Palladion Services

Add Photos

Richard Primrose

Not great, not terrible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsManagement is accessible, and the contract locations are convenient and generally nice. Pay is average for the position. Overtime is readily available. If you like customer service and interacting with customers on a daily basis, you'll like this job.

ConsManagement can be condescending and rude. Pay increases are tough to come by. Time off is sometimes stressful to get. Coworkers are unprofessional at times. My biggest complaint is the unprofessional tone that is often struck by certain contract managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow a bit more respect to your employees. No need for constant condescension. Your hiring process seems strict, and yet it seems like you hire some people who are absolutely not qualified. Perhaps if you took the time to screen your prospective employees a bit more, you would have a more responsible work force.

A Very Sleazy experience. I am shocked by the practices of this company and still---they are in business.

Concierge/Security (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsA lot of laughs with co-workers about how clumsily the company is run-on-the-cheap and how unbelievably nasty it can be.

ConsWe never know when we'll be hit by an searingly deranged maniac yelling and screaming at us. Being forced to sign falsely worded, concocted, nonfactual warnings. At times I actually smile and look around for the hidden camera. I'm sure, John K----- will walk out and ask,"WHAT WOULD YOU DO!?"

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to management school.

Rewarding experience every day!

Concierge/Security (Current Employee)

ProsPalladion has given me the resources to provide our amazing clients with top notch services. Every day brings new challenges and I feel well equipped to handle whatever comes my way.

ConsSometimes our clients (building or facilities managers) underestimate how much we do for their clients (employees, residents).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate with our clients about the endless benefits to having well-staffed operations. Extra hands for even part of a day can increase our ability to go above and beyond for their clients and make them (building / facilities management) look good!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dishonest Management

Security Officer (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsFree Dry Cleaning, OT Hours if needed.

ConsDishonest Management. Management routinely overcharges clients for "non-existent" security officers. (One site , the client asked for 2 security officers), (Client is overseas), Palladion Services sent ONE security officer to the site (me) and billed the client for TWO officers.)...Very Dishonest. Also, there is the issue of refusing to hire immigrants (although they are here legally)

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct your business in an honest manner.

unannounced bouts of paranoid screaming tantrums from management

Security Supervisor (Current Employee)

Prosfree dry cleaning-- laughs with staff about what management tries to impose on employees

ConsRapid change in staff. Most just quit on the spot -no notice.Contradictory false accusations from managment

Advice to Senior Managementdo you background checks and drug test

From bad to better!!

Lead Concierge (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsAfter working for not one but two awful security company's (I can't put the names here but I can uses initial's- SA and ISA) to now working with a professional company is a breath of fresh air. Most of the sites are top notch and the main office has a friendly atmosphere and the management team will get you what you need -all you have to do is ask. You will be expected to uphold the company's image and remain professional at all times. Is that really so hard to do? I have met some employees that have worked for over 10 years with them and are happy!. I look forward to passing 10 years myself.

ConsNone so far. I keep waiting for the problem that every one else is talking about. I don't think I'll se them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!!

Wonderful opportunities! Enjoying a meaningful career where I make a difference every day!

Concierge/Security (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsPalladion Services offered me an opportunity to serve both their commercial and residential clients. As in any career, there is a learning curve and I am grateful that Palladion provided me with training, which has enabled me to make decisions for the benefit of our clients with certainty. Their training has also provided me with the resources necessary to figure out how to resolve time-sensitive matters for the benefit of our client, with or without my team-oriented colleagues, so that our clients needs were met in a timely manner. We handle an endless variety of matters for our clients and mercifully, I've learned something new every day for my extra efforts. Yes, I have worked hard for Palladion, but what is so wonderful about this career is that what we do really does make a big difference in our clients' lives (professionally and personally) and they appreciate it. I'm very proud to be a part of that kind of company.

Management does a very good job of communicating with its employees, each of whom they know well. They are very involved, visible and responsive. I've met more loyal employees at Palladion Services than at other company I've ever worked at over the past 30+ years. Retention rates seem to be very high throughout the company. Hard work is, as it should be, appreciated and praised.

Something else that speaks volumes about Palladion's management team is how much they care about their employees not only as employees, but also as human beings. Since joining Palladion, I've known of several employees who've needed to take time away from their work for medical reasons. Palladion has not only encouraged them to do what they needed to do to get better, they held their jobs open for them, visited them in the hospital, checked in on them when they went home and generally continued to make sure that they were ok and then welcomed them back, with open arms, when they were ready to come back.

It's a strange way, I know, to illustrate how much they care about we employees as human beings, but when i read some of the negative comments that just flew in the face of the good and descent treatment of employees that I've witnessed over and over by Palladion management, I paused and questioned who could have written those not so nice things and why. There is no question in my mind that Palladion cares about us and its clients.

ConsI've read a couple of the other reviews and the negative ones just don't square with my experience at all. I am very happy to get up every morning and go to work for Palladion because they have great clients who challenge me in new and different ways every day. As with ANY career, there will be days when your clients are needing your assistance constantly and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I see the many demands on my time as a sign that our clients have come to rely upon us because they've been happy with how we helped them out in the past. They can count on us because we are well equipped to serve them. People need a compass sometimes and if I can set them off in the right direction or help them in a way that makes their day easier, happier, lighter, etc., then I'm making the difference in their day that they needed and that's what they are paying me to do. (How lucky am I? I get paid to make people happy!)

It's challenging to be in the service industry, but you get out of it what you put into it. For me, being challenged every day is very rewarding.

Four year employee at various sites

(Current Employee)

ProsLike anything else in life you get out of something what you put into it.

If you work hard and take your job seriously the company will be there for you as they have always been there for me.

If you are a bad employee you will not last, and will most likely end up writing untrue things about the company on "glassdoor" and other sites. That is an unfortunate reality of social media today.

ConsSometimes you might be asked to do extra, but I see this as a good thing and have never been once been punished when I simply could not take an extra shift. I don't know what people expect as Palladion's business is security and concierge service. Someone has to be at the customer's property at all times or the company will lose clients..

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let a few malcontents (with poor grammar) ruin your day. You are doing a great job and some of us appreciate that and aren't afraid to say it!

Steady and consistant employment with decent pay and a professional and dedicated managment team.

Concierge (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThere is definitly potentail for growth within the company. Many employees start off part-time and are quickly promoted to full time employment. Senior managment is extremely dedicated and go out of their way to keep clients and employees satisfied. If you are professional and have a good work ethic, career advancement is a definite possiblity.

Cons- Extremely uptight about upholding appearance and code of conduct.
    - Starting pay could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up and thanks for the opportunity!!!

A great management team to work for.

Site Supervisor (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI worked for Palladion for 11 yrs. before retiring. During my time there I had some medical issues and the entire team of management staff would go out of their way for me with needed support, and encouragement. When I was hospitalized, management would visit me weekly to check on my progress, and insure me that I had a job when i was discharged. Palladion was there for me and alot of other employees!

ConsSometimes management has to be rough on an employee, if that employee over steps his bounds. They and only they, have to answer to the client. They have to correct that employees mistakes so they don't happen again.

Advice to Senior ManagementRely on your supervisors more,they are there to help your team of managers. Encourage your supervisors to have more input with building management.

Worked for Palladion Services? Contribute to the Community!