Pacific Pulmonary Services
www.ppsc.com Novato, CA

Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Jane Thomas

Pros:
  • "Decent salary; many good people in field locations"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The corporate office appreciates and incorporates feedback from employees at every level of the company"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Unless you are a robot who really doesn't believe in customer service"
    in 3 reviews
  • "It's a growing company so they have a few of the typical growing pains, but nothing major"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Frustrating and disappointing losing ground everyday

ProsLarge company with promise but are reactive instead of proactive

ConsCommunication issues - management cannot get out of their own way

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with healthcare experience

PPS

ProsGood place to learn many.

ConsSame reason due to workload.

Overworked and underpaid

Resipratory Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsDay work mon-friday with holidays and weekends of, gas card and ez pass for tolls and fuel, company vehicle, work with people I like.

ConsEverything else. Overworked, Underpaid, Short Staffed, Large Territory, High Return Rate, Poor Planning, High Overturn Rate, Not enough setups to returns, Unattainable expectations, not enough equipment to fill certain orders at some times, company will not provide employees with the tools needed to perform at an acceptable speed, no 401k match, high cost of benifits, no reimbursment for CEUs or paid days off to keep up with current classes in the respiratory field

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Solid Company Striving to Be Better

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsI was pleasantly surprised when joining PPS. There are a lot of negative reviews floating out there and I find my experience a bit different.

Sure the company has it's flaws, as all do. More importantly it seems that now is a major transition time for Pacific Pulmonary. They seem to be pushing in all the right areas to be a truly high quality DME.

This may be my excessive optimism, but I am happy I chose PPS.

ConsStill many PCC's in the field doing things the 'old' way.

Advice to Senior ManagementPPS stick to the route you have laid out for yourself.

Weed out any bad apples and cultivate a compassionate patient first culture.

PPS is a great company to grow if you are a self starter with exceptional management capabilities

Novato, CA

ProsFlexible work times, Opportunity to grow

ConsWork for extended hours, less compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on increasing the sales, cut the cost, increase the debt collections,

It's very demanding but if you like working with the public it could be a great place to work!

Technician (Current Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsGood customers you're left by yourself without someone looking over your shoulder and its ok pay

ConsYou have to be on call 24/7 every other week and it does take away from your family time! And sleep

Advice to Senior ManagementDo as you're told and try not to rock the boat. My manager is GREAT however!!

One Speeding Ticket And You Cant Be A Driver

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
    Rockford, IL

ProsNever worked for them. I applied and was turned down despite excellent qualifications. If youve had a citation within 3 yrs... dont waste your time.

ConsStrict hiring requirement of a perfect driving record is necessary. Too bad. Everybody is guilty of speeding. Many tickets are a sign of an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new insurance company

Always evolving

Licensing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Novato, CA

ProsThe company continues to grow and thrive, even in this tough regulatory market.
    Frequent communication from Senior Leadership Team helps to align efforts across the company

ConsReduced reimbursement from Medicare has led to many locations being overworked/understaffed (i.e. the "do more with less mindset")

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent and transparent with communication - it is the only way we can function in this tough regulatory market.

Terrible Culture

Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIt's an opportunity to impact people's quality of life by providing respiratory equipment.

ConsThe company culture is often not pleasant to work within, there is no true sense of teamwork, and the management doesn't seem to know how to be professional and coach up. They simply over react and are accustomed to coaching out it seems.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps learn from companies who value and measure employee satisfaction to enrich company culture and make a work environment that everyone can benefit from.

Agressive sales atmosphere, either you make it or you dont.

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsMy district was supportive, a great sales manager as far as sales training goes. If you are hitting your numbers there is a lot of freedom. Currently there is a commission plan in place allowing heavy hitters and those that work hard to make very good money.

ConsA lot of focus on numbers, goals for individuals and district do not coincide making it difficult for districts to hit goal, therefore making for very stressed out management. Poor upper management, a lot of hiring from outside the company, executives not understanding how things work on the sales level.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to/respect your sales people and your techs. Without them you'll have no success and poor Patient care.

Worked for Pacific Pulmonary Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Pulmonary Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Pulmonary Services CEO Jane Thomas. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Pulmonary Services employees.