Palmetto GBA Reviews

Bruce W. Hughes

1. Great Place

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Columbia, SC

Pros

Great place to work on contract. People are very friendly. Management strive for you to learn.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

I have nothing negative to say

2. Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Training Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Palmetto GBA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, family oriented, promote innovation.

Cons

Government contract , reduction in work force

Advice to Management

Communication

3. It's a very relaxed place to work

Current Employee - Database Report Writer in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Database Report Writer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Palmetto GBA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome management Very comfortable Nice facility Work with great people Lunch break time is adequate Landscaping is nice too look at

Cons

Chance for growth and promotion feels limited. Taxes in South Carolina take out a huge chunk of my check so I don't feel like I'm actually making that much money not to mention the huge tax you have to pay SC just for existing...

Advice to Management

I'd like to know how close I am to a promotion every time I improve myself. Maybe like a point system.

5. About Palmetto GBA

Former Employee - Accounting Tech III in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounting Tech III in Augusta, GA

Pros

If you are a single parent or have small children the flexibility is a plus.

Cons

It depends on what manager you are working under.

Advice to Management

I my situation be consistent. Don't create cliques which diminishes moral within the unit.

6. ok

Current Employee - Enrollment Analyst
    Current Employee - Enrollment Analyst

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

position required to have a degree not only do enjoy the other people who were already there and I have a degree and make way more than me doing a call center position and no degree for the same company making the same amount of money

Provider Services

Pros

Nothing that I feel is beneficial to regular employees..

Cons

Misinformation regularly given at interviews regarding position requirements; mismanaged deadlines, long hours, low pay, lack of professional training, and the regular use of outdated inaccurate training materials. Staff employees are added and decreased as necessary to maintain the bottom line. The regular full time employees are overworked regularly to make up for lack of management planning and to ensure the profit margin is maintained at an acceptable level. It is expected and required. No consideration is given to the employees or their responsibilities or other obligations outside of the work place. In general an unethical, unprofessional place to work. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Follow the many rules and procedures that you expect your employees to follow. Treat all employees fairly. Adhere to the many signs and posters posted all over the building regarding using proper ethics, doing the right thing, giving your best and treating others fairly. It appears these posters are only for the regular employees not management. Make your profits using ethical and professional practices that not only apply to your external business associates but to your employees as well.

8. I enjoy working for Blue Cross Blue Shield

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Florence, SC

I have been working at Palmetto GBA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed working for Blue Cross for the last 9 years, I have learned a lot and I would recommend this job to everyone. The pay is good and the bonuses are great. There is a great work schedule and numerous days off.

Cons

The phones stay busy and there is always changes to the regulations trying to make sure things work comfortably. Certain areas more training time is needed and then other things training is not long enough.

Advice to Management

The leadership is great to work with and for.

9. Low pay, micromanagement, little room to advance

I worked at Palmetto GBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are part of blue cross blue shield of South Carolina, so the benefits are decent and they offer tuition assistance. They also offer flexible work schedules/hours.

Cons

Too much focus on how long you have been with the company instead of what you contribute and your education. Salaries are not competitive compared to market. Seems like they are just interested in putting a warm body in a chair, rather than finding the right person for the job. Everyone gets the same meager increase no matter if you work your butt off or if you are lazy as heck.

Advice to Management

Implement pay for performance. It's the only way you will retain highly qualified employees who will actually do quality work. I've been told that the company tries to recruit on college campuses, but has little success because they treat their professional employees like blue collar workers. Respect your employees, recognize their accomplishments, and pay them a competitive salary.

10. Innovative company culture

Current Employee - Director in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Director in Columbia, SC

Pros

Business development and continuous improvement are on the front burner. If you're willing to roll up your sleeves and work there are plenty of opportunities for implementing innovations.

Cons

Year-to-year salary management is fairly rigid so your best bet is to negotiate upfront during the initial hiring process. Get your money up front.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the envelope on business processes and improvements. Front-line employees have the next "best ideas". Please continue to ask us!

11. Customer Service Advocate

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Palmetto GBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is fairly decent and the benefits.

Cons

Contract based jobs so you risk the possibility of being out of a job every few years, micromanaging is rampant through out company

Advice to Management

Listen to the peons. Our opinion should matter. Stop with the cronyism.

RSS Feed </> Embed