm I had been in the industry for 12 years and because of my experience I was in a position where I could have picked any firm in our industry to join. Why Pacific Capital Resource Group? Easy, they allow me to do what I love which is support new and existing clients and help them put together a comprehensive financial plan that will help them accomplish their goals. Every client has different needs and because we are independent financial Advisors we are able to find solutions that are best suited for their needs. When you are in business for yourself it can be hard to stay focused and motivated to take your practice to the next level. The company has done an amazing job creating a culture where everyone in the firm shares ideas and educates those around them on new concepts and ideas which is rare in our business. A lot of us at the firm have the philosophy PLAY HARD WORK HARD. We love what we do so the work, although hard at times seems easy. I have been blessed to be put in a position to help my clients protect their families for what could happen and plan for those things we want to happen. We impact not only the clients that are sitting in front of us today but future generations, what other career can you have that kind of impact. I am amazed every day at the level of expertise that I am surrounded by; we have some the best Advisors in the industry.

Cons

This career is not for everyone but for the people that are willing to work hard and have faith they are with a company that can help them be successful they will be blessed to find a career for life. It takes time to build a successful business and rarely someone can do it by themselves. Pacific Capital gives you the support and guidance to build a successful practice. If you are just looking for a job and not a career this isn’t the company for you.

Advice to Management

Our firm expects the best and strongly encourages their new Advisors to continue their education in the industry through professional designations. This level of education allows us to have some of the best Advisors in the industry. I love the culture and the annual events that are planned throughout the year as well, keep it up!

11. Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Great training program that teaches and enables you to build a strong and sustainable business. You are surrounded by peers and management that want to help you succeed and are willing to utilize their time to help you attain your goals.

Cons

As is true for all new financial advisers in the business, it takes time, patience, and dedication to build up your business.

RSS Feed </> Embed