Packsize

Updated November 12, 2014
Updated November 12, 2014
4.4

Hanko Kiessner

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Packsize full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's easy to come to work because everyone loves what they do. The executives leave their egos at the door and treat everyone with the utmost respect.

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great company to work for!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Packsize full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to grow with this fast growing company. Had the chance to learn and grow with this company and could have continued to move into higher paying positions but decided to quit and take a different direction with life. Management was great and the CEO was wonderful to get to know and has tons of energy. This is a very green company with the desire to reduce environmental wastes. Has the largest electric/gas fleet in the state of Utah and the product they sale encourages less trees to be cut down for boxes and reduced trucks on the roads hauling products. If you want to see what they do just go to youtube.com and search for packsize.

Cons

Depending on what you do you may not have much time at home as you travel a lot. With many fast growing companies there is always more and more work added on to your work load and can find yourself working more hours than originally started out. It wasn't out of the normal for me to work through lunches and brakes to make sure I had all my work done.

Fast, fast, fast

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Packsize full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Rapid growth (approaching Fortune 500 level sales)
    - Christmas AND Christmas Eve off (both paid), Thanksgiving AND Black Friday off (both paid) each year
    - Constantly celebrating achievements (individual, team, and company)
    - Very smart, friend, and accessible executive team

Cons

- About 25% of jobs require more than 80% travel (although, those jobs are HIGHLY compensated)
    - 401(k) and health plan just ok
    - PTO just ok (2 weeks PTO, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 10 (TEN!!!) years, 3 "flex days" a year.)

More vacation would be grrrrrrr-EAT! But seriously, keep doing what you're doing!

Area Manager

I worked at Packsize

Pros

Great Business Idea, company Car

Cons

Cruel Management, fired all the founders to reduce payroll

Remember who got you there

Fast-paced, challenging, but very rewarding

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Packsize full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are self-motivated and can handle high-stress situations, it is amazing work. You can't help but feel like a star when you are able to troubleshoot a problem over the phone and save thousands of dollars in production man-hours. Or when a machine goes down in Texas and you're in New York doing preventive maintenance, and you are the only person who can fix it because the rest of the team is tied up... It's thrilling, awesome for a single person who wants to see the world.

Cons

Due to the travel, it is virtually impossible to be around for your family. Work load can be quite difficult to balance, but I believe that was more tied to my undeveloped organizational skills than the job itself.

You are some of the best managers for whom I have ever worked. Thank you for teaching me some things that will help me for the rest of my life. Despite taking me from my family so often, which was always out of necessity, thank you for taking care of them and showing them kind, caring gestures when feasible. Keep doing what you're doing and take the industries by storm.