Pall

Updated December 11, 2014
2.4

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley
Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management (in 5 reviews)

• work life balance is great, I didn't see many people stay in the office after 6pm (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages (in 4 reviews)

• They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Awaful

I have been working at Pall as a contractor

Pros

No reason to work here.

Cons

In my opinion, Pall is a No value, No credit company

In my experience, HR has no clue that there are other counrties including Canada exists on this earth. Their slowest response with full of errors ruined my desire to work at Pall.

However, after reading the reviews of past & current employees, I am glad I am not working here!

Pall is a garbage fire of an organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

Getting paid on time. Some decent people work here. If you hate career advancement you will love Pall.

Cons

Everything else. Pall is very cheap, below average raises and salaries. Management is a disorganized mess who treat employees like trash. This is a dead end company with nowhere to go.

Take your big stock options and leave. That would be the best.

Awful pay and deceptive HR practices. Beware!

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of a good reason to recommend working here. There is literally no advantage to working here over anywhere else.

Cons

The company doesn't pay anywhere near market rates. Line management and HR are out of sync on what employee positions are and what they're pay should be. Make sure you get everything in writing, you'll need it later. Without a doubt, this was the worst the worst experience of my career.

Get your HR function under control. There are some seriously outrageous abuses of your people happening through there.

Great stock and industry but extremely poor management

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits were good. Some of the people were nice, but their numbers are dwindling.

Cons

They do not develop their employees. They took away education reimbursement for people to get MBAs. There is no upward movement. Management is not truthful with employees. Management has pumped up the stock price by outsourcing, but they have gotten rid of employees with 20 plus years of experience and vast knowledge. In my opinion, there are particular people in the Life Science Management that are SOCIOPATHIC. I am not kidding. In my opinion they have a mental disorder and yell and attempt to embarrass people. They do this because they themselves are incompetent and need to cover that up by blaming other people. Also, in my opinion, there is evidence of disproportionate firings of minorities and women. I would be interested to see the data. I think there is evidence of violations of EEOC guidelines.

Try to develop your people and get rid of the incompetent management in Life Sciences who make life miserable for your worthwhile employees. Are you aware of your employee turnover rate? Are you aware of disproportionate firings of minorities and women?

Not a good place to work. They treat people very poorly and have no respect for employees.

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a large / profitable company. some of the employees were good to work with . The atmosphere when I was first hired was pleasant, they even had music piped in throughout the site.

Cons

Upper management was ruthless. Several key leaders of the Life Sciences group were especially bad. I have seen them publicly attack and humiliate certain employees that the singled out. Two people had to seek medical attention due to stress.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Unprofessional HR Team sitting at Bangalore office

I worked at Pall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

COMPANY REPUTATION AND COMPANY VISION AND PRODUCTS ARE IMPRESSIVE.......but Very impolite and unprofessional HR

Cons

There is nothing I could say positive about....

Pls replace entire Bangalore HR team to make Pall better place

The most frustrating company I have worked for !!!!!!

Current Employee - Operations in Newquay, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operations in Newquay, England (UK)

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary - the salary is competitive - must be hazard pay !
    It's a large company and as such has some corporate culture / structure.
    Tea break time to talk with other employees.

Cons

- Leadership - does not exist - all Managers that are constantly firefighting
    - office / business culture - people don't "like to work" here, lots of upset, demotivated people
    - sucks the energy / motivation out of you
    - don't expect reviews or much communication with your boss
    - reviews not linked with goals and objectives or salary rises
    - expect to suck up and work lots of hours
    - training - you won't have time
    - you won't have time to resolve issues - just paper over the gaping cracks
    - change does not happen - the culture is not to change.

Stop the poor Management, start Leading, communicating and respecting/empowering employees - then things will start to improve !

Worst company I ever joined

Current Employee - Finance in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Finance in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing best experience I got here
    I have to do more than my responsibility which it should be handled by 3-4 people

Cons

Very challanges because you not only fight to external but also have to play tricky and political in internal and with your co worker

Worst HR in the world, my salary was even delayed in payment around 5 working days because of documents handover not completed yet. I have all done include jobs, documents, authority handover by my last day. HR still delay my payroll payment and it is not the same as what we have already agreed. Beware to join thia company

Purgatory (You can only go up from here.)

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work for this company are:
    1. Decent paid time off (personal days, holidays, shut down periods, etc.)
    2. Any other job you take AFTER this one ought to seem like a breezy paradise by comparison.
    3. The guy or girl in the cube or workstation next to you is probably cool.

Cons

The top challenges faced while working here are:

1. Management: Management seems to think employees are stupid. They spend so much time and money recruiting and interviewing, only to treat employees like incompetent morons who have to be told what to do and how to do it. Management seems terrified of risk, so they tend to micromanage workers, which slaughters efficiency and innovation. Management asks you to do tasks that they wouldn't bother to do themselves. One particular high-level manager has the supremely annoying habit of coming around at the end of tasks or projects and criticizing them, demanding they be reworked, often for minor cosmetic things. Reworks never made the work BETTER. They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway.

Management DOES NOT care about your experience. If you think you're going to start out at position X here and work your way up to management in ten or fifteen years, you are so, SO wrong. Managers are brought in from outside, which should tell you a lot right there. If your goal is to be an executive at Pall, DON'T WORK THERE! You'll ruin your chances.

2. Workload: People are doing the work of three or four, probably because others are leaving in droves. Your priorities will change by the hour. Try managing your own time effectively when a manager whips you back and forth between whatever he feels your top three priorities should be! Your manager will be displeased that you didn't get a majority of your projects done each year, and the constant fire-fighting and insane workload will not be a valid excuse.

Fire yourselves!

Worst company ever worked.. SAP department with full of idiot managers - bullying is a daily business

I worked at Pall full-time

Pros

Ok salary, nice office location

Cons

Poor management, no planning, you will be throwed at any point of time irrespective of your good work