Packers Sanitation Services

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

sanitation

Los Angeles, CA

Prosgood working experience and skill usage

Conspaid is not always good for what you put in to this company

If you enjoy working every single day of the week third shift this is the company for you.

Site Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOnly pro was the salary but then again when you factor in working 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day, 80 hours a week you're only clearing about 16 a hour.

ConsEveryone is just a number and expendable. Plant managers will run you ragged and treat you like dirt. The companies hiring practices are very shady and you will see this if you work for them. For the longest time any manager above site was part of the Iowa good old boy system (That seems to have changed though with Kaiser / PSSI merger. With the merger though Kaiser pushed a lot of PSSI management out even the upper management but that seems to have all settled by now.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to give your managers at least one day off a week so they don't burn out on the demanding schedule.

Know what you're getting yourself into.

Site Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsSalary is okay depending on your plant. Your employees are hard workers, even though they don't understand you. Training is good. My management, AM, is great. He makes my life and time seem like it matters. You're your own boss, and I love that.

ConsHere's the reality, most if not all of your work force are possibly illegal immigrants. Not all, but you know it's not perfect for all of them. The office staff are great, but they blame you when they can't find paperwork and they're over loaded as it is. Upper mgmt loves money, not you. They take days off, work regular shifts and then scolled you for not answering them during the day. While you're asleep. Everyone around you will likely know or only know Spanish, so get used to it. Everything is your fault, get over it. It's not an easy job but as the SM you work how you choose to.

Advice to Senior ManagementA company with priorities my a. Priority being money, you bet. Give your employees bonuses for safety, no bombarded them w the failures of others. There's lots to be done. I just hope you listen once in a while.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long hours for a great salary, if you're willing to hire illegal aliens to do the work.

Nashville, TN

ProsHigh salaries for minimal effort.
    Great bonuses if you will put in the time.
    Relaxed Management, they don't stress with little problems.

ConsExtremely long hours, 12-14 hour days, 6/7 days a week.
    No balance of family/work time.
    Labor force is mostly illegal aliens with fake identification.
    Working 3rd shift.
    Upper management will call at all hours of the day, night, holidays when you are supposed to be off.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire regional managers that have knowledge of the business or recruit from within, also don't force site managers to rehire the same labor employees repetively with new identification.

Worked for Packers Sanitation Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Packers Sanitation Services reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Packers Sanitation Services employees.