Palladion Services

Updated April 24, 2014
Updated April 24, 2014
3.2

Richard Primrose

Rewarding experience every day!

Current Employee - Concierge/Security
    Current Employee - Concierge/Security

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Palladion has given me the resources to provide our amazing clients with top notch services. Every day brings new challenges and I feel well equipped to handle whatever comes my way.

Cons

Sometimes our clients (building or facilities managers) underestimate how much we do for their clients (employees, residents).

Continue to communicate with our clients about the endless benefits to having well-staffed operations. Extra hands for even part of a day can increase our ability to go above and beyond for their clients and make them (building / facilities management) look good!

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for doing such a great job! We are proud to work with you, and every individual in our company, who goes above and beyond for our customers.

Not great, not terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is accessible, and the contract locations are convenient and generally nice. Pay is average for the position. Overtime is readily available. If you like customer service and interacting with customers on a daily basis, you'll like this job.

Cons

Management can be condescending and rude. Pay increases are tough to come by. Time off is sometimes stressful to get. Coworkers are unprofessional at times. My biggest complaint is the unprofessional tone that is often struck by certain contract managers.

Show a bit more respect to your employees. No need for constant condescension. Your hiring process seems strict, and yet it seems like you hire some people who are absolutely not qualified. Perhaps if you took the time to screen your prospective employees a bit more, you would have a more responsible work force.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. As owner-managers, we are committed to constantly improving our company and building strong employee relationships. With your comments in mind, we will continue our work to ... More

unannounced bouts of paranoid screaming tantrums from management

Current Employee - Security Supervisor
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor

I have been working at Palladion Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

free dry cleaning-- laughs with staff about what management tries to impose on employees

Cons

Rapid change in staff. Most just quit on the spot -no notice.Contradictory false accusations from managment

do you background checks and drug test

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Palladion has been in business for over seventeen years and maintains one of the highest employee retention rates in the security industry. We are grateful that many of our employees have chosen to ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

From bad to better!!

Current Employee - Lead Concierge  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

After working for not one but two awful security company's (I can't put the names here but I can uses initial's- SA and ISA) to now working with a professional company is a breath of fresh air. Most of the sites are top notch and the main office has a friendly atmosphere and the management team will get you what you need -all you have to do is ask. You will be expected to uphold the company's image and remain professional at all times. Is that really so hard to do? I have met some employees that have worked for over 10 years with them and are happy!. I look forward to passing 10 years myself.

Cons

None so far. I keep waiting for the problem that every one else is talking about. I don't think I'll se them.

Keep up the good work!!!

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

We are happy to hear that you have found a long term home with Palladion as so many of our employees have! We look forward to your next ten years with us as much as you do! Thanks for your hard work ... More

Wonderful opportunities! Enjoying a meaningful career where I make a difference every day!

Current Employee - Concierge/Security  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Concierge/Security in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Palladion Services offered me an opportunity to serve both their commercial and residential clients. As in any career, there is a learning curve and I am grateful that Palladion provided me with training, which has enabled me to make decisions for the benefit of our clients with certainty. Their training has also provided me with the resources necessary to figure out how to resolve time-sensitive matters for the benefit of our client, with or without my team-oriented colleagues, so that our clients needs were met in a timely manner. We handle an endless variety of matters for our clients and mercifully, I've learned something new every day for my extra efforts. Yes, I have worked hard for Palladion, but what is so wonderful about this career is that what we do really does make a big difference in our clients' lives (professionally and personally) and they appreciate it. I'm very proud to be a part of that kind of company.

Management does a very good job of communicating with its employees, each of whom they know well. They are very involved, visible and responsive. I've met more loyal employees at Palladion Services than at other company I've ever worked at over the past 30+ years. Retention rates seem to be very high throughout the company. Hard work is, as it should be, appreciated and praised.

Something else that speaks volumes about Palladion's management team is how much they care about their employees not only as employees, but also as human beings. Since joining Palladion, I've known of several employees who've needed to take time away from their work for medical reasons. Palladion has not only encouraged them to do what they needed to do to get better, they held their jobs open for them, visited them in the hospital, checked in on them when they went home and generally continued to make sure that they were ok and then welcomed them back, with open arms, when they were ready to come back.

It's a strange way, I know, to illustrate how much they care about we employees as human beings, but when i read some of the negative comments that just flew in the face of the good and descent treatment of employees that I've witnessed over and over by Palladion management, I paused and questioned who could have written those not so nice things and why. There is no question in my mind that Palladion cares about us and its clients.

