Pall

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley

Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros:
  • "Great people that love their jobs despite poor management"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Enganginging with cutting edge technology"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Long hours when working on a project or implementation"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Weak local management that does not allow career advancement

Cortland, NY

ProsGood corporate benefits and policys

ConsAt local level people are not happy with management. Hostile work environment with no room for personal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employees with respect and fairness.

World Class organization chasing Wall Street valuation at the expense of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working close to home.

ConsConstant restructuring that left many very competant, qualified employees unemployed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't neglect your Systems business

Overall, a good experience.

Port Washington, NY

ProsDuring my time here, I have had the opportunity to grow professionally, and work with many smart, qualified, friendly, and all around good people. My peers, supervisors, and subordinates all bring a lot to the table in a great team environment.

There are, regularly, opportunities to learn more about the business, operations, finance, or other facets of executing on the corporation's strategic objectives, if you seek them out.

ConsOn the flip side, compensation is extremely sub-par for the area. This is a huge pain point personally, and I perceive it as a constant threat to my ability to retain employees. Look at almost any salary survey for the area, subtract upwards of 40%, and you'll be in the ball park of what Pall will offer you.

Pall has some great technology, but doesn't utilize it well. A common source of frustration is that many processes are still paper based, when the technology exists or is already in place to automate the task or perform it in an electronic format. I don't know about you, but I think having to get paper forms signed, reviewed, or approved is so 1980s.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally, some of the communication initiatives that have been undertaken make senior management seem more approachable and open to discussing the business. That's good, and should continue.

With the noted employee concerns about compensation in the NY area, and your quite understandable focus on delivering shareholder value, you should probably consider relocating HQ to a more cost effective location. There is certainly somewhere that you could procure equivalent facilities, talented employees, and pay a lower overall tax and compensation burden while at the same time satisfying everyone's needs. Just a thought.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional, challenging and motivating.

ProsGlobal recognised organisations with a solid market place. Great environment at work place.

ConsDifficulty and/or lack of organisation towards project management.

Do not join Pall India

Manager (Former Employee)
    Delhi (India)

ProsPall Corporation has huge growth potential due to its excellent product range.People are great.

ConsThe management will remove you any time irrespective off your great performance, just because your senior do not like you. I had seen all that during my tenure with Pall India.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecial advise to HR team - Please do not work like puppets.

Purgatory (You can only go up from here.)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best reasons to work for this company are:
    1. Decent paid time off (personal days, holidays, shut down periods, etc.)
    2. Any other job you take AFTER this one ought to seem like a breezy paradise by comparison.
    3. The guy or girl in the cube or workstation next to you is probably cool.

ConsThe top challenges faced while working here are:

1. Management: Management seems to think employees are stupid. They spend so much time and money recruiting and interviewing, only to treat employees like incompetent morons who have to be told what to do and how to do it. Management seems terrified of risk, so they tend to micromanage workers, which slaughters efficiency and innovation. Management asks you to do tasks that they wouldn't bother to do themselves. One particular high-level manager has the supremely annoying habit of coming around at the end of tasks or projects and criticizing them, demanding they be reworked, often for minor cosmetic things. Reworks never made the work BETTER. They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway.

Management DOES NOT care about your experience. If you think you're going to start out at position X here and work your way up to management in ten or fifteen years, you are so, SO wrong. Managers are brought in from outside, which should tell you a lot right there. If your goal is to be an executive at Pall, DON'T WORK THERE! You'll ruin your chances.

2. Workload: People are doing the work of three or four, probably because others are leaving in droves. Your priorities will change by the hour. Try managing your own time effectively when a manager whips you back and forth between whatever he feels your top three priorities should be! Your manager will be displeased that you didn't get a majority of your projects done each year, and the constant fire-fighting and insane workload will not be a valid excuse.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves!

Worst company ever worked.. SAP department with full of idiot managers - bullying is a daily business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOk salary, nice office location

ConsPoor management, no planning, you will be throwed at any point of time irrespective of your good work

Disaster. Stay away, far away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, adequate benefits. Corporate Compliance and Ethics are taken seriously, albeit to an extreme that makes management hesitant to take calculated risk

ConsA real blame culture. Cut throat politics Lots of turnover in leadership. No strategy that is clear to the employees. Values are written but not demonstrated. Very little leadership development, ergo not the best people leaders. People have no voice, so they use the Ethics Hotline to make complaints about their issues and get attention. Corporate makes most of the decisions. Creates a fox hole mentality at the local level, where no one wants to make decisions or rock the boat. Top leadership (especially Larry Kingsley) is not visible to employees and there is no strong communication strategy to help the employees understand the business strategy and what they do to contribute to the success of the Company. No support or clear direction from leadership. No coaching, just fingerpointing. Worst company I every worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementSorry, but I do not believe this Company, under it's current leadership, would listen or take heed to any advice. There has been lots of work done to make the Company more profitable in the short term, but it needs to invest in it's people, starting with better people leaders, to really take the Company to the next level.

Good opportunity

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood products and long time customer base

ConsDisorganized, not customer focused enough

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more faith in regional and territory sales teams

Recent aquisition

ProsThe potential for expansion is huge!

ConsWe haven't been brought up to the Pall payscale yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet us know the expectations of Pall Corporate

Worked for Pall? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pall reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pall CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley. All 73 reviews posted anonymously by Pall employees.