Palmdale School District

Great for Substitutes

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Palmdale School District part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Automated call system and online access to jobs through subfinder.
    Pay is comparable to pay in areas of LA County with a higher cost of living.
    The district covers K-8, with many schools within a relatively small geographical boundary.
    Flexible schedule.

Cons

The hourly pay seems to be decreasing, which is the case for pretty much all subs in LA County.

Train secretaries on how to interact with subs and make sure ahead of time that 1) subs have a handout with Bell Schedule, including grade level transitions such as lunch, recess, and snack time, 2)That there is a working clock in the classroom the sub will be in , and 3) That subs are given keys that can open the classroom where they will be, and 4) Correct start time errors on the job description. Perhaps the time to start posted on subfinder should be the time the first bell rings , with instructions on how many minutes to arrive before that time as a standard practice across the schools. Also, all schools should be in session for the same length of time across the district.

I enjoyed amazing opportunities to affect the discussions of the 3 types of information with my students and colleagues:

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher  in  Palmdale, CA
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Palmdale School District full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There were those who had the best of intentions to offer a learning environment to students that explained the universe correctly... there is truly only 3 types of info: OPINIONS-- no evidence is required, in the context of how this is normally displayed...this is how I FEEL!!! type 2 info = FACTS -- are so declared as such due to substantial, verifiable, sane evidence that is acceptable to the greater number of experienced adult participants...finally, the most important form of info: TRUTH = those statements and laws based on absolutes, e.g., gravity-- if u jump out a third story window, under normal physics laws, u will always fall down to earth or some form of material strong enough to stop ur movement... soooo, my compensation was excellent, the culture was below my standards, and in the last 2 years of the 9 years I worked there, the leadership was unaware or in rejection of the difference between the above listed 3 types of info, and the importance of making all participants understand how these relate to a responsible, free society that grants liberty and opportunity to all its citizens!!!

Cons

Public education in California, and in most states of the USA, has lapsed since 1962, into a constantly lower level of success, which reversed what occurred in the previous 100 years or so... I believe an ever increasing number of teachers settle for very low expectations for themselves, and for their students, and report to parents and frequently disinterested admin people that all is well, or we are doing are best with new efforts each school year... what is needed is a heavy emphasis on truth coupled with a very positive belief that the MANUFACTURER sent each of us here at this time to create a better environment for those who will replace us in the future... I believe truth and positive, competitive motivation is the inspiration necessary to encourage all students and faculty to rise to the challenge and win... The Manufacturer equipped all of us with the elements to WIN IN A BIG WAY!!!

that would be the BOARD OF EDUCATION, and who the voters elect, and why??? Once successful participants take their required responsibility to lead with dedication to truth and positive, creative, motivational leadership, they will find that the learners will turn into very successful leaders!!!

Awesome!

I have been working at Palmdale School District

Pros

Staff seems to be friendly

Cons

Wait time for testing too long

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

too political

I have been working at Palmdale School District

Pros

salary and benefits were good

Cons

too much infighting between departments, no respect for hr people or other departments, employees were very miserable and unhappy and very negative

Former "Arts" teacher

I worked at Palmdale School District

Pros

The children are always wonderful to work with.

Cons

Typical politics found in any work place. Pay is low.

Subbing

I have been working at Palmdale School District

Pros

great district to work for. Very attentive to their subs

Cons

availability of jobs. very day-to-day

Great place to Work

I have been working at Palmdale School District part-time

Pros

Staff is very helpful and appreciative.

Cons

Some students can be challenging.

Worked for Palmdale School District? Contribute to the Community!