Palomar Medical

Palomar Medical President, CEO, and Director Joseph P. Caruso

Joseph P. Caruso

Merge

Administrative (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNice colleagues, nice working atmosphere and good products

ConsThe Management decide to merge only to have a lot of $$$$$$$ on their pockets and not thinking on the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNo management at all, just thinking on them

Mixed feelings of this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were great. Definitely in some departments you felt these people were more family ang great friends.

ConsThere were many who shouldn't have stayed as long as they did.

Temporary help turned out as a blessing in disguise!

Temp Help (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsI was able to try all sorts of jobs and responsibilities there. (I was a college student only for temporary help on breaks) The teams are all willing to teach me what they do and there aren't brick walls built up between departments. It was an awesome experience... They are now Cynosure which I've heard is making even more improvements in the company.

ConsThere were times that communication was an issue. Constructive criticism should have been taken positively and not negatively.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scrambled, unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsMy direct team is awesome. which is about 5 people

ConsEveryone is all about me me me. they want you to do work for them but will never help anyone else

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your employees and look out for their best interests and treat them all equally.

Here today, gone tomorrow?!?!?!......a lesson in professionalism is much needed.

Small Fish In A Big Pond (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsThe nurses and doctors who worked for this company were very professional and easy to work with/for. You could actually make extra money by signing your life away and being a 'Guinea Pig' for their laser treatments.

ConsThis company had a terrible work environment. It seemed as though the people who had been working for the company for a long time had a disgruntled attitude and would act as if they were far more superior to their more newly hired co-workers. Employees seemed to all be walking around on egg shells for fear that they would lose their jobs at any given time and for any given reason. I don't think it promotes a good work environment when you're constantly afraid you will be fired for no reason. Hard working, good people seemed to get fired from this company everyday to the surprise of all or many. It didn't seem like there was a rhyme or reason for it. The chiefs didn't communicate to the Indians who were 'beneath them' and middle management seemed to be totally unqualified for their position. Also, it seemed as if there were a significant amount of 'unprofessional' relationships blooming throughout the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would highly suggest that upper management hire more professional and qualified people. It seemed as though there were a select few people who were 'protected' in this company while the 'unprotected' would get fired for no reason?!?!

More Interested in Lawsuits than Engineering

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsAs an Engineer I got to work with many of my different skill sets which was great and they even helped expand some of my skill sets. Some of the work can definitely be interesting. There are quite a few extremely smart scientists that work for the company and they are a great source of knowledge.

ConsThis company has more VP's than it has Engineers. They make most of their money from Lawsuits rather than actually selling product. See their stock ticker if you want confirmation.

As an engineer this is one of the worst places I could think of to work. They are very set in stone in the paths that you must take. The management drives their employees extremely hard for little return. I was actually warned when I went to interview, but did not follow through with the employee's advice.

Everyone looks out for themselves at this company and there is no team feeling. All the upper management only look out for themselves and have no problem throwing other VP's under the bus to prove they are right. After working at Palomar for multiple years, I have to say it is possibly the most hostile and worst work environment I have ever worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company definitely needs a shakeup and an entire restructuring.

Talent Off Politics On

ProsVery flexiblle schedule.
    Pockets of friendly/good teams to work with.

ConsLow salaries
    Management and executive have their own club. If you are not part of it, you are treated like an outsider.
    A lot of unprofessional relationship going on.
    Management is looking for their own benefits; they do not stand up for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the garbage at mid level management. Too many VPs

Dont get conned buy the ICON

ProsReview - there newest laser equiptment is slightly better than there older equiptment, from 11 years before.

ConsTerrible rating - Do not buy direct from Palomarmedical.com
    Up at 3am worrying about dealing with reps from this company, believe me, as a medical professional, i have bettter things to do.
    After you sign on the dotted line ... ... then prepare yourself for a terrible wake up in "you need to read there fine print!"

They really stick the screws to you from top to bottom:
    major run-around on getting answers (he said she said stuff, but this is what we meant)
    bad repairs on units and handpieces
    totally forget about there trade-in/up program

This is coming from Dr.s office that got duped not once, but 3 tiimes over 9 years (i have a 300, 500 & Icon), i would have thought i earned some loyalty.

Do not buy Palomar Medical Technologies, Inc.
    15 Network Drive
    Burlington, MA 01803

Advice to Senior ManagementDont set your sales staff up to promise things that can not be backed by corporate.

Clueless is Burlington

ProsThe indians amougst the group are very good workers who stare straight ahead and produce results on time.

ConsExecutive management has no respect for the rank and file - or themselves - everybody is replaceable at any time for any reason. Each executive management representative is out for themselves and cut each other down behind each others back. This attitiude towards each other is ignored by the officers of the company because the money is too powerful of a drug. There is alot of nepotism and friends of officers and executive management and directors working within the company. Dedicated employees have been fired or "right sized" to make room for the friends or family members. Additionally, the relationship between mangagement and personnel is very unethical and leads to mistrust. Unethical behavior - known - is tolerated and objectional voices cannot be heard as there is no human resources department. Personnel can be promoted or retained for thier past production and not thier current value to the growth of the company. Most recently executive management with held pay increases and conducted a layoff, while they inturn gave themselves raises and bonus - proxy statement. The personnel who where retained where not the most qualified for there positions they just happen to fit the "past (unethical) profile". The arrogance that officers, executive management and directors have towards the rank and file is demoralizing as mistrust is taking over. The untrusting atomsphere has held to the rank and file doing their jobs only -very well - and the collaboration that was there has been lost. Any acknowedgement of positive efforts stays at the highest level of the company and not filtered down to the rank and file who are doing the work. Executive management and directors work about 20 hours per week and take all the credit for the good work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe officers, executive management and directors need to understand that their complete lack of respect has demorilzed and fractured the company. The rank and file understand that they are not being treated fairly- proxy statement, building funding, lack of attendance - no communication about 2008 compensation as they watch the right people being "right sized" out existance. Develop some trust by creating a Human Resources Department and hold your executive management and directors more accountable - start with a forty hour work week.

Worked for Palomar Medical? Contribute to the Community!