Pacific Pulmonary Services

www.ppsc.com

Pacific Pulmonary Services Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Jane Thomas

Pros
  • Decent salary; many good people in field locations(in 5 reviews)

• The corporate office appreciates and incorporates feedback from employees at every level of the company(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unless you are a robot who really doesn't believe in customer service(in 3 reviews)

• It's a growing company so they have a few of the typical growing pains, but nothing major(in 3 reviews)

Was a great place to work, before all the good Leadership Team jumped ship.

Medical Billing Auditor (Former Employee) Bakersfield, CA

ProsMove up quickly as long as management likes you.

ConsYour ideas and concerns aren't taken seriously. They will ask you to do things that are unethical.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, try to understand where they're coming from.

Going out of business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsBad industry and need to expand services and products

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to a big company or add new products.

Horrible

Technician (Current Employee)

ProsWhat pros? There are no pros to working here.

ConsHorrible management, no work life balance. Management allowed to run amuck.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Four Words: myopic, draconian, provincial and impoverished

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Novato, CA

ProsNice location for Corporate HQ in Novato. Nice office space in HQ.

ConsThe four words I would use to describe Pacific Pulmonary’s culture are: myopic, draconian, provincial and impoverished. I estimate line and mid-management staff are paid 20-25% below the general labor market. Teams are stretched so thin that salaried people work 10-12 hours a day and rarely take vacations. Director level and above staff, however, appear to work eight hours a day. There is tremendous hypocrisy between what management requires of staff and how they themselves perform. IT infrastructure is outdated and help desk support is non-existent. There is no orientation program, no on boarding program and no one has any bandwidth to even take on those functions and roles informally. Everything is trial and error and hunt and peck learning. Management takes a command and control style approach to managing because they have nothing positive to offer staff to incentivize and motivate them, so they resort to more negative approaches to keep people at their desks and working. Friends and acquaintances that applied to and interviewed for positions there are not communicated with appropriately in the process. As one friend of mine said who interviewed there, “I was not impressed.” Also worth mentioning, there’s a revolving door (not a surprise), low morale (understatement) and the fact that people don’t really talk to each other at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into 21st Century management practices. Open your eyes, ears, minds and hearts. If the business can't be saved then close it down with some compassion. If it is to be saved it is because you stopped treating your staff like assembly line workers in the 19th century and started treating them like the creative talented contributors so many of them are.

Has been company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHonestly not much...working with and helping people in need is enjoyable if you like that type of work.

ConsHard industry now with regulations and slash in reimbursement rates, terrible leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and get some innovative, progressive leadership or this company is sunk. Might actually be too late. Sorry, honest truth.

PPS was a good place to work but has many industry challenges

Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people, the benefits, and you get to help people. If you do your job, you are okay and may even be recognized. It was always a very fair company to me. They seem to get alot of bad reviews but there were alot of layoffs in the past 2 years so that may be a contributing factor.

ConsCommission became harder to make with all the new Medicare laws. It is definately not the best place in the world to work, but you could do alot worse. It's not that I do not recommend the company, I don't recommend the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the field and if you say things are going to happen or change, make them happen faster.

Positive

Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) Novato, CA

ProsGreat area to work in, Novato CA. The weather is great weather

ConsCompany culture is constantly adapting, makes it a fast past environment that requires a faster learning curve.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

not good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood health care benefits here

Consno management it was a free for all

Advice to Senior Managementrestructure

Once growing company, past its prime with no leadership or inspiration for employees

IT Staff (Former Employee) Novato, CA

ProsCaring, devoted and fun loving people. Good benefits package, pay and incentive. Flexible and compassionate when there are family needs or a personal crisis.

ConsManagers, directors and VP's are highly skilled and competent folks when it comes to their areas of expertise, but they have absolutely no leadership or people skills. Unreasonable and untimely requests are made that will interfere with your personal life and you will need to change your plans, even if you have previously made commitments and paid for them. If you don't you will be given the cold shoulder. Communication through out the company is poor and so is HIPAA compliance. They have meetings where they tell you things are turning around and then they have another round of lay offs. The company has also been under investigation by the FBI for over 2 years and no one will say why or when it will end.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more workers and less chiefs. Require that all managers and above either have a background in transformational leadership or start providing training for this. Telling people to get it done with less or else is not the way to get optimal performance from your employees.

Medical Device Sales

PCC (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAutonomy to get job done...

ConsLack of stability in management, too much change

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp management team and provide solid foundation for employees to build upon

Worked for Pacific Pulmonary Services? Contribute to the Community!