Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers

Phil Lee

Great Customer service

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work Tuesday threw Saturday 9-6

Cons

Commission and a good place to work

N/A

It is a decent company to work for

I have been working at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers part-time

Pros

You have a job that pays

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunity

Retail conundrum

Current Employee - Home Theater Sales in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Home Theater Sales in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For retail it has good hours. Good benefits.

Cons

Poor prospects for advancement or salary increases. Business model is over-focused on appliance department. Minimal product selection in non appliance departments sends customers elsewhere more often than not. Comapny is driving home theater to destruction.

Employee feedback is irrelevant. Management selection algorithym is flawed. Owned by Best Buy so home theater has been kicked under the rug.

Not a bad place to work but no money for part time employees

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers are great and my boss is a great guy. I have an appliance background so the transition from my old job to this one was easy.

Cons

For part time employees the pay is not competitive. You get a fixed hourly rate but no commission. You are held to a monthly sales goal so you have the stress of a commission job without the benefits of the pay. You are only allowed 20 hours a week for part time and they are very strict about working more hours. The scheduling is not good - I was told when I was hired I would get a mix of day shifts and evening shifts but all I get are night shifts. The longer tenured employees get the day shifts. The order entry system is the worst I have ever used. Customers comment all the time on how primitive the system is (they are still using CRT Amber colored monitors like from the 80s). Even basic task can 5 or 6 different data entries (like trying to find out if an order has been delivered).

Be more upfront about the scheduling - don't promise new employees they'll get day shifts if all the senior people are getting them. Also be clear about the process for moving up to full time.

My Experience at Pacific Sales has been Terrible.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, CA

I have been working at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about working for Pacific sales kitchen and bath is the hours of operation. I work a fixed schedule, Tuesday - Saturday from 9:30am - 6pm

Cons

The downsides are plentiful. The company operating system is completely outdated, their buying strategies aren't competitive. Order times are long. They create a commission like sales environment without paying the employees commission.

Okay

I worked at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great co workers

Cons

I dont like working on Holidays

This was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist in Brea, CA

I worked at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are many pros to working for Pacific Sales. The sales team is like family. There are many growth opportunities if you are willing to put in the hard work. I was fortunate enough to work in a free standing location and nothing beats the hours of 10-6 Tue.-Sat. for any retail job. If I could still be working there I would

Cons

The delivery team and inventory issues can make providing excellent customer service and doing your job to the fullest challenging at times.

Good Place to work

Current Employee - General Warehouse Worker in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - General Warehouse Worker in Chino, CA

Pros

a relaxed environment built on teamwork. Great work/life balance and recognition from co-workers and upper management as well. Competitive compensation plan including raising and starting pay. Also decent benefits for full time employees. Overall a good place to work

Cons

Hard to get promoted within the company not much room for growth. Management at times inexperienced in the operations of the business.

Look to qualified employees within the company to fulfill new openings

Good Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Cerritos, CA

Pros

Easy Work.
    Alot of Down Time
    Great Schedule

Cons

1900's Computer System
    No raises
     Not Many Opportunities to grow within the company

Newer Technology would Probably Prevent Our Systems From Freezing and Customers Getting Upset Because They Have To wait to Get their Receipt..

Not a bad place to work all things considered

Former Employee - Appliance Sales in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Appliance Sales in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Centers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The working hours for a retail store were great. You have every Sunday and Monday off and no evenings. Small group of employees and everybody is working when the store is open. No shifts. That's good because you don't have to do somebody else's work for them.

Cons

It's a retail business so you are working when most everybody else is off. Holidays have you in the store a lot. Bonus structure is a little different. Bonus is distributed evenly according to overall sales so everybody gets the same pay. Unrealistic expectations in a bad market.

No advice.