Pacific Office Automation

Doug Pitassi

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Thay take care of their employees and actually care if they suceed in this job and in life. The benefits are great, the pay is great, and the employees are great. The time that is spent on training with individuals as well as an entire company is as good as it gets.

Cons

It can be long hours but you get out of it what you put into it. Other than that there is not much to complain about.

Great payoff for a career start and benefits for all employees

Current Employee - Branch Administrative Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Administrative Manager

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a current 6 year employee for Pacific Office Automation I have first hand experience the opportunity for growth within, I started as a receptionist and have moved to an Admin Manager position within two years. Pacific Office Automation provides advancement opportunities to their employees that are willing to dedicate themselves to a fast paced environment, and prove they can keep up with our growing market. The culture is for those who have an entrepreneur mind set, love a fast pace, are willing to set goals and achieve them to help towards career advancement. Pacific Office focuses on keeping benefits for employees exceptional as it is a great way to reward their employees.

Cons

Time and hours committed can be long however, if you are willing to put in the time you will be rewarded with your efforts, whether that be something you take with you for a future career or the benefit of helping your company become and maintain successful.

Get What You Put In

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at Pacific Office Automation is always having the opportunity to make more money. We put in long hours and work harder than other companies in the industry which allows us to grow year after year. The hard work truly does payoff and it is nice to see a bigger check than the last one as you get better and better. Other than the money, the culture at POA is a great one to be a part of. From top to bottom, employees at POA are on the same page on how to be successful and help is always available if you are struggling. Multiple sales trips and basic sales training is very beneficial and it allows you to become close with salespeople throughout the company. With so many resources, as long as you put in the work, it is tough not to have a successful career at Pacific Office Automation.

Cons

This job requires a 2-3 year commitment. If you don't plan on staying long, this job is not for you. You will work long hours and be expected to commit a lot of time, but if you buy in, the payoff is huge.

Pacific Office Automation - Employee Review

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at Pacific Office for almost 6 years now and have had a great experience. I was part of the Foster School of Business Sales Program at UW and it was a natural transition. This job has provided significant freedom and financial stability that I never expected to happen, in such a short period of time. It constantly challenges me to continue to improve my performance and provides a competitive team-focused environment. I have built a lot of strong- long lasting relationships with my co-workers and have really enjoyed my time here. Very focused on development of team and skill development of younger sales reps. The entire company embodies the attitude to payback the company by developing others as you were developed. Our office in Seattle has really taken this to heart.

Cons

It is a Career opportunity and success does not necessarily happen over night, but with hard work, determination and stick-to-itiveness you can succeed beyond all of your expectations. It does take an investment of time, but as does all professional careers.

Work Hard and Be Rewarded

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The harder you work, the more rewards will come. You are in control. If you don't want to work hard, then don't work here. If you want to be rewarded for your hard work then work here.

I see a large amount of reviews talking about being pressured to drink. I personally don't drink at all and that's all I had to say to not be pressured into drinking on company outings and trips.

Cons

There are only cons for those who do not work hard.

Growth Company with Great Reward and tools to provide for your family.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Pacific Office Automation for a very long time and have had a ton of growth opportunity. I am able to provide for my family and not be dependent on someone else in my families income. I have the flexibility to go to appointments during the day if needed for family/ personal and as long as I hit my budget and our team hits our budget and grow my territory I will continue to be successful. Our company values hard work but we really do want you to feel like you are a part of a team because we do work long hours. We have local and branch support all around us with direct communications between sales and service. This company is driven by Sales & Service and we are compensated with an over the top 401K donation as the end of the year if we meet our annual goals. We also have many branches throughout the company so I really don't see anything that would hold anyone back from growing within our company.

Cons

The hours can be long especially if you are a new sales rep, however anyone looking at any B2B Sales jobs should really look at your first two years as an internship.

Continue to keep recruiting and developing those that are willing to treat this job/ co-workers as their own business and family.

Work Hard, Hold yourself accountable, grow some thick skin and you will do great.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great opportunity to grow and make money, become a leader. As long as you can work hard and keep your head down and not give up, this could work for you. Must be resilient. This job is not for everyone, but I love it. Great culture if you buy in.

Cons

Long hours, but the harder you work, the better results you see.

Keep growing culture, but work on hiring better people that will be able to make it longer in the business.

Good people, hard work, good pay

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation is very good for sales positions. Training is consistent and persistent. Good place to learn and get started. Culture is relaxed; focus on party life. Benefits are outstanding. Hiring process is thorough.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are expected for salaried people. Makes it difficult to maintain a work-life balance. If you are well organized you can make it work for you.

Face paced, long hours, and loyal only to successful sales

Former Employee - Document Management Consultant in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Document Management Consultant in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, competitive environment, bonus and commission Potential, starting pay from a draw. Great company for a competitive young man in his twenties. The CEO in Beaverton is an amazing inspiration to the entire company. Very approachable leader.

Cons

good ol' boy environment- get on or get out, promote heavy binge drinking,loyal to long term employees before successful ones, unwritten local branch rules not evenly enforced on all employees, limited accommodations made for medical leave in sales department, lack of experienced management outside of Portland and surrounding areas, independent dealer, will ride you as hard as possible to make sure the draw is well earned, most accounts will need to be earned, existing accounts will be run by management or other reps outside of territory, expect a final paycheck of less than $5 regardless of current financial standing.

Be upfront about the work-life balance in the interview process. Few family oriented employees can work 60 hours a week. The sales manager focused on threatening to fire employees rather than offer guidance when having difficult issues to deal with. Hostile environments create resentment and negativity that becomes apparent to customers. The "POA" culture in Beaverton needs to be better translated in surrounding branches. The NM and Beaverton branch environments are two completely different worlds.

No room for growth if in an Administrative role. Sales reps can treat anyone however they want, without consequences.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Personal medical, dental, and vision is paid by the company and insurance for your family is affordable. 401K match. Some really good people do work there.

Cons

Sales reps and managers can treat you any way they want. There really isn't an HR department so when you have a moral conflict with something you have no one to go to. Shady deals are considered "creative." The company boasts of year over year profits but you can't get a raise.

Appreciate the people who work for you-all of them, not just the sales department. Write all your deals with integrity and hire more people. Profits are made every year but we're overworked and constantly stressed.

Pacific Office Automation Photos

Home office in Beaverton, Oregon.

+ Add Photo