Pacific Medical Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harvey Smith

Great Experience

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsI loved working here for a short time during my externship. I was able to float around and get all the experience I needed as a medical assistant. I moved from general surgery to ob/gyn to urology. All the doctors and staff were friendly and encouraging!

ConsShould be a bit more organized in what to find for me to do. Even though I floated around there were a lot of times when they were not sure what they wanted me to do or if they could let me do certain things since I was only an "extern"

I would never reccomend this clinic.

ProsMy patients. I love my patients, associates are freindly.

ConsThe value that Pac Med attaches to us as employees is a complete lie and utter waste of breath and pen. The turnover rate of this clinic in virtualy every department is the highest I've ever seen. Corporate crap everywhere and leaving RN's to blindly venture with very little to no training and then expected to preform like a queen 150 % of the time.

The management style of this place is very disorganized at best and leaves one talking to themselves most of the time. My supervisor left 5 months after I was hired, that person had no backbone. My current supervisor (who is leaving currently) has no backbone. They are all puppets to upper mgmt and the Pt suffers in the end. The clinical practice managers of the locations are a waste of money as they point fingers and throw anyone under a bus to save face. This bureacratic based orginization really REALLY needs to open its eyes to the reality of employee support and realize that its employees are not happy. Poor pay for specialties, poor benifits, poor management. And the 29 days off? Really? Thats not true and it's false advertisement. Why can't you just be honest here? We are forced to take off all majot holidays without pay and those are counted in our "29" days off.

Beware, employees leave Pac Med by the buckets. And no, I am not, and have never been involved in any diciplinary action here. I'm just an employee who has seen MUCH better treatment elsewear.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. TAKE A GOOD LOOK!!! It's dog eat dog. Sick of it.

My experience with PacMed was very good, everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThe environment was good to work in and benefits were good. I would recommend and willing to work for this company again.

ConsThe cons of the company if any which I believe I had a very good experience with the company is the fact that we went to uniforms. Time-off was given when needed. I really have no cons about this company at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was great just a couple of them I had run into was not as friendly as I believe a Manager should be. Overall a great team of Management.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is focused on quality and being good stewards for the community.

ProsLovely committed employee base. Nice work life balance, Treat patients well.

ConsSmall which makes high impact more difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency

Poor leadership = poor long-range success

Seattle, WA

ProsSome of the people are really great.

ConsLeadership is inconsistent, disingenuous, and destructive.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange leadership - all of the exec team. Take a closer look at the financials and you'll understand just how much impropriety is occurring. Asking providers, middle management, and support staff to take pay reductions while the exec team has record increases in both pay and bonus is quite simply put - ridiculously self-serving. The fact that they can't last another 2 years in business on their own due to poor leadership and management says enough about the organization's exec team.

Scared of Unknown

Seattle, WA

ProsNot the best place to work nor the worst. If you like stability and routine, PacMed will be the place for you. Serving our nation's veterans.

ConsTheir are too many unqualified supervisors and managers. They lack the training and education to hold such leadership positions. Granted, it's great to have an opportunity to go up the ladder from a medical assistant, but you better have the tools to lead. Unfortunately, there are too many bad apples and it stunts quality improvement and employee development. In the end, people just become lifers because management doesn't know how to solve the problems at hand.

Another problem, PacMed doesn't like to layoff people. Yes, it's great that we want to keep people employed but at what cost? If people don't want to go back for their associates, bachelor, or learn new skills, why keep them? We talk about how competitive the market it, so we need to have the best to be the best.

Not enough Epic support. We call, place a ticket, and wait forever for our issues to be resolved. Optimization is never going to happen. Probably need to hire several experienced analysts. The current ones are probably just surviving with the call volume and tickets.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to higher higher caliber candidates for management. This may include hiring external people. Communicate to your staff. Lots of people are leaving but leadership hasn't said anything. The worst thing is to stay silent then to speak the truth. Pay a competitive wage to the local market. We talk about we have high turn over rates, why don't we just pay a $1 or 2/hour more to the MAs than letting them walk next door to our competitors?

Lean management! Stop the bleeding and let's get our hands dirty. We need to clean up house with clinical workflows, standardization, and charges.

Mixed bag

Seattle, WA

ProsThe organization has great potential. Some areas function better and are nicer to work in.

ConsThe specific area I worked in didn't have a good leader in place. They should have been functioning as a working supervisor but, weren't. Their technical skills were less than expected for that role.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the team members when they report to you that there are problems on the team with the supervisor. Take action as they are helpless against poor leadership.

Positive Corporate Mission, Disorganized and Bureaucratic

Accounting Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsCharity care is the focus of the company, coworkers are nice and diversity is accepted and encouraged. The executives are approachable and down to earth.

ConsThe company is bureaucratic, disorganized and leadership has no plan. The doctors are at odds with management. The company is not growing and opportunities are limited. Talented managers and staff are leaving

Advice to Senior ManagementTime for new leadership.

satisfied

Seattle, WA

Prosgrowth and supportive in education

Conscurrent lay off in other departments

Advice to Senior Management0

PacMed - a company with a good heart

Prosstrong community outreach
    great networking opportunities
    genuine people

Consa foundation would be nice to support the mission
    customer service on the phones and scheduling issues

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent CEO - Harvey Smith

Worked for Pacific Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Medical Center CEO Harvey Smith . All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Medical Center employees.