Pacific Clinics

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Susan Mandel PHD

The management style lacks creativity and has no understand about how to improve the morale of its employees.

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company offers free trainings to the employees that count toward licensure

ConsThe agency is heavily dependent upon its primary contract with DMH and as such they lack the flexiblity to make bold decisons and changes that may improve their relationships with clients they serve.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to line staff more. Too much middle management. Get input from everyone and have more transparency

LPT review

Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee)
Yucca Valley, CA

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time for less than a year

ProsWork with a great team

ConsBilling hours. 90 hours a month, all across the board. Therapist, lpt\lvn, case manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess billing requirements for staff with less populous areas of service

13 years great experience then job changed , they are only concerned about revenue

Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time for more than 10 years

Prosflexable hours, adequate salary, sometimes good management

Conspoor management, lack of training

Advice to Senior Managementteach management about micromanagement

Pacific Clinics

Benefits/Leave Administrator (Former Employee)
Arcadia, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time for more than a year

ProsCommunity based mental health assistance. Also does professional training. For those who want to work at an organization that makes a difference in people's lives, this is a good fit.

ConsNon-profit so pay is lower than for profit organizations. At the mercy of various funding sources that constantly change. Employees spend too much time doing billing functions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain supervisors better.

Management doesn't get it.

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time

Prosbroad spectrum of clients. challenging cases. most line staff committed to helping clients.

ConsPoor leadership--as a result, high turnover. low pay. Focus on bottom line instead of client/patients as evidenced on performance review. Morale is low at sites and is not being addressed. Management out of touch with work being done & problems. If you want to feel like a widget...work here. Very bureaucratic, desperate need for an reorg if management ever gets with it. No organization chart -means disorganization.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse 360 feedback & revise performance review. Current management style is outdated and not utilizing current, progressive management trends. Diversify funding resources so that agency is not overly dependent on one resource and line staff are less overworked. Reorganize to cut the fat of middle management to save money on bureaucratic structure.

I am so proud to be a part of this agency!

Job Developer (Current Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits, great people to work with, this agency takes good care of their employees

ConsI do not have any cons aside from the drive I take to work

Horrible, misleading managment

TBS Coach (Former Employee)
Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are great and I trully enjoy the vision as a whole!

ConsMy managers and program director are sneaky, rude and Insensitive. I have been harassed and have been one of four employees who have resigned (in the past 3 months) due to stress and an unfair and uncomfortable work environment. I wish we could be like some other amazing PC sites. Ours unfortunately is horrible and I hate coming to work every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a new program director, or get some serious help for the managment!

Be cautious about working here.

Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time for less than a year

ProsMany free trainings, good colleagues and clients. May be ok for an MFT Intern and if the program director is supportive.

ConsDo not value employees, little support for therapists, great emphasis on quantity over quality, low concern for client care, low pay, mentality that employees are easily replaceable. High turn over, high productivity demands, very difficult to meet expectations within the workday, frequent firings, especially of case managers. Please note, some programs are better than others and satisfaction seems to relate to the program director's ability to support staff and shield them from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize self care and treat employees with respect. Understand the long term costs of decisions. Stop asking low level staff for money. Communicate unpleasant news (e.g. increased productivity requirement) in more appropriate manners and offer incentives.

Excellent training, concern for clients, high expectations on staff

Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee)
Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time for more than a year

ProsTraining is provided and encouraged constantly, supervisors are supportive, good medical and fringe benefits, like educational leave, bereavement, vacation and sick time.

ConsAs a county contracted agency there is ALWAYS the threat of the county taking away the contract and billables become the priority over clients and especially staff well being. Many positions have high turnover and burn out rates because of this, expectations placed on staff are unrealistic and lead to disgruntled employees who leave the first chance they get.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a better relationship with the county and more empathy for the work horses (clinical staff) of the company. the work is hard enough as it is, management ruling with an iron fist is not helpful, there is somewhat of a hazing environment (I went through this therefore you have to go through this too)

Pacific Clinics Provides Excellent Mental Health Care

Receptionist (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics part-time for less than a year

ProsProvides excellent therapy, psychiatric care, living skills training for the mentally ill after patient intake.

ConsPatient intake is not immediate; it takes a while before a patient is diagnosed; no immediate services for the mentally ill.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if you were able to provide immediate care to those in dire need.

Worked for Pacific Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Clinics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Clinics CEO Susan Mandel PHD. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Clinics employees.