Palm Beach Tan

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brooks Reed

Structured, organized, and responsible

Shift Leader (Current Employee)

ProsGreat staff, explicit expectations, ability to advance, training, responsible upper management

ConsPromoting unqualified employees, not informing customers of policy, sketchy sales tactics

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with the customers concerning deals and pricing so that employees do not have to take the brunt of their anger

It's filled with crazies

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsYou can move up in the company if you are good at what you do and you can network with the coolest and most helpful people!

Consbully environment, gossipy, unorganized, employees sleep with their bosses, including DM's. I've seen manager sit around with their assistant while we cleaned and they talk about who's sleeping with who and how they can brown nose their way into more money. It's disgusting and trashy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold some boundaries with your employees

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Mansfield, TX

ProsThe perks are pretty good and they were usually pretty open to scheduling changes/movement provided I had any problems conflicting with my school schedule.

ConsI did not feel they allowed any growth or movement from the position I was in. I was not given the chance to prove myself as much as I could have.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wouldn't suggest anyone to work for this company

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsYou get to form relationships with your regulars and talk to a variety of people you probably never would have. If you make your commission it's almost worth it

ConsCommission is only given to you if you have a high enough ratio of sales to customers you check in. If shifts are slow and people aren't buying then it can really bring you down and you could possibly not make your commission. Without making your commission you are busting your butt for minimum wage and are extremely pressured to sell and be over the top pushy. The management also expects you to dedicate an unreal amount of your time to the company, especially if you are making a lot of revenue, they will over work you and give you no recognition for all that you do for the company. Schedules are changed around often and sometimes with no notice or as short of notice as the day before. The company bends over backwards to keep their customers happy but aren't even concerned about the well being or happiness of their employees. It is a corporate system and you are always treated like you're easily replaceable if any sort of conflict occurs

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more

High maintenance

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsFree tanning. Easy job to do at times

ConsEvery employee is very money hungry. There's a lot of favoritism. I work at a very high maintenance store and if I smile at a customer wrong I get written up for poor customer service

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to working in a high volume store for a day and see it's not always the employee who is wrong

Lower end retail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfree tanninng and not much work to do

Consslave labor, management has huge egos and there is zero training. If you are not part of "the crew" there is no inside track.

Advice to Senior Managementtrain more, provide solid career advancement and get rid of your attitudes. How about you come work in a store and see what its like........I am sure some of you havent cleaned a bed in years. You are all out of touch.

To Corporate, We are all dollar signs "$"

ProsNew beds and free tanning, you can't beat that!

ConsThey see you as strictly a dollar sign and if you have a "bad day" - meaning you don't sell a whole lot due to weather, time of year or just simply no foot traffic in store - you will be approached. They don't care how you make numbers as long as you make them. They set an extremely long list of daily "chores" for you to do no matter if it is slow or busy. Higher management does not care if you have a life, does not care when you are sick AND contagious, you WILL work until you pass out ( or almost pass out like I did because I was extremely ill. )

Advice to Senior ManagementWork a FULL day in a BUSY salon - Open to Close - and do EVERYTHING you require us to do from beginning to end and see if you are able to complete all that is required in a timely manner - or to what YOU tell us is acceptable.

Great place to work

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFun coworkers and a great company to get a rapport with your customers. Can make great money if you meet goals and sell a lot of products. Great benefits for mgmt.

ConsTurnover was high. Personal growth was limited once you become a manager. During the slower season, pay gets stifled because of lack of commission. Requires you to dedicate almost all time as a mgr.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop leading people on to hopes of advancement or being transferred to higher traffic stores.

Worst place in the world to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree tanning. Thats it. Nothing else about the company is good. Very drama ridden and highly stressful. No feeling of teamwork. Employees are not taught to help one another.

ConsManagers forced to work sometimes 16 hour days. Unable to develop staff and put in competition with them. No feeling of unity or teamwork. Very backstabbing and drama ridden work environment.

Treat you like dirt.

Sales (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsThere is no reason to work here. I worked for palm beach for 4 months after they took over my previous salon.

ConsI was treated like dirt. I work so hard for nothing. My co worker and I from the previous salon were the only 2 left and had to train our selves. We did the best we could insuring the best customer services and making sales. Nothing was good enough. The district manager was completely wrong on how he treated me. I've never felt so low from a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect. We make your company money.

Worked for Palm Beach Tan? Contribute to the Community!