Cons

I've read a couple of the other reviews and the negative ones just don't square with my experience at all. I am very happy to get up every morning and go to work for Palladion because they have great clients who challenge me in new and different ways every day. As with ANY career, there will be days when your clients are needing your assistance constantly and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I see the many demands on my time as a sign that our clients have come to rely upon us because they've been happy with how we helped them out in the past. They can count on us because we are well equipped to serve them. People need a compass sometimes and if I can set them off in the right direction or help them in a way that makes their day easier, happier, lighter, etc., then I'm making the difference in their day that they needed and that's what they are paying me to do. (How lucky am I? I get paid to make people happy!)

It's challenging to be in the service industry, but you get out of it what you put into it. For me, being challenged every day is very rewarding.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that your training and positive attitude has combined to create such a rewarding experience- for you, our company and our customers!

Four year employee at various sites

I have been working at Palladion Services

Pros

Like anything else in life you get out of something what you put into it.

If you work hard and take your job seriously the company will be there for you as they have always been there for me.

If you are a bad employee you will not last, and will most likely end up writing untrue things about the company on "glassdoor" and other sites. That is an unfortunate reality of social media today.

Cons

Sometimes you might be asked to do extra, but I see this as a good thing and have never been once been punished when I simply could not take an extra shift. I don't know what people expect as Palladion's business is security and concierge service. Someone has to be at the customer's property at all times or the company will lose clients..

Don't let a few malcontents (with poor grammar) ruin your day. You are doing a great job and some of us appreciate that and aren't afraid to say it!

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your perspective. We appreciate your efforts over the past four years and are proud to have you on our team!

Steady and consistant employment with decent pay and a professional and dedicated managment team.

Current Employee - Concierge  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is definitly potentail for growth within the company. Many employees start off part-time and are quickly promoted to full time employment. Senior managment is extremely dedicated and go out of their way to keep clients and employees satisfied. If you are professional and have a good work ethic, career advancement is a definite possiblity.

Cons

- Extremely uptight about upholding appearance and code of conduct.
    - Starting pay could be better.

Keep it up and thanks for the opportunity!!!

A great management team to work for.

Former Employee - Site Supervisor  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at Palladion Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for Palladion for 11 yrs. before retiring. During my time there I had some medical issues and the entire team of management staff would go out of their way for me with needed support, and encouragement. When I was hospitalized, management would visit me weekly to check on my progress, and insure me that I had a job when i was discharged. Palladion was there for me and alot of other employees!

Cons

Sometimes management has to be rough on an employee, if that employee over steps his bounds. They and only they, have to answer to the client. They have to correct that employees mistakes so they don't happen again.

Rely on your supervisors more,they are there to help your team of managers. Encourage your supervisors to have more input with building management.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your many contributions to our company. We are honored to have worked with you for eleven years and wish you a happy retirement!

Unethical

Former Employee - Security Guard  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Boston, MA

I worked at Palladion Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

I cant help to notice the more bad reviews they get, the more they fight back by putting great reviews about themselves. It is obviously someone from management. See how they write reviews about employees that don't make it, have poor grammar, etc? well,that aught to give you the jist of how they will treat you as an employee. Def shows a sign of desperation if you ask me smh! Trust me I can count on 1 hand how many are actually satisfied with Palladion which includes upper management. If you decide to work for them, no matter what great intentions or thick skinned, the negativity and miserable environment will consume you.

Cons

cant rely on your schedule cause they are so desperate for help that you will get calls daily and weekly. When they feel a contract is in limbo because of this you will often getting tricked or threatened to work or loose your job.
    For Christmas bonus one year we received mcdonalds coupons and breugger bagel $2 off coupons.
    When contracts give holiday bonus, they decide who and how much they will give you
    will only give you 40 hrs if you don't need benefits (have another full time job) or non-union site

Appreciate your employees.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Palladion is committed to building the best security company in the industry. Had you expressed your concerns to us while you were employed, we would have addressed each issue with you. Palladion has ... More

Disappointed

Current Employee - Concierge  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok pay for doing nothing, and don't want to go nowhere with your career and life. Next to no benefits, the more you do what they tell you to the less respect they will have for you. If you don't have respect for yourself this is the perfect job.

Cons

Due to influx of unemployed underpaid people out there this company is taking advantage of many intelligent and hardworking individuals, they put profits and themselves first rather than you. Extreme arrogance and self righteousness is found in their senior management, so don't be surprised if they look down on you during the interview process. They act like this because they know some other poor soul will be waiting to take your place after you leave.

None until other security companies start taking their profits and employees away they will continue to mistreat and demean their guards.

Aug 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Based upon your comments, it is no surprise that your experience with Palladion has disappointed you. Like every good company, Palladion rewards strong performers. The company does not “provide pay ... More

Worked for Palladion Services? Contribute to the Community!