Pacific Steel & Recycling

Pacific Steel & Recycling Reviews

4.0

Ray Wahlert
1 Rating

Pacific is the best at what we do and we are employee owned so we take care of our own

Current Employee - Steel Warehouse Worker in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Steel Warehouse Worker in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Pacific Steel & Recycling full-time (more than an year)

Pros

100% employee owned, good pay, great benefits, payed time off, awesome coworkers, and a real family environment

Cons

Long hours but its made up for in overtime

Keep doing what you're doing

Great benefits, great opportunity for the right person, poor leadership.

I have been working at Pacific Steel & Recycling

Pros

When it comes to benefits, they do very well, especially with their Employee Stock Ownership Plan, which is a retirement plan that is extremely good, especially since all of it is contributed by the company. They pay better than average for the same position in most cases. Also, as long as you are willing to not make waves and just do things their way, you can achieve a lot here. There is great opportunity for people with a real drive for operations.

Cons

The top management are all about operational excellence with little regard for people. There is also a "good old boys club" mentality. Either you're related to somebody or you're willing to schmooze. Keep your ideas to yourself because they don't want to hear them.

Read up on leadership books and be humble enough to realize that diversity of ideas leads to true greatness. Also, try treating your employee-owners like real owners and see what happens. You might be surprised.