Padilla Speer Beardsley Reviews

3.9
Lynn Casey

1. Growth and Opportunity live here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Padilla Speer Beardsley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I feel we have supportive management and a leadership team that is actively looking to create a strong future for our brand. The acquisition of fall 2013 has been better than anticipated. This is a place where smart and motivated people can create their own path and go far.

Cons

Lower pay compared to other agencies (especially established integrated firms). If the company wants to be seen as an integrated player, it needs to hire more skilled people and pay loyal employees more to help move the company forward toward that goal.

Advice to Management

We have a history of hiring "flashy" VPs that come and go without really ever giving back. They rarely deliver on their promise. Find a way to create loyalty among senior people or we'll be left with the same managers we've had for 20 years. We need new blood that stays.

2. Still a solid company, but values are changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Padilla Speer Beardsley full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great facility, 100% Employee-owned company, great benefits, flexible work hours, high-deductible health plan premiums are 100% paid for by the company

Cons

Long hours, always expected to be reachable via cellphone/email

Advice to Management

Don't lose the work/life balance that brought you success thus far, particularly through the growth via acquisition.

3. Padilla is a welcoming, fun and innovative place to work.

I have been working at Padilla Speer Beardsley

Pros

Encouraging and supportive work environment, lots of fun company-wide events, learning and teaching is constant (lots of webinars, seminars, guest lecturers), great location, PSB is capable to take on any project

Cons

can sometimes get stuck in a position for longer than you deserve. in an entry level position, media calls can sometimes dominate your work load

Advice to Management

continue the great work! excellent communication to the whole company. wonderful culture at PSB!

5. Good employer

I have been working at Padilla Speer Beardsley

Pros

We do good work for our clients

Cons

Internal communication is sometimes lacking

Advice to Management

be more transparent to employees

6. PSB is a good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Padilla Speer Beardsley

Pros

Good experience, fair pay, great benefits, and it's a highly respected firm both in the Twin Cities metro area and, albeit to a lesser extent, nationally. Also, it is an employee-owned company, which is rare in this field. Being an ESOP company has several benefits for employees.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter or need a lot of hand-holding, Padilla Speer Beardsley might not be a good place for you to work.

Advice to Management

Senior management does a good job of running the company, but could be more transparent with employees

RSS Feed </> Embed