Palm Coast Data

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mistake taking this job

ProsI cannot think of 1 specific positive about this company. It was poorly managed, lead by junior programmers.

ConsLead by junior programmers with big egos who thought they knew everything. They had us create unit test documents for QA, only for QA to tell us they used their own.

Advice to Senior Managementshut the doors. stop the bleeding.

This is the strangest company I've ever worked for.

ProsThey have a good severance package.

ConsIn 10 years, I've never received a raise equivalent to the cost of living increase for that year. Bosses are put in place and supported to be bossy rather than supervisoral.

Great Company just needs Stronger Management

ProsFlexible schedule
    Fair Pay
    Allows you to grow
    New and exciting innovation for the industry

ConsNot enough attention paid to employees and their ideas
    Showing initiative and drive to succeed is frowned on
    Bad Morale with management decisions
    Fear of management
    Legacy employees are being let go or leaving on their own and tribal knowledge is fading and hurting business

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to your employees and clients. Not consultants.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience has been quite fulfilling as the job allows me autonomy. Resolving problems is a key to customer service.

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Palm Coast, FL

ProsAssiting the customers on the phone and knowing that I made a difference in satisfying their needs.

ConsAs much as I do enjoy working for Palm Coast Data, the salary is somewhat low.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been great and ready to listen.

Dead end company and will kill your career

Programmer (Former Employee)
    Palm Coast, FL

ProsCo-workers (not management) are pleasant and are good at what they do. Friendly but clickish.

ConsUpper management has got to be killing this company. Looks like nothing has improved since 2010!? Lower management doesnt seem to have a clue on whats going on. They are running 6 different systems which no-one seems to know how to train the new person on. Some employees have no real world experience and have no clue how to explain what they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers - they are the ones keeping this company alive...I personally think they are trying to lose money/customers for some odd reason. I've never seen so many things not happen with the group of employees there.

Palm Coast Data.... a.k.a. Hell Hole...don't waste your time!!!

Membership Services Specialist (Former Employee)
    Palm Coast, FL

Pros...Really there are no pros.

ConsHostile work environment, low salary, lack of advancement opportunites, nepotism, favoritism... a dying industry.

Advice to Senior Management...Useless ...they know it all.

Sweat Shop

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are willing and able to do the work and for the most part are very friendly. Largest employer in Flagler county outside of the school district.

ConsCompany is run by a group of consultants who worked their way into full time positions. They have no respect for the employees or for the company. The company continues to lose clients due to management and staffing issues. Salaries are low in comparison to competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be replaced from the top down. There is no way to salvage anything under the current leadership.

Clueless Management

Internet Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCo-workers are smart, humble people. Only large employer in the area paying a little more than minimum wage.

ConsManagement does not allow for employee input, they are not innovative and they do not encourage new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. We have a vested interest to see the company grow and prosper. Boost morale, show respect for your employees and LISTEN.

Factory Work

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLocated in small community. Co-workers are great to work with and close-knit. Most of the lower level managers are great to work with but their hands are tied when it comes to really making an impact for the company in terms of efficiency and training.

ConsLack of ongoing training and use of newer technology to get the job done is frustraing for the employees. Company does not contribute to 401k. Expected to work long hours to get the job done regardless. They continue to hire and overpay consultants with few results. General atmosphere in the company is miserable. They have the ability to allow employees to work from home but don't allow it. As an account manager, you are not really empowered to 'manage' your accounts but simply delegated tasks to complete. Operated very inefficiently. Employees are not valued. Very low morale. No annual parties for employee appreciation. HR does not keep employee issues private.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a great deal of inefficiency and disconnect between deparments. Cross-training is greatly needed within departments. Should allow employees to telecommute at least part-time. Need to offer/encourage training and invest in the employees to help the company expand in the area/direction of technology. Need to boost employee morale and have a sense of value and respect for the workforce. Need to cut down on the company bureaucratic red tape required to get the job done.

Worked for Palm Coast Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palm Coast Data reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Palm Coast Data employees.