Palladion Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Richard Primrose

1. New Residential Concierge Manager gets 5 Stars!

Current Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I joined Palladion to become a residential concierge. I was well trained both at the home office and on site. I'm a self starter and pretty resourceful, but Palladion also provides me and my colleagues with a site supervisor, too. From the start, I wanted to have a positive impact on my residents and I was willing to work hard in order to broaden and deepen my skill set. Personally, I want and need to feel a sense of accomplishment from the work that I do. This company has been wonderful at helping me to make that happen and as a result, being a residential concierge has been great for me. In January, we were assigned a new residential concierge manager (above my site supervisor) who has taken what we've been doing to the next level by getting involved! The biggest change has been that our manager has actually been in our shoes before, has great listening skills and provides us with positive, pointed guidance that finely tunes what we've been doing and the response from everyone we deal with (residents, guests, building management, our home office, etc.) has been super positive. This personnel change has amped up everyone's happiness factor. I thought my 'job' was very good before, but I love it even more now! So much so, that I skip to work and smile all the way home! Things here just keep getting better and better! Professional colleagues Reliable colleagues Amazing new residential concierge manager! Exceptional resources Well-organized High level of communication and teamwork! Courteous environment Great atmosphere Goal oriented Can do attitudes Residents appreciate our work Management appreciates our work Mutual respect all around Sense of accomplishment

Cons

The reality of 2015 is that EVERYONE shops online and has every little (and BIG) thing delivered to their door step. Until recently, we handled all of our residents deliveries. This aspect of our work still exists on a much smaller scale, but now the majority of shipping and receiving is handled by a separate staff member, so this downside of what we do has actually improved due to the funding of a specialized staff member.

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing us with a new senior manager earlier this year. What an upbeat, insightful and knowledgeable resource for us! Our team feels even more like a family now and we couldn't be happier with this change!

2. New upper management makes this great company even better!

Current Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been around for more than 5 years now and this company just keeps getting better and better! Let me start out by saying that I love being a concierge. Every day is different and interesting. We work on location at amazing sites. Our residents are top notch and they really seem to appreciate all that we do to make their lives easier. Palladion has been a great company to work for and has provided me with what I need to do my job well for our residents. Recently, we had an unexpected change in upper management and those kinds of changes could have gone either way, but our new senior manager manages us from personal experience and that has unexpectedly had a very positive impact on our team. Our new manager really cares about us and what we do for our clients and that personal approach has breathed new life into us. We've always done a great job for our residents, but now, with our new manager's hands on perspective and approach, I feel like I have better, more relevant guidance. My day is more balanced now and as a result, I'm getting even more done than ever before. And, to top it off, our residents are responding to these subtle little changes that we've made so positively. Being a residential concierge feels even more fulfilling and more meaningful than ever before. It's hard to put into words, but I love going to work ever day for this company.

Cons

Our team could do even more for our residents if our clients would create and fund a separate shipping and receiving position for packages.

Advice to Management

Earlier this year, you gave us a new top level manager who has had hands on experience as a concierge. That one change provided me (and my team) with an unexpected moral boost. Our new manager really listens and has taken some time to understand what and how we do things each day. Little by little, we've been provided with just a little tweaking here and there and had lots of positive feedback and guidance. What a breath of fresh air! Since that change, I'm more upbeat and I think it's because I'm more productive and effective than ever before and our residents have responded really well to these subtle changes. Thank you!

If you work hard...you WILL be noticed!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Palladion is a growing company and they are always looking for talented employees. I have found in my own personal experience and the experience of a few co workers is that if you work very hard and do your job to the best of your ability it will consistently be noticed by Management and Ownership.

Cons

You may have to get your foot in the door with a different shift or less hours but if you prove yourself they will provide you with the opportunities you are looking for.

Advice to Management

It is great that you are all as involved as you are. It is nice to know that employees are respected for their hard work and dedication.

5. I was allowed to manage in my own style and conduct day to day business independently. Sometimes, I was micromanaged.

I worked at Palladion Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, OK vacation benefits (if full-time), great resume builder

Cons

No sick leave, expensive health care package, Not enough upper management.

Advice to Management

Hire more managers. Offer more benefits for employees. Let managers manage, not fill posts everyday.

