PageGroup Reviews

Reset
3.8
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham

Pros
  • From my first day at Michael Page I felt like every member of management genuinely wanted me to succeed (in 27 reviews)

• People - The work hard/play hard mentality is very true - the people here are driven and competitive but always outgoing, social and helpful (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (minimum 11hr days), so work life balance is poor (in 23 reviews)

• Long hours - although this is essential to perform well in the role (in 50 reviews)

1. Featured Review

great organisation, great training & great people

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After reading previous reviews, I thought it fair to tell the other side of the page story. The basic is better than the majority of recruitment firms. Guess what, if you make money you get money, if you don't, recruitment isn't for you. That's not a bad thing.. It isn't for everyone. Guess what else, if you don't bill your manager may look into stats to see where we are going wrong. If KPI's scare you recruitment isn't for you. I have been with the company for 2 years in the UK and have been supported throughout my time there. I have been promoted twice probably because I like KPI's and as a result I make money... Recruitment must be for me. I've had a couple of months where I haven't hit target, but at no point did I feel insecure. If you want a job there are many firms to choose from. If you want a career you come to Page. However... It's a business so you have to make money... Like all businesses that stay in business.

Cons

If you are starting a new market eg in the US or new sector, it's hard work. However the opportunities are bigger and more frequent. with growth comes opportunity. You are essentially your own business with corporate backing. There is a lot of pressure when you run your own business. Better your manager telling you how it is then your bank manager telling you that you are bankrupt.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing but manage expectations when hiring staff. If they aren't aware they will be KPI'd as an essential part of their succession plan they may get confused as the previous reviews have. If the don't like hitting KPI's and don't get a 360 degree recruitment process including bringing in the "no hopers" for meetings this type of work isn't right for them. All sales environments have a high turnover of staff, this is normal, if everybody could do it we wouldn't be paid so well:)

2. Great opportunity for a long-term career!

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at PageGroup

Pros

From day 1, Michael Page offered a great opportunity to learn and develop in a global organization. There is intense training, an opportunity for advancement and rewards based off of hard work. There are a lot of incentives to push employees and when we work hard, we play hard as well. I've been with the company for about a year and I can see a long term career here at Michael Page

Cons

It is a very challenging environment, which is not meant for everyone. You have to be willing to work hard put in extra effort in order to succeed. I enjoy coming to work every day with the pressure to do well and feel constantly challenged.

3. Fun company

Current Employee - Consultant in La Canada, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in La Canada, CA

I have been working at PageGroup

Pros

Seeing the comments below I wanted to add the opinion of a current employee. Michael Page is like any other sales orientated business - rewards come with success. Each region / office is different so I can only speak to my own experience but I have seen a lot of positive change in the 2.5 years that I have worked here. I have been promoted twice and have attended annual and quarterly vacations for top-performers. Having met colleagues from other offices, I can agree that Michael Page employs fantastic people and generally speaking has a great atmosphere. I absolutely believe that career prospects at Michael Page are strong, as long as you can deliver (which is no different to any other business). However, the expectations are high and it can be tough! If you are up for the challenge it can be a very rewarding career.

Cons

The hours can be long and I don't personally like a KPI culture. However, it is a proven way of measuring performance and increased success so I understand why it is there. In terms of the hours, developing a network of candidates / clients is essential and sometimes that means staying late. However, I will happily do it if it means I'm going to get a fee!

Advice to Management

There have been significant improvements since I have been here...That being said, any business that is not constantly trying to improve will fall behind. Michael Page has an excellent general training program but can still improve on 'industry specific' guidance. I think we could minimize the turnover with some more support for new starters.

5. Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For anyone who cares about building and cultivating a career, MP is a great place to do so. With the help of strong leadership, one can easily make a name for themselves and be a key contributor.

Cons

The recruitment industry as a whole is tough. There's a lot of competition, it's the most unique sales job in the world and the only one where your "product" can decide not to go to a particular "owner". Similar to a quarterback forgetting about throwing an interception, a recruiter needs to move on from rough times and push forward too. For anyone who is not resilient, this is not the place to be.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in current/experienced talent the same as you do new talent.

6. Great Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides a great opportunity to grow your career - whether it be straight billing or a management career path you have all the opportunity and resources you need to succeed.

Cons

It is not a easy job - you need to be self motivated and push yourself especially through the first year - if you are able to do so you will do great - if not then it is not the right company for you.

Advice to Management

Management is great! Very helpful and provides in depth feedback - keep pushing us as this is what we want to ensure our success!

7. excellent company to work for

I have been working at PageGroup

Pros

growth opportunities. respectful management team, rewarding environment

Cons

there are no cons for michael page

Top company!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun office Great autonomy given The best sales/recruiting training the industry has to offer Very clear career development, achievable goals Work hard play hard mentality, work smart Very sociable, good fun team environment

Cons

If you work hard you will be successful. There is a definite need to expand the office due to a rapidly growing workload.

Advice to Management

Hire more people as the Chicago industry is crazy busy.

9. Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at PageGroup full-time

Pros

Very good culture, great opportunity to grow, rewarding

Cons

It is a great place to work

10. Industry Leader

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Stamford, CT

I have been working at PageGroup (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits Great Base Salary for the Industry Vacation Days

Cons

Long Days Dress Code Driving and Travel

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing

Director

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup

Pros

Collaborative work environment World class training Meritocratic approach Career advancement Rewards trips and lucrative incentives Excellent benefits Great Brand name

Cons

Not a culture for those who want to coast, to build a career will take dedication and commitment, but anything worth doing is worth doing right

Advice to Management

Continue to set the bar high

RSS Feed </> Embed