Pacific Council on International Policy

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
CEO

1. Great people, steadily growing organization.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Pacific Council on International Policy as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- People are very passionate about what they do, and make an effort to be collaborative within all departments. - The Council is making an effort to diversify and strengthen their strategic mission.

Cons

- Just moved in to a bigger office, which is not quite full yet. It can be pretty quiet depending on where you're working. - CEO is never in the office.

2. Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacific Council on International Policy

Pros

There are only a few foreign policy think-tanks in California, and the Pacific Council is one of the best; they have connections to all the movers and shakers in Los Angeles. It's a small organization, and people wear many hats -- you'll get to take on a broader range of responsibilities than you would elsewhere.

Cons

Hiring is often very disorganized as people come and go. I was lucky in that I had internal contacts who helped me follow up on the position after the person who had been my point of contact abruptly left the Council.

Advice to Management

Use your limited resources to their fullest, and support tailored, high-impact scholarship that will get the Council noticed periodically in DC.

RSS Feed </> Embed