Pactera

Pactera Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Pactera CEO Tiak Koon Loh

Tiak Koon Loh

Pros
  • A lot of opportunities to grow by asking questions and proactively involving yourself with tasks(in 4 reviews)

• Ability to hire (but not retain) good people(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • no training, low salary, bad work environment(in 2 reviews)

• Also a lot of internal politics, lay off employees jsut like that saying sales team is not good and we dont have enough projects to put in(in 2 reviews)

Good and emerging company with growing chances to young people

ProsCombined over-scaled and clear core value

ConsLess focusing on employee individual development

Low pay, staff is indifferent to employee concerns

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThe company Christmas party was a hoot. They went so far as to rent the Experience Music Project, which is a really cool venue.

ConsThis is generally considered one of the bottom feeding agencies working the Microsoft contracts. The company that this was merged from (Vanceinfo) was accused of unethical conduct, and rumor has it that they could be facing new accusations as well. The pay is also much lower than other contracting agencies.

Senior Dev

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsFriendly coworker relationship. Good opportunities to participant in the company wise projects and provide the consulting to customers. Reasonable rewards bonus. Willing to pay extra cost to support the team growing. Care about the individual request and requirement.

ConsSalary growing is slow and Hr seldom talks to you about your satisfaction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Advanced, growing; Technically a Spearheading company

Service Engineer; Consultant CE (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsIndependence, fast paced business response

ConsGrowing admin issues with website and English translations.

Advice to Senior Managementstick to basics

Great place to learn the Chinese business culture!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany provides transportation to/from work at Beijing.

ConsAssignments were provided sporadically. When there were assignments, they were in such high volumes that I would work nights and weekends.

Not a good place for career growth

Software Development Engineer In Test (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Proscouldn't think of any pros worth mentioning

ConsI don't think they have any process for career growth of employees, you will end up with same designation/title till you are in the company. I think this is mainly because there is no performance review process in the company.
    If you think you deserve a salary hike then you have to fight for it with the HR and Account managers and management.
    Immigration team is the worst and careless.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccount Managers should be trained to have better interaction with employees placed at client locations. Please introduce a performance review process just like any other company in the IT WORLD.

Operation Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosrelaxing working environment, excellent location

ConsAverage pay, not much to say

this is a nice company to work for, I do like the people management in this company

Build Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsI have a very good time to work in this company, have a lot of fun activities.

Consnot really. if I have to say, I would suggest to have a more clearly,specific career yearly review program to define an employee's value.

Pleasant contracting experience

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsLow overhead, while on contract at another company they essentially leave you do your duties and don't try to intervene.
    Competitive Pay, I was offered a much higher pay rate as a contractor with Pactera than a couple other companies that were also recommended to me

ConsThey were in between moving building on the Microsoft campus when I started, so navigating and finding the correct people while getting started proved difficult
    They are currently finishing a merger of companies, and while they seem to have handled it well, there also seems to be some confusion and empty holes in the patchwork of the company, which I'm sure they'll fix with time

Advice to Senior ManagementFinish out the merger smoothly, and continue to give vendors competitive wages in order to take more of the market.

Integrity of the senior managements, process, workflow, HR, sales, onsite and offshore teams.

IT Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHeterogeneous of senior managers was dominated by Singaporean. process, workflow, HR, sales, onsite and offshore teams were created as issue goes.

ConsVery politicise corporate environment was dominated by Singaporean. process, workflow, HR, sales, onsite and offshore teams was not properly defined.

Advice to Senior ManagementTear down red tapes and towards better transparency to everyone.

Worked for Pactera? Contribute to the Community!