Pacific Western Bank

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Matthew P. Wagner

A good starting place within commercial banking.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Pros- The management staff is very supportive and create a good environment for employees.
    - Decent benefits, including covering commuting costs such as metro/parking.
    - A low pressure atmosphere; in saying this, you are obviously expected to get your work done and be a good employee, but management isn't going to be constantly micromanaging.

Cons- There isn't always a clear pathway for promotion and the process for promotion can take much longer than it should. The company should take a much better look at their younger employees before interviewing outsiders for positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall Pacific Western Bank (CapitalSource) has been a great place to work. I would recommend evaluating the younger talent within the company before looking at outside candidates for open positions.

Hard to get up and go to work in the Phoenix Office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPay is good and benefits are awesome.

ConsI enjoy what I do, but the atmosphere in the Phoenix office is uncaring as long as they meet their goals. Other employees walk by you in the hall and don't even say Hi, even your own supervisor! You dont get a morning break and sometimes lunch isn't until 2pm - but your supervisor may leave around noon or so to have lunch. What leadership message is that sending?

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you aquire another company, send an "undercover boss" to that location to make sure the company is working ethically with ALL employees. Lots of favortism/discrimination in the this office. When upper management comes from CA, out come the polite and caring side of Phoenix management for that day. Hopefully this gets better soon.

The job was great, the people were great.

Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI had the tools that I needed and the support.

ConsNot enough in-house employees to help with the tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A short time and a great experience over all.

Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsEveryone was great to work with.

ConsI don't have anything to say bad about working for the company.

Overall worked nicely for the part-time position I had

(Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBankers hours where nice to have

ConsI didn't find potential to move into a new position

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more potential to employees looking to learn more and move up

not a good company to work at

Prospressue is lower than the main stream banks

Constoo many mergers happened in the past 10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more managemnet training to all level mangers

Worked for Pacific Western Bank? Contribute to the Community!