Pacifica Hotel Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dale J Marquis

Cheap Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbout the only perk is the that the properties are nice and you can use them at a discounted rate sometimes--in the slow seasons. There are few perks with this company. They run very lean.

ConsThis is a hotel management group, so the corporate office staff doesn't even know the majority of their own employees. They have no real regard for their bread and butter employees such as housekeeping, front desk clerks and assistant managers. The corporate officers in Santa Barbara are close knit, but are back biting toward the managers of each of their properties.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some morals and compassion. It is very clear that you have no value for your employees.

Great Place To Work If Work- Life Balance Is Low On Your List!

Corporate Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsWork with some great people that really love what they do. You are able to travel and visit properties and really see what beautiful California has to offer. The training team and programs are awesome, as well the rest of the staff- very friendly and always willing to help! Great salary compensation for most corporate employees. You will have the freedom to suggest new projects and try new things. You will have many social events together to bond and have fun with your team. Volunteerism is highly valued there, which is something to be admired.

ConsWork life balance is essentially non-existent in some departments. Be prepared to be micro-managed, and sometimes watched while working. Projects are sometimes held up with red tape and waiting on a lengthy approval process from management. You will be questioned taking time off for any type of appointment, and they are strict on what working hours are- do not vary from those times set. Benefits are lacking, and deductibles are very high. I didn't feel that the company was invested in me as an individual, so I resigned.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your new employees, make them feel welcome form the start. Be flexible and understand that work life balance is always a companies problem, employees need to feel that they have freedom- sitting 9 hours plus per day doesn't make many happy, and it's not good for them either. Small tweaks will make this business be a top place to work in Orange County!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great!

Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsWork in the most beautiful place in the country.

ConsNot much, no more then any other hospitality carrier

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a good job and improving the company so we all have a place to be proud of.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buyout

Front Desk/Guest Service (Former Employee) Manhattan Beach, CA

ProsNothing really.. only got to keep job at buyout.

ConsPacifica bought the hotel, came in and basically let everyone go, offer most a rehire, with very limited health benefits. The "new" program did not cover any family members, only the employee.

Never even given a shot to succeed.

Executive Committee Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsUnique hotels in great markets and coastal locations.

ConsCompany is stuck in the dark ages as it pertains to technology & procedures. Not invested in their people. Few SOP's, disorganized, horrible training/orientation for new associates. Quick to dismiss employees instead of helping them become their best. High turnover. Just a mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people instead of cycling them through. You get out of people what you put into them. Improve your benefits - extremely lacking, especially for hourly associates. Get a Central Reservations office and an I.T. Helpdesk.

Work here if you're happy with never growing in a corporation.

Front Desk (Current Employee) Pacifica, CA

ProsTo meet new people from all around the world. Friendly front desk staff and lovely housekeeping staff.

ConsThe downsides include poor management, a lousy restaurant, and mediocre maintenance.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should pay attention to the needs of their employees. They should take the steps necessary to making the hotel a viable location for everyone.

Worked for Pacifica Hotel Company? Contribute to the Community!