Pall Aeropower Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pall Corp - Good & Bad

IT Analyst (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsDecent pay. Good benefits. Great employees. The company has excellent benefits, and its focus on excellence is in all systems, safety, and environmentally conscious. However, work-life balance is not even considered. You are made, not asked, to work what ever hours are necessary to get the job done, no matter what your family obligations. Opportunities for career advancement may come up occasionally, but do not count on it. This is a company that attempts to drive improvements in the distributions supply chain solutions industry, but they can't seem to get it done. That is their weakest link.

ConsNo loyalty to long term employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect to retain them.

It is a job

ProsCompany has good benefits with liberal vacation and personal days.

ConsUpper management could care less about the hourly employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out on the floor and do something.

Best job of my life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey had work processes down to a science.

ConsPay was bad. Old boys' club.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair. Use merit increases, give promotions. Get rid of nepotism.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Port Richey, Florida

Test Engineer (Former Employee)
    New Port Richey, FL

ProsPay is on time every other week. One story building so you don't have to go up/down stairs.

ConsHas good ole boys (dead wood) in mid to upper levels that stay there forever. They don't do their jobs on time, so everyone under them are under high pressure to meet the contract deadlines. Results in mass overtime with no extra pay (exempt), threats from management that you'll get fired, no advancement cause dead wood has clogged system, no real raises, no respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour New Port Richey site is close to the big cities of Tampa & Orlando. The good employees leave.
    This is why you are constantly running employment ads and canvasing all the colleges to hire.

BLAME GAME

Industrial Painter (Current Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsPaid time off, company shutdown Dec 24th - Jan. 1st

ConsBlame game. Lazy people get promoted. Workers are expected to work harder while the lazy groups get to remain lazy. Clique's run the place. Management has no idea of assembly/labor processes. Management only see numbers, no matter how unrealistic they are. Minimum wage for factory work. Morale is horrible. Promotion, never. 1-2% raise if that. I would have to work for 50 years just to make 5 dollars more. Low bonuses for the floor workers while front office maintain theirs plus the 1 hour lunch break everyday. Doing the math of 660,000+ hours a work year (24hours x 365days = 8760 hours/year. 660,000/8760= 75 YEARS! ) That's the amount of work the slave floor puts in. We don't get anything for it. A pizza day? A Potluck? WHO CARES!!? Give us what we deserve. A better life away from Pall.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt takes three shifts to do our jobs. It only takes one shift to do yours. Show some respect and listen to what your "slaves" tell you. We know the work. We make the company money by what we do. You cost the company money. Not to mention those bonuses you get every three months.

Very Abusive Management Style and Ignorance

Planner (Former Employee)
    New Port Richey, FL

ProsThere are no pro's to this company

ConsLay off employees who have worked there over 30 years without notice. Upper management has no clue how to manage and operate a business.

No rewards for employees

Engineer (Former Employee)
    New Port Richey, FL

ProsNew Port Richey is close to some nice beaches. Florida is great in the winter time. Some of the people working there are really nice.

ConsWork environment suffers from constant 'emergency' projects and lack of direction. Employees are not respected and not rewarded. Exceptional effort goes unnoticed and talent is wasted.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoporate level managers need to get answers to why so many employees are leaving. Successful companies recognized and keep their talent.

Micro Management - Brute Force - Way too many meetings!

(Current Employee)
    New Port Richey, FL

ProsThey have a lot of very talented people in this organization, and most of the employees really care about the company, passionately. The benefits are excellent in comparrison to our industry however the pay scale is not where it should be and that seems to fall on deaf ears. They'd rather let an employee of good value, an asset, walk out the door then do what it takes to retain them.

ConsI list my top five, although there are many more:

1. Too many meetings - Micro Managing - constantly do more with less, this is a corprate culture.
    2. Not everyone is treated the same or held accountable or to the same standard.
    3. Brute force to make a point does not get your message accross.
    4. Senior leaders talking negatively about other leaders in the organization to level managers.
    5. Beating down employees, make them work ungodly hours while you walk out the door at 5:30.

Advice to Senior Management1. You hire great managers who are excellent leaders and then you keep them in meetings all day asking what they are doing all day because you won't take the time to trust the very abilities you hired them for.
    2. Accountability should be across the board, not everyone is held to the same set of standards.
    3. Great leaders know how to bring the best out of people, they know how to motivate and have the desire and will to do more but it starts with respect, and treating others they way you would want to be treated and spoken too.
    4.No matter what your personal opinon is of a Senior VP within the ogranization you should never express that or make derogatory comments about that leader to midline managers, its a reflection on you more than it is on the opinion, whether its valid or not.
    5. Walk the talk, good leadership is by example.

Lastly, support the great people you have in this organization, helping someone's career in the organization should be a positive experience not a 'fear of retaliation."

Pall-NPR FL

Commodity Manager (Former Employee)
    New Port Richey, FL

ProsWorking to ensure a quality product is provided to the war-fighter!

ConsSenior Management is terrible! They hire first class staff and then DO NOT allow them to do what they know what to do. MicroManagement is the worst I have seen ever. They take the military attitude of "do what I say when I say it" and raise that 1,000 worse. There are many staff out on a daily occurrance SICK and some out on short term disability. Even with facts on why people are out, Management will not work to fix the issues or even look into them. Communication is one sided, when it is there (top down). There were a number of occassions I voiced concern to the VP and Sr Staff and NEVER had an opportunity to discuss nor were the issues resolved...NO...I am not a complainer/whinner by nature and those areas I tried to address were to improve processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking your teams do not know what needs to be done, stop having hours on hours of meetings and discussions to go no-where. Stop doing Six SIgman and Lean events if you are not going to ensure they hold firm and are in place before moving to the next BIG FIRE!

Only as a last resort and you have nothing else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood hard working people below management

ConsManagement doesn't have a clue about their people

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone in place that cares about the people

Worked for Pall Aeropower Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pall Aeropower Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pall Aeropower Corporation CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Pall Aeropower Corporation employees.