Palm Harbor Homes Reviews

Joe Stegmayer

1. Retail Operations

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Palm Harbor Homes (More than 10 years)

Pros

Product Offering to the public

Cons

Management needs quit hand cuffing employees and allow them to perform their job. Too much micromanaging which cause high turnover.

Advice to Management

Empower people to do the job

2. labor to supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Palm Harbor Homes

Pros

Have nothing go to say about this job

Cons

They work until 7/8 o'clock at night every night . Write u up if u got to go to the doctor etc not a family oriented work place at all don't care about u or what u got going on this is why the job is so stressful because of how they treat there employees and nobody wants to work for them don't tell u when they hire u that u have to do 60 hours plus this is a big zreo......

Advice to Management

Don't ever post any thing 4 them

3. sales rep

Former Employee - Housing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Housing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Palm Harbor Homes

Pros

salary of $300 per week, which is better than nothing. Employee benefits are adequate.

Cons

You are lied to from beginning. Expected to work 12 hours daily. Promised big commissions, but they force you to make appointments for first 30 days but will not pay you if your customer buys. You are paid on gross profit, b ut they create false costs so that sales people do not make full commission.

Advice to Management

Lack of integrity leads to incredibly high turnov er rate. You shouldn't misrepresent the expected commission by giving untrue statistics about what others make.

5. Do not consider working here!

Former Employee - Housing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Housing Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Palm Harbor Homes

Pros

Not a possible pro. My boss was the type of manager that doesn't take care of his employees or customers. I was jipped out of 3 commission checks. He treated me like I was a puppet, and had no care for any of my thoughts. I would try to have him help me submit a deal and he would just say "I'm busy" every time! The $300 a week was barely enough to survive. I couldn't believe how the work conditions were considering we ran off a generator and didn't even have a bathroom! The only pro is that I switched over to Clayton homes and have made double my three months here than ten months at palm harbor.

Cons

Everyone is full of it and you can tell right from the getgo. He actually threatened to beat me up like a million times. Still don't know why. But hey I can't complain anymore because they should be out of business soon.

Advice to Management

Go bankrupt again. Youre better off that way.

6. Not a good job if you need income

I have been working at Palm Harbor Homes

Pros

The training is good, although it's actually more of a brain washing

Cons

Very long hours expected with maybe one day off per week. Days are 11 hours but only paid $300/wk salary. Commissions are very thin even tho they promise BIG earnings. Benefits are poor and is the most micro managed company I have ever been in. Upper management is not employee friendly.

Advice to Management

Team building skills- stop brain washing

7. Good product good money

Current Employee - Housing Consultant in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Housing Consultant in South Houston, TX

I have been working at Palm Harbor Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

money is good houses are the nicest manufactured homes on the market

Cons

upper management doesn't care is everyone you talk to is a 500 credit score they just want numbers and it's your fault?

Advice to Management

learn how to treat your best people who are making you rich

8. Too many promises

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Palm Harbor Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people find dream homes that exceed their expectations

Cons

Salaries aren't great. Advancement opportunities promised for outstanding work, but ultimately realized it was just smoke and mirrors

They are a great company to work for & are always pushing for Best Quality Mobile Homes For Sale In Texas

Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Palm Harbor Homes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They have flexible hours They give you a chance for unlimited income They have a good benefits package They are big about promoting from within palmharborsouth . com is great

Cons

They are not yet in some states and we wood like to see them grow into other states and cities one day

Advice to Management

Keep sticking to the idea of quality homes

10. It was ok

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Palm Harbor Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open door policy, benefits, small friendly staff with family feel

Cons

Long hours, mandatory weekends, huge tax cuts from commissions. Averaged 45 hour work weeks

Advice to Management

Pay sales people a higher base salary and fire them if they don't produce. The $300 week salary between commissions is not enough

They brainwash their cult members to believe riches are on the way. Insane expectations for little reward.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Seguin, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Seguin, TX

I worked at Palm Harbor Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training, some travel required for training- enjoy (after this you are office-bound about 50 hours a week)

Cons

One and a half day off....Indefinitely. Average work week is 44 - 50 hours. Leave home before the sun is up and don't come home til the suns down. And your measly salary of $300 a week is supposed to float you in between commissions. Commissions are small and hard to get. You have to fight for them and the amount is always undetermined until about 4 days before you get paid. Ironically I was a top salesperson in the region many months. Won plaques, t-shirts and got congratulatory calls from corporate leaders very frequently. Luckily, I saw thru the B.S. pretty quick and got out of there. There are 2 kinds of mules where I come from. The kind you own and the kind you rent. The kind you own are the ones you take care of and the kind you rent are the ones you WORK TO DEATH. And I was never satisfied with the bottom line no matter what because I was making bankers and upper management a fortune. All while I was riding out $1200 a month income and could barely pay my car note half the time. Commissions can take many months and a great deal of them do. You don't get paid until that house is delivered. Also, I have never seen a commission over 1k on any of my sales.

Advice to Management

Stop using reverse psychology to underpaid and overworked salespeople. No, its not our own fault for not having enough in the gross profit margin. Most homes are not cash deals and are regulated by the banks and they cap us at what we can sell these homes for. Many times I have had a fat GP just to have some banker knock it back down to diddly squat. And PAY your good salespeople more. Not all of em. Just the ones you want to keep. And keep religion, prayer and Jesus out of work. It's inappropriate and believe it or not but in America we foster a right to all religions and you may run off good people with cramming your religion down everyone's throat. A great way to get sued too.

RSS Feed </> Embed