Pacific Gas and Electric

www.pge.com

Pacific Gas and Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Pacific Gas and Electric Chairman, President & CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr.

Anthony F. Earley Jr.

Pros
  • Good work-life balance although it's depends on a group you work in(in 38 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, support for volunteering(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • It's hard to get your job done if you're constantly trying to prove your worth to upper management(in 22 reviews)

• Middle management presents a significant barrier to changing corporate culture(in 10 reviews)

This company does care about their employees.

Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) Eureka, CA

ProsPay, benefits, holiday time, all are well above par. Also, they love lateral movement and promoting from within.

ConsIf there is an issue in a department of one of their locations, their response time leaves much to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just talk about gender equality, really shatter that glass ceiling at every level and in every department.

Great place to work as an engineer or field service technician.

IT Professional (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe operational groups (Electric, Gas, Energy supply) are exceptional areas of the company with dedicated employees capable of world class achievements.

ConsThe General Office support groups (Human Resources, Information Technology, etc.) face challenges in their current structures and capability to effectively support the operational lines of business. IT in particular is experiencing high management and employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture of GO does not align to the stated core values of the company. This is in distinct contrast to the operational units that make up the utility.

Loved working here

Instructional Designer (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsIn my role, there was lots of flexibility, autonomy, as well as challenging projects. I was able to be completely a self-starter and had a great manager with a forward-thinking management style.

ConsThe offices and business are very spread out and therefore there is some travel involved, which I did not consider too much of a 'con,' but it is worth mentioning.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, flexibility, opportunities, culture, management

ConsNone .. .. .. ..

Procurement Dept. review

Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you play the politics right it's a good secure job.

ConsDept. was not really open to change from a contractor. They had a couple of low level people calling the shots of how things were to be done and their thought process was wrong. Dept. mgmt did not really want to change.

Working as a senior business analyst provides multiple opportunities for challenging work

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsBenefits, People, atmosphere, location, quality

ConsLimited advancement opportunities and no training

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are too many people making too much money and are not doing enough work

materials handlers

Proswork and life is awesome
    great coworkers
    stable
    good pays and benefit

Consjob bidding
    old equipment
    union dues suck

Great people, opportunities within the company

Proswork-life balance, great benefit, training, dedicated people, industry leader

Consheavily regulated, slow to make decision

Family oriented company

Supervisor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAutonomy of work, salary, work life balance

ConsLarge company highly regulated by Government but is not really a bad thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and empower your people

Ok

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

Prosvery good health coverage and pension

Conslow growth and slow promotion

Advice to Senior Managementgive good promotions

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!