Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission

Updated Mar 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Employer!

Fisheries Tech (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Managers, great HR, a well run organization that takes care of its employees. My post was a temporary one but I felt no less of a valuable employee than a full-timer. I check the job postings often, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

ConsI found no drawbacks to working for this company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and save the fisheries! Get more grants so you can create another position for me, I want to come back to PSMFC!

Worked on site at NOAA in Seattle,WA

Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsDuring my time with Pac States I enjoyed the person who was my supervisor and knew that if I needed anything I could call and get a response to my request very quickly.

ConsMost of the time you are working for an organization through PSMFC. Because of that your position is seen as separate from the organization and that can be a little hard to deal with.

Wonderful company with wonderful people

Database Software Developer (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, great people, great free coffee. Worked on a small team and was able to get immediate feedback on the product we created.

ConsIt's a government job so it entails a little red-tape but nothing excessive. I have to fill this section with filler content because there really weren't any bad parts about working @ PSMFC. They do a fairly extensive and somewhat invasive FBI background check so make sure you have your house in order, but aside from that, I have NOTHING bad to say about them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing - I'd work for them again in a heartbeat.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed it

Field Technician (Former Employee) Los Alamitos, CA

ProsThey offer good benefits, you get reimbursed for mileage, always got paid on time, resolved any issues or questions I had in a timely manner. You can go from contract to contract as long as you perform well. They are advancement opportunities. I thoroughly enjoyed working with PSMFC.

ConsThe hourly rate is low to make a living in CA, but their are advancement opportunities. I got offered a $2/hr pay increase right before my current contract was ending.

Worked for Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission? Contribute to the Community!