Pall

Updated November 22, 2014
2.3

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley
Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management (in 5 reviews)

• work life balance is great, I didn't see many people stay in the office after 6pm (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages (in 4 reviews)

• They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Pall

Pros

Started off as a wonderful experience. Company provided training and rewarded employees.

Cons

Budget cuts eliminated training and most of the R&D group. Low morale

Stick to Pall's value which is filtration. Don't go into a certain market just because the new leadership is familiar with it.

Awaful

I have been working at Pall as a contractor

Pros

No reason to work here.

Cons

In my opinion, Pall is a No value, No credit company

In my experience, HR has no clue that there are other counrties including Canada exists on this earth. Their slowest response with full of errors ruined my desire to work at Pall.

However, after reading the reviews of past & current employees, I am glad I am not working here!

Pall is a garbage fire of an organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

Getting paid on time. Some decent people work here. If you hate career advancement you will love Pall.

Cons

Everything else. Pall is very cheap, below average raises and salaries. Management is a disorganized mess who treat employees like trash. This is a dead end company with nowhere to go.

Take your big stock options and leave. That would be the best.

I have good boss and team

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lucky I have a very good boss, he gave my plenty opportunities and I learned a lot. I had very happy 3 years here
    Free fruits and drink

Cons

Organization structure keep on changing and changing. hard to get the sustaining pictures
    Although CEO keep on mentioning we made very good profit, but it didn't reward to employee
    Overall I don't think it's a people company

Awful pay and deceptive HR practices. Beware!

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of a good reason to recommend working here. There is literally no advantage to working here over anywhere else.

Cons

The company doesn't pay anywhere near market rates. Line management and HR are out of sync on what employee positions are and what they're pay should be. Make sure you get everything in writing, you'll need it later. Without a doubt, this was the worst the worst experience of my career.

Get your HR function under control. There are some seriously outrageous abuses of your people happening through there.

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southern, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southern, LA

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty good salary. Nice vacation package. Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Outside sales people treated poorly. Expectations constantly were changing and so it was hard to meet obligations sometimes. Lots of good-ol-boy mentality. Worked here before Eric Krasnoff left, so can't speak of the atmosphere today.

Learn to respect employees more.

Goals have become very short term and focused on financial performance only at the expense of technology leadership.

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very diversified company. Good exposure to both Life Sciences and Industrial business. Benefits in general are good but the endless cost cutting is taking a toll.

Cons

Senior leadership's goals are clearly short term. Financial community seems to not notice the complete lack of a long term strategy. Benefits and resource cost cutting are being offset by excessive executive compensation.

Develop a strategy for the future beyond the next quarter, one that reaches beyond the Power Point phase. The lack of fresh ideas is truly bleak.

Great stock and industry but extremely poor management

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits were good. Some of the people were nice, but their numbers are dwindling.

Cons

They do not develop their employees. They took away education reimbursement for people to get MBAs. There is no upward movement. Management is not truthful with employees. Management has pumped up the stock price by outsourcing, but they have gotten rid of employees with 20 plus years of experience and vast knowledge. In my opinion, there are particular people in the Life Science Management that are SOCIOPATHIC. I am not kidding. In my opinion they have a mental disorder and yell and attempt to embarrass people. They do this because they themselves are incompetent and need to cover that up by blaming other people. Also, in my opinion, there is evidence of disproportionate firings of minorities and women. I would be interested to see the data. I think there is evidence of violations of EEOC guidelines.

Try to develop your people and get rid of the incompetent management in Life Sciences who make life miserable for your worthwhile employees. Are you aware of your employee turnover rate? Are you aware of disproportionate firings of minorities and women?

Not a good place to work. They treat people very poorly and have no respect for employees.

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a large / profitable company. some of the employees were good to work with . The atmosphere when I was first hired was pleasant, they even had music piped in throughout the site.

Cons

Upper management was ruthless. Several key leaders of the Life Sciences group were especially bad. I have seen them publicly attack and humiliate certain employees that the singled out. Two people had to seek medical attention due to stress.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Great people to work with organization needs to improve

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People were great to work with. Compensation & benefits are average.

Cons

Staffing is lean. Overtime is out of control. No work life balance. Does change by organizational transformation instead of organizational development.

Staff accordingly to production numbers and bring people on board when it comes to change.