Palace Entertainment

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
3.6

Fernando Eiroa

It was a very fun place to work, as a Sales Manager, hours were very flexible and there was no micro management involved

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Palace Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Time off and personal time was never an issue as a salary worker, micro management was not there. Planning activities for clients were fairly easy

Cons

Bonuses were never granted neither was commission honoured when sales goals were excedded

Keep your word regarding bonuses and commission on sales

Great potential for success, but lacks support for FEC division.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Palace Entertainment

Pros

The individual locations are often like a family with team members all working together. The hours are fair, despite working weekends and holidays. The pay is minimum wage for front line employees, but can grow with greater responsibilities.

Cons

The corporate office cares very little for their team beyond the location manager. There is no development plan in place to grow and improve their teams... No real training beyond front line team training. The budgeting process does not involve a local market analysis. Financial investment for growth is not balanced by performance or need, but by proximity to the corporate office.

Sell the FEC division to a company that cares to grow and develop within that market. You clearly have no interest in local entertainment.

Current Employee - Cook in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - Cook in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Palace Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a simple job, you get to meet many people and share hilarious and fun times. Also you can get in for free!!

Cons

Sometimes it will get slow and boring that you are waiting there just for one customer to order and you have nothing else to do cause everything is clean and there is nothing to do.

Palace doesn't care about you, just their bottom line.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Palace Entertainment part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Dutch Wonderland (owned by Palace) where I worked were fantastic.

Cons

This organization (Palace) is extremely top heavy and my way or the highway. They like to talk to hear themselves talk if you know what I mean. I worked at Dutch Wonderland when they were purchased by Palace and it was one of the worst transitions I've ever seen in my life.

My advice to the corporate office of palace would be go to the parks where you are making some of your business choices and see how your decisions are directly affecting people. When Hershey owned Dutch Wonderland people never had anything negative to say and stayed with the company for a long time because it was a fun place to work where you felt they cared about you. Palace is the polar opposite and could not care less about you as an individual.

Interesting place to work

I have been working at Palace Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Swim with the dolphins for free once a year

Cons

Short staffed, under payed, leadership not reliable

You should be aware of who is doing all the work versus who is at your company the longest before you consider a promotion. Hard working employees leave if they are not appreciated.

Excellent First Job

Current Employee - Game Attendant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Game Attendant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Palace Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at the location where I got hired is wonderful. My GM and AGM care a LOT about not just customer service, but they also care a ton about their employees. Time off for school is easy to get, and management also encourages having a life out of the workplace.

Cons

Sadly as there are less and less arcades the budget is being cut, and as of such some needed repairs have to be put off for a while understandably. Also some of the games that are older are fun to play, but without some newer games it can feel a little bit stale for the end consumer.

Try raising the budget for game maintenance and/or bringing in some newer video games and/or redemption games, it will give a newer feel to the customer encouraging them to come back. Also if some employees have arcade game cabinets or upgrades, make it easier to bring them in only if there are no major retrofits needed. Even try investing in a Multicade setup to take less space, but have 20-40 arcade games in the space it takes for just 1 system.

Very exciting work

Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Palace Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, people and environment, great internal opportunities.

Cons

None. Really have nothing negative to say

it is absolutely great to work in this company.

I have been working at Palace Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

very good working environment. very friendly co-workers. everyone I work with is willing to help or assist me. it is fulfilling to work for this company.

Cons

there are no real challenges

Fantastic Company to work for if you want to positively impact peoples lives

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen, NH

I have been working at Palace Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Safety is the number one priority, guest satisfaction is also a main focus. Being given the ability to create positive memories for so many people each season is an added benefit to an already fun, exciting, and rewarding work environment. Encountering new challenges each and every day also adds to the excitement of working for Palace!

Cons

Working long hours, weekends, and holidays, as with any job in the service industry is sometimes difficult.

Keep up the great work, keep the focus on safety, guest experience, and team member service. Remember, without all of these things you cannot continue to be the great company you have created.

Secure company with a talented team of people and stable work environment

I have been working at Palace Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment with culture that encourages trying new things. Opportunity to grow as promotions are normally from within when qualified candidates are available. Interesting and fun industry to work in.

Cons

Many of the jobs with Palace Entertainment require weekend availability as the parks are busiest on weekends and holidays.