Palladion Services

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014
3.6

Richard Primrose

Best security company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Palladion Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is the fifth security company I have worked for in my lifetime, and it is by far the best. Pay is above average for the security industry. At my site, I am part of the most professional security staff that I have ever been a part of. Everyone shows up, and they show up on time. I have never been stuck because someone no-call / no showed. If you need help with something or do not know something, the rest of the team will gladly help you out. I feel that Palladion does an excellent job of screening their prospective employees. I know people who have tried repeatedly to get a job with Palladion and they do not get hired. My site supervisor treats everyone with respect. Because of that, everyone wants to do the best job that they can.

I have had nothing but good experiences with the management team of the company. They listen and get you what you need to succeed. The management team is constantly visiting the sites; even in the middle of the night. They are aware of what goes on. Even the President / owner of the company is in the trenches visiting sites. As part of my screening process, he actually interviewed me and was very straight forward with me and stated his expectations. It shows that he cares about his product.

There are some negative reviews about this company, but I myself have to wonder what brought on these negative interactions. Employees forget that Palladion is a business and they sometimes need to make a move based on the best interest of the business and then the employee takes it personal. I am willing to be that those with the negative reviews put themselves in that position. I will agree that this company expects the best from their employees. However, I was told of that expectation during the interview process. That is why they pay better than most companies. That is why the management team gives their employees their best.

Other security companies could learn a thing or two from Palladion.

Cons

I am sure there are some, but at my site and the team of guys I work with, I cannot think of any.

Keep up the good work.

Good part time job

Current Employee - Security in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Security in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

they offer a flexible schedule

Cons

they can request you to work a lot of shifts if you want them

nothing to add in this section

A great summer job!

Former Employee - Summer Floater in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Summer Floater in Boston, MA

I worked at Palladion Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I always found the executives to be accessible and accommodating. The Management even visits the individual accounts and checks on the employees at the site. I believe that to have a rewarding and fulfilling work experience, you need to find a company that truly believes in their work. During my time as a summer employee, I found Palladion to be an exemplary company dedicated to applying its service philosophy to all it stands for.

Cons

Pay at any company within the security/service industry is average, and Palladion is not an exception. Also, given the fact the Palladion rigorously adheres to the philosophy of providing excellent customer service, the company has very high expectations of employee performance. As a Palladion employee, you must follow a strict set of rules and code of conduct in order to be considered a successful and valuable member of the community. Because of this, there is extremely low tolerance of bad behavior and performance, and working at such a company is only ideal for individuals who are willing and dedicated to living up to such expectations.

Thank you for the opportunity. I enjoyed my summer working with you and look forward to returning next summer when school ends!

unethical, low lives, crooked, slimy

Former Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA

I worked at Palladion Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A shocking look at just how seedy some people are. I saw how unethical, belittling and bold the false assumptions were generously thrown/ delivered from management without the chance to counter. Shocking behavior. Literally appeared to be satanic, nonhuman, creepy.

Cons

The crooked, calculated way upper management forcefully hovers over, knowingly invading a persons ,space to force a signature on false tales of events. A very sick feeling whenever approached by upper management. I worked there 6 months before I found out I had a different boss than I thought. I was never told prior who my so called boss was. Poor training. Had to learn by others mistakes. Lots of shouting and belittling. Sleazy management behavior.

Go back to management school and learn how to manage people.

Not great, not terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management is accessible, and the contract locations are convenient and generally nice. Pay is average for the position. Overtime is readily available. If you like customer service and interacting with customers on a daily basis, you'll like this job.

Cons

Management can be condescending and rude. Pay increases are tough to come by. Time off is sometimes stressful to get. Coworkers are unprofessional at times. My biggest complaint is the unprofessional tone that is often struck by certain contract managers.

Show a bit more respect to your employees. No need for constant condescension. Your hiring process seems strict, and yet it seems like you hire some people who are absolutely not qualified. Perhaps if you took the time to screen your prospective employees a bit more, you would have a more responsible work force.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. As owner-managers, we are committed to constantly improving our company and building strong employee relationships. With your comments in mind, we will continue our work to ... More

Rewarding experience every day!

Current Employee - Concierge/Security
    Current Employee - Concierge/Security

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Palladion has given me the resources to provide our amazing clients with top notch services. Every day brings new challenges and I feel well equipped to handle whatever comes my way.

Cons

Sometimes our clients (building or facilities managers) underestimate how much we do for their clients (employees, residents).

Continue to communicate with our clients about the endless benefits to having well-staffed operations. Extra hands for even part of a day can increase our ability to go above and beyond for their clients and make them (building / facilities management) look good!

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for doing such a great job! We are proud to work with you, and every individual in our company, who goes above and beyond for our customers.

From bad to better!!

Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After working for not one but two awful security company's (I can't put the names here but I can uses initial's- SA and ISA) to now working with a professional company is a breath of fresh air. Most of the sites are top notch and the main office has a friendly atmosphere and the management team will get you what you need -all you have to do is ask. You will be expected to uphold the company's image and remain professional at all times. Is that really so hard to do? I have met some employees that have worked for over 10 years with them and are happy!. I look forward to passing 10 years myself.

Cons

None so far. I keep waiting for the problem that every one else is talking about. I don't think I'll se them.

Keep up the good work!!!

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

We are happy to hear that you have found a long term home with Palladion as so many of our employees have! We look forward to your next ten years with us as much as you do! Thanks for your hard work ... More

Wonderful opportunities! Enjoying a meaningful career where I make a difference every day!

Current Employee - Concierge/Security in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Concierge/Security in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Palladion Services offered me an opportunity to serve both their commercial and residential clients. As in any career, there is a learning curve and I am grateful that Palladion provided me with training, which has enabled me to make decisions for the benefit of our clients with certainty. Their training has also provided me with the resources necessary to figure out how to resolve time-sensitive matters for the benefit of our client, with or without my team-oriented colleagues, so that our clients needs were met in a timely manner. We handle an endless variety of matters for our clients and mercifully, I've learned something new every day for my extra efforts. Yes, I have worked hard for Palladion, but what is so wonderful about this career is that what we do really does make a big difference in our clients' lives (professionally and personally) and they appreciate it. I'm very proud to be a part of that kind of company.

Management does a very good job of communicating with its employees, each of whom they know well. They are very involved, visible and responsive. I've met more loyal employees at Palladion Services than at other company I've ever worked at over the past 30+ years. Retention rates seem to be very high throughout the company. Hard work is, as it should be, appreciated and praised.

Something else that speaks volumes about Palladion's management team is how much they care about their employees not only as employees, but also as human beings. Since joining Palladion, I've known of several employees who've needed to take time away from their work for medical reasons. Palladion has not only encouraged them to do what they needed to do to get better, they held their jobs open for them, visited them in the hospital, checked in on them when they went home and generally continued to make sure that they were ok and then welcomed them back, with open arms, when they were ready to come back.

It's a strange way, I know, to illustrate how much they care about we employees as human beings, but when i read some of the negative comments that just flew in the face of the good and descent treatment of employees that I've witnessed over and over by Palladion management, I paused and questioned who could have written those not so nice things and why. There is no question in my mind that Palladion cares about us and its clients.

Cons

I've read a couple of the other reviews and the negative ones just don't square with my experience at all. I am very happy to get up every morning and go to work for Palladion because they have great clients who challenge me in new and different ways every day. As with ANY career, there will be days when your clients are needing your assistance constantly and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I see the many demands on my time as a sign that our clients have come to rely upon us because they've been happy with how we helped them out in the past. They can count on us because we are well equipped to serve them. People need a compass sometimes and if I can set them off in the right direction or help them in a way that makes their day easier, happier, lighter, etc., then I'm making the difference in their day that they needed and that's what they are paying me to do. (How lucky am I? I get paid to make people happy!)

It's challenging to be in the service industry, but you get out of it what you put into it. For me, being challenged every day is very rewarding.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that your training and positive attitude has combined to create such a rewarding experience- for you, our company and our customers!

A great management team to work for.

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at Palladion Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for Palladion for 11 yrs. before retiring. During my time there I had some medical issues and the entire team of management staff would go out of their way for me with needed support, and encouragement. When I was hospitalized, management would visit me weekly to check on my progress, and insure me that I had a job when i was discharged. Palladion was there for me and alot of other employees!

Cons

Sometimes management has to be rough on an employee, if that employee over steps his bounds. They and only they, have to answer to the client. They have to correct that employees mistakes so they don't happen again.

Rely on your supervisors more,they are there to help your team of managers. Encourage your supervisors to have more input with building management.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your many contributions to our company. We are honored to have worked with you for eleven years and wish you a happy retirement!

Four year employee at various sites

I have been working at Palladion Services

Pros

Like anything else in life you get out of something what you put into it.

If you work hard and take your job seriously the company will be there for you as they have always been there for me.

If you are a bad employee you will not last, and will most likely end up writing untrue things about the company on "glassdoor" and other sites. That is an unfortunate reality of social media today.

Cons

Sometimes you might be asked to do extra, but I see this as a good thing and have never been once been punished when I simply could not take an extra shift. I don't know what people expect as Palladion's business is security and concierge service. Someone has to be at the customer's property at all times or the company will lose clients..

Don't let a few malcontents (with poor grammar) ruin your day. You are doing a great job and some of us appreciate that and aren't afraid to say it!

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your perspective. We appreciate your efforts over the past four years and are proud to have you on our team!