6. Best security company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Palladion Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the fifth security company I have worked for in my lifetime, and it is by far the best. Pay is above average for the security industry. At my site, I am part of the most professional security staff that I have ever been a part of. Everyone shows up, and they show up on time. I have never been stuck because someone no-call / no showed. If you need help with something or do not know something, the rest of the team will gladly help you out. I feel that Palladion does an excellent job of screening their prospective employees. I know people who have tried repeatedly to get a job with Palladion and they do not get hired. My site supervisor treats everyone with respect. Because of that, everyone wants to do the best job that they can. I have had nothing but good experiences with the management team of the company. They listen and get you what you need to succeed. The management team is constantly visiting the sites; even in the middle of the night. They are aware of what goes on. Even the President / owner of the company is in the trenches visiting sites. As part of my screening process, he actually interviewed me and was very straight forward with me and stated his expectations. It shows that he cares about his product. There are some negative reviews about this company, but I myself have to wonder what brought on these negative interactions. Employees forget that Palladion is a business and they sometimes need to make a move based on the best interest of the business and then the employee takes it personal. I am willing to be that those with the negative reviews put themselves in that position. I will agree that this company expects the best from their employees. However, I was told of that expectation during the interview process. That is why they pay better than most companies. That is why the management team gives their employees their best. Other security companies could learn a thing or two from Palladion.

Cons

I am sure there are some, but at my site and the team of guys I work with, I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. Good part time job

Current Employee - Security in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Security in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they offer a flexible schedule

Cons

they can request you to work a lot of shifts if you want them

Advice to Management

nothing to add in this section

8. unethical, low lives, crooked, slimy

Former Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Concierge in Boston, MA

I worked at Palladion Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A shocking look at just how seedy some people are. I saw how unethical, belittling and bold the false assumptions were generously thrown/ delivered from management without the chance to counter. Shocking behavior. Literally appeared to be satanic, nonhuman, creepy.

Cons

The crooked, calculated way upper management forcefully hovers over, knowingly invading a persons ,space to force a signature on false tales of events. A very sick feeling whenever approached by upper management. I worked there 6 months before I found out I had a different boss than I thought. I was never told prior who my so called boss was. Poor training. Had to learn by others mistakes. Lots of shouting and belittling. Sleazy management behavior.

Advice to Management

Go back to management school and learn how to manage people.

9. Not great, not terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is accessible, and the contract locations are convenient and generally nice. Pay is average for the position. Overtime is readily available. If you like customer service and interacting with customers on a daily basis, you'll like this job.

Cons

Management can be condescending and rude. Pay increases are tough to come by. Time off is sometimes stressful to get. Coworkers are unprofessional at times. My biggest complaint is the unprofessional tone that is often struck by certain contract managers.

Advice to Management

Show a bit more respect to your employees. No need for constant condescension. Your hiring process seems strict, and yet it seems like you hire some people who are absolutely not qualified. Perhaps if you took the time to screen your prospective employees a bit more, you would have a more responsible work force.

Aug 7, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. As owner-managers, we are committed to constantly improving our company and building strong employee relationships. With your comments in mind, we will continue our work to ... More

10. Rewarding experience every day!

Current Employee - Concierge/Security
    Current Employee - Concierge/Security

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Palladion has given me the resources to provide our amazing clients with top notch services. Every day brings new challenges and I feel well equipped to handle whatever comes my way.

Cons

Sometimes our clients (building or facilities managers) underestimate how much we do for their clients (employees, residents).

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with our clients about the endless benefits to having well-staffed operations. Extra hands for even part of a day can increase our ability to go above and beyond for their clients and make them (building / facilities management) look good!

Aug 7, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for doing such a great job! We are proud to work with you, and every individual in our company, who goes above and beyond for our customers.

From bad to better!!

Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Palladion Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working for not one but two awful security company's (I can't put the names here but I can uses initial's- SA and ISA) to now working with a professional company is a breath of fresh air. Most of the sites are top notch and the main office has a friendly atmosphere and the management team will get you what you need -all you have to do is ask. You will be expected to uphold the company's image and remain professional at all times. Is that really so hard to do? I have met some employees that have worked for over 10 years with them and are happy!. I look forward to passing 10 years myself.

Cons

None so far. I keep waiting for the problem that every one else is talking about. I don't think I'll se them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!

Aug 7, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

We are happy to hear that you have found a long term home with Palladion as so many of our employees have! We look forward to your next ten years with us as much as you do! Thanks for your hard work ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed