Pacific Sunwear

Pacific Sunwear Reviews in San Antonio, TX

2.6

Pacific Sunwear President, CEO, and Director Gary H. Schoenfeld
Gary H. Schoenfeld

Pros
  • The laid back selling culture was also a great aspect to this company (in 47 reviews)

• I made great friends with my employees, I get 50% items as part of employee discount (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Another downfall is that they LOVE to outsource talent when looking for upper management candidates (in 44 reviews)

• There is very little "work-life balance" (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I was a store manager for four years in two high volume stores. 2006-2008 were great, 2008-2010 horrible.

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Pacific Sunwear

Pros

The company offers great benefits. The dress code is fun and casual. Interacting with the customers is rewarding when you have any time to do so. The bonus program used to be great, now your lucky to get an annual raise due to the salary freeze.

Cons

Where do I start? Payroll has been cut by about 75% of what it used to be. Workload has increased by about 200%. You cannot spend time at all with your staff or the customers. Processing shipment, setting windows, floorsets every other week, e-mails constantly comming in all prevent you from creating what was a great place to work. Everyone that was a vetern manager with Pac Sun is now gone. I watched every RM,DM, and many, many great SM's get let go. They are replaced with managers with little experience that 3-5 years ago would have been offered a sales lead or assistant manager position. There is no longer work/life balance at all. You as the store manager end up doing all the taks after hours just to try to keep up.

Check out all of the job search websites. You will see that in every market Pac Sun is looking for SM's and DM"s. What does that tell you? They are still chopping heads and the ones who take the positions do not last past 3 months.