Palo Alto Unified School District

Updated Apr 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kevin Skelly

Very well run school district with an involved parent community

High School Teacher (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsExcellent technology and IT support, smart and visionary STEM teachers, involved community, high standards, excellent pay and benefits.

ConsBureaucracy and competition can be a barrier to innovative programs. Stressful work environment, particularly for new teachers.

Lighthouse School District

ProsThe district provides excellent, relevant and meaningful professional development, coaching and collaboration opportunities.

ConsThere are no cons for me.

A School District that truly respects you as a teaching professional

Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsHigh salary and compensation that recognizes continuing education, access to quality educational supplies, art, music and PE programs and lower classroom sizes.

ConsThe cons associated with working with the public school system. While our school wasn't as focused on testing as in other districts, the standards are still present and taught. However, as a teacher you are given much more ability to be creative in your curriculum development. Some teachers complain about pushy parents, other teachers appreciate the parent-involvement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work with soul and heart

Teacher (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsOverall PAUSD is a fair district with a strong commitment to teachers, students and staff. There is a great amount of solidarity among colleagues.

ConsPart time staff is not given full benefits which is petty and short sighted.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvocate more for full benefits for part-time staff. Improve public transportation options.

professional, supportive administrators and teachers

ProsLots of professional development, collaboration and support!

ConsThey are a little behind technologically....

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to offer lots of professional development and support for teachers

Worked for Palo Alto Unified School District? Contribute to the Community!