Pall Aeropower Corporation

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014
2.0

Lawrence D. Kingsley

fantastic company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pall Aeropower Corporation

Pros

great people and management Fabolous work environment

Cons

closed my locationbut did offer relocation but not to an area close to where I live

Horrible atmosphere and workplace!

I have been working at Pall Aeropower Corporation

Pros

?? You get vacation time ...eventually...IF they approve it.
    if you are a liar and a BS'r....you will do GREAT here

Cons

Lousy managers
    Hostile work environment
    Managers constantly pointing fingers and blaming employees for their inabilities
    Cliques up the wazoo! - big time "favorites" are played here
    Be ready to work MANDATORY 10 or 11 hour days along with Saturdays and possibly Sundays! And don't say you can't make it because you will be instantly in their crosshairs! Say goodbye to your family!
    Supervisors DO NOT promote anyone. They will fight you every step along the way while promising you that they will in fact put in for it. But never do. (It comes out of THEIR bonus money). The only way to get a raise is to call up Corporate and complain. Not sure if other plants know just how horrendous and vicious this place is.

There is no advice, because they refuse to listen

Pall Corp - Good & Bad

Former Employee - IT Analyst  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay. Good benefits. Great employees. The company has excellent benefits, and its focus on excellence is in all systems, safety, and environmentally conscious. However, work-life balance is not even considered. You are made, not asked, to work what ever hours are necessary to get the job done, no matter what your family obligations. Opportunities for career advancement may come up occasionally, but do not count on it. This is a company that attempts to drive improvements in the distributions supply chain solutions industry, but they can't seem to get it done. That is their weakest link.

Cons

No loyalty to long term employees.

Treat employees with respect to retain them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a job

I have been working at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time

Pros

Company has good benefits with liberal vacation and personal days.

Cons

Upper management could care less about the hourly employee.

Get out on the floor and do something.

Best job of my life.

I worked at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They had work processes down to a science.

Cons

Pay was bad. Old boys' club.

Be fair. Use merit increases, give promotions. Get rid of nepotism.

New Port Richey, Florida

Former Employee - Test Engineer  in  New Port Richey, FL
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in New Port Richey, FL

I worked at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is on time every other week. One story building so you don't have to go up/down stairs.

Cons

Has good ole boys (dead wood) in mid to upper levels that stay there forever. They don't do their jobs on time, so everyone under them are under high pressure to meet the contract deadlines. Results in mass overtime with no extra pay (exempt), threats from management that you'll get fired, no advancement cause dead wood has clogged system, no real raises, no respect.

Your New Port Richey site is close to the big cities of Tampa & Orlando. The good employees leave.
    This is why you are constantly running employment ads and canvasing all the colleges to hire.

BLAME GAME

Current Employee - Industrial Painter  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Industrial Painter in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid time off, company shutdown Dec 24th - Jan. 1st

Cons

Blame game. Lazy people get promoted. Workers are expected to work harder while the lazy groups get to remain lazy. Clique's run the place. Management has no idea of assembly/labor processes. Management only see numbers, no matter how unrealistic they are. Minimum wage for factory work. Morale is horrible. Promotion, never. 1-2% raise if that. I would have to work for 50 years just to make 5 dollars more. Low bonuses for the floor workers while front office maintain theirs plus the 1 hour lunch break everyday. Doing the math of 660,000+ hours a work year (24hours x 365days = 8760 hours/year. 660,000/8760= 75 YEARS! ) That's the amount of work the slave floor puts in. We don't get anything for it. A pizza day? A Potluck? WHO CARES!!? Give us what we deserve. A better life away from Pall.

It takes three shifts to do our jobs. It only takes one shift to do yours. Show some respect and listen to what your "slaves" tell you. We know the work. We make the company money by what we do. You cost the company money. Not to mention those bonuses you get every three months.

Very Abusive Management Style and Ignorance

Former Employee - Planner  in  New Port Richey, FL
    Former Employee - Planner in New Port Richey, FL

I worked at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pro's to this company

Cons

Lay off employees who have worked there over 30 years without notice. Upper management has no clue how to manage and operate a business.

No rewards for employees

Former Employee - Engineer  in  New Port Richey, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in New Port Richey, FL

I worked at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New Port Richey is close to some nice beaches. Florida is great in the winter time. Some of the people working there are really nice.

Cons

Work environment suffers from constant 'emergency' projects and lack of direction. Employees are not respected and not rewarded. Exceptional effort goes unnoticed and talent is wasted.

Coporate level managers need to get answers to why so many employees are leaving. Successful companies recognized and keep their talent.

Micro Management - Brute Force - Way too many meetings!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Pall Aeropower Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have a lot of very talented people in this organization, and most of the employees really care about the company, passionately. The benefits are excellent in comparrison to our industry however the pay scale is not where it should be and that seems to fall on deaf ears. They'd rather let an employee of good value, an asset, walk out the door then do what it takes to retain them.

Cons

I list my top five, although there are many more:

1. Too many meetings - Micro Managing - constantly do more with less, this is a corprate culture.
    2. Not everyone is treated the same or held accountable or to the same standard.
    3. Brute force to make a point does not get your message accross.
    4. Senior leaders talking negatively about other leaders in the organization to level managers.
    5. Beating down employees, make them work ungodly hours while you walk out the door at 5:30.

1. You hire great managers who are excellent leaders and then you keep them in meetings all day asking what they are doing all day because you won't take the time to trust the very abilities you hired them for.
    2. Accountability should be across the board, not everyone is held to the same set of standards.
    3. Great leaders know how to bring the best out of people, they know how to motivate and have the desire and will to do more but it starts with respect, and treating others they way you would want to be treated and spoken too.
    4.No matter what your personal opinon is of a Senior VP within the ogranization you should never express that or make derogatory comments about that leader to midline managers, its a reflection on you more than it is on the opinion, whether its valid or not.
    5. Walk the talk, good leadership is by example.

Lastly, support the great people you have in this organization, helping someone's career in the organization should be a positive experience not a 'fear of retaliation."

Worked for Pall Aeropower Corporation? Contribute to the Community!