Pacific Drilling

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Christian Beckett

Working at Pacific has been a great experience in many ways and also great challenges.

Senior Material Coordinator (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Drilling

ProsI would recommend Pacific Drilling to anyone who wants to work for a great company and be treated equally. Pacific pays really well and has great drilling rigs. Pacific has some of the best management in the oil field, who take care of the people who work for them.

ConsSince there a small company that pays a lot more than your average, the benefits aren't that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice I have to management is keep up the good work, always keep employees first and
Listen to what the rigs have to say. Pacific has really good rig managers, and that makes a huge difference on a rig. When the management respects every employee, and appreciates there effort a rig will be successful.

Negative experience working for Pacific Drilling

Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Drilling full-time

ProsFlex Hours, comp and benefits, cultural diversity,

ConsVery poor leadership. Corporate leadership does not treat employee's equally almost to the point of discrimination; High percentage of corporate employee's are not qualified to work for company and are grossly overpaid. High turnover rate at Pacific Drilling due to poor management, poor recruitment and no sense of family and work life balance.

Great company with great people

Mechanic (Current Employee)
Lagos (Nigeria)

I have been working at Pacific Drilling full-time

ProsPacific is a great company with top notch rig based employees that are very supportive of each other and good at their jobs.

ConsAs their main field of operation is West Africa, travel in and out of the country is not the most pleasant experience!

Advice to Senior ManagementNice work. Pacific appears to be a well run small company ever improving. My advice to management is to keep it this way as your fleet increases.

Worked for Pacific Drilling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Drilling reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Drilling CEO Christian Beckett. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Drilling employees.