Pall Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
2.5

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley
Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management (in 5 reviews)

• Enganginging with cutting edge technology (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very sad - company has no real regard for employees (in 3 reviews)

• There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Awful pay and deceptive HR practices. Beware!

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of a good reason to recommend working here. There is literally no advantage to working here over anywhere else.

Cons

The company doesn't pay anywhere near market rates. Line management and HR are out of sync on what employee positions are and what they're pay should be. Make sure you get everything in writing, you'll need it later. Without a doubt, this was the worst the worst experience of my career.

Get your HR function under control. There are some seriously outrageous abuses of your people happening through there.

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southern, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southern, LA

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty good salary. Nice vacation package. Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Outside sales people treated poorly. Expectations constantly were changing and so it was hard to meet obligations sometimes. Lots of good-ol-boy mentality. Worked here before Eric Krasnoff left, so can't speak of the atmosphere today.

Learn to respect employees more.

Don't work here. Deeply troubled company ruined by new management team.

Current Employee - Operations Finance Associate in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Finance Associate in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work with a lot of decent people, many of whom are very nice and smart.

Cons

Absolutely zero company culture or regard for employees. Constant layoffs (especially for longer term employees), NO loyalty - if you have been a loyal employee for 20 years and make a decent salary you will be replaced without a second thought. Elimination of positions with no plan on how to replace people's output. HUGE pay disparity between management and regular employees - for ex, the CEO made $35 million in ONE year and then reduces bonuses, raises and cuts staff because we spend too much on salary! Pay is VERY low for non-senior mgmt. Dead end career with no chance if moving up within the company; all managers are brought in externally rather than promoted from within. With exception of the CFO, who is a decent guy, the senior mgmt team is pompous, heartless, and overpaid. Just remember, at Pall you are not a person, but an unfortunate blight on the income statement (if I had a penny for every time management mentioned SG&A I would double my salary, which is not saying much but hey...).

Get a clue Larry. Stop hiring cronies and giving the top guys huge pay while screwing everyone else. A CEO should inspire and lead, rather than locking yourself in the C Suite, giving yourself nice new titles, and remaining oblivious that you are the most disliked person in the entire organization. The 20% approval rating here is NOT an aberration. The stock price has gone up a lot, but it doesn't take a Harvard MBA to figure out that by laying everyone off and making others work 70 HR weeks will reduce costs, especially in a tough economic environment where its tough to find other jobs. How about investing in the company to make a long term sustainable impact rather than being so short sighted and focusing your decisions on how to maximize the value of your stock options?

Goals have become very short term and focused on financial performance only at the expense of technology leadership.

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very diversified company. Good exposure to both Life Sciences and Industrial business. Benefits in general are good but the endless cost cutting is taking a toll.

Cons

Senior leadership's goals are clearly short term. Financial community seems to not notice the complete lack of a long term strategy. Benefits and resource cost cutting are being offset by excessive executive compensation.

Develop a strategy for the future beyond the next quarter, one that reaches beyond the Power Point phase. The lack of fresh ideas is truly bleak.

Great stock and industry but extremely poor management

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits were good. Some of the people were nice, but their numbers are dwindling.

Cons

They do not develop their employees. They took away education reimbursement for people to get MBAs. There is no upward movement. Management is not truthful with employees. Management has pumped up the stock price by outsourcing, but they have gotten rid of employees with 20 plus years of experience and vast knowledge. In my opinion, there are particular people in the Life Science Management that are SOCIOPATHIC. I am not kidding. In my opinion they have a mental disorder and yell and attempt to embarrass people. They do this because they themselves are incompetent and need to cover that up by blaming other people. Also, in my opinion, there is evidence of disproportionate firings of minorities and women. I would be interested to see the data. I think there is evidence of violations of EEOC guidelines.

Try to develop your people and get rid of the incompetent management in Life Sciences who make life miserable for your worthwhile employees. Are you aware of your employee turnover rate? Are you aware of disproportionate firings of minorities and women?

Not a good place to work. They treat people very poorly and have no respect for employees.

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a large / profitable company. some of the employees were good to work with . The atmosphere when I was first hired was pleasant, they even had music piped in throughout the site.

Cons

Upper management was ruthless. Several key leaders of the Life Sciences group were especially bad. I have seen them publicly attack and humiliate certain employees that the singled out. Two people had to seek medical attention due to stress.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Great people to work with organization needs to improve

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People were great to work with. Compensation & benefits are average.

Cons

Staffing is lean. Overtime is out of control. No work life balance. Does change by organizational transformation instead of organizational development.

Staff accordingly to production numbers and bring people on board when it comes to change.

Lots of promising potential that is, unfortunately, offset by a bewildering and complicated producdevelopment process ,

Current Employee - Senior Principal R&D Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Principal R&D Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic amount of internal talent.

Very broad market coverage that somewhat isolates Pall from the up and down cycles you see with companies that only sell into one or two markets.

Good cash reserves that allow them to aggressively develop solutions to address portfolio gaps.

Cons

Huge amount of confusion in the engineering community caused by Pall"s Sage Gate Process, which is THE MOST complicated one I have ever seen.

Pall's Gate process doesn't work for novel products that have significant technical challenges that need to be solved before they would be commercially viable.

Zenophobic mentality makes it impossible to gather realistic and meaningful customer feedback early in the product development process....................historically pall spends years developing a product before it is ever shown to anyone outside the company. Pall management recognizes that this needs to be improved, but they have not implemented disclosure strategies the would allow allow marketing or engineering to gather reliable customer feedback early in the development process.

Pall's ultimate mission is to offer solutions that allow our customers separate, purify or concentrate product. Our endgame is not to fill in all the boxes on the myriad of checklists that are in the stage gate process.

Simplify the Stage gate Development process and publish exemplary examples that will be used as guides for future gate submissions.

Hire project managers whose sole purpose is to move projects through the gate process.

Unprofessional HR Team sitting at Bangalore office

I worked at Pall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

COMPANY REPUTATION AND COMPANY VISION AND PRODUCTS ARE IMPRESSIVE.......but Very impolite and unprofessional HR

Cons

There is nothing I could say positive about....

Pls replace entire Bangalore HR team to make Pall better place

PALL is a Great company with Great products but the worst management culture. Particularly within Asia

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

Interesting technologies and product development programs. There are also some very gifted and professional people within the group.

Cons

Disconnected senior managers and a cancerous culture of poor leadership capabilities being rewarded and a focus on shareholder return rather than employee retention.

Learn to motivate with training and mentor-ship not through fear of termination. There is a work culture inconsistent with modern work life that deems the employee as a necessary evil from a P&L standpoint rather than a valued team member contributing to the success of the P&L.