Pamlab Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Eric Wingerter

1. excellent work life balance

Pros

reasonable compensation and good benefits

Cons

high turnover due to restructure

2. Medical Sales Representative

Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Products that require an Rx like pharmaceuticals, but are more of a natural, personalized form of therapy without all of the nasty a/e's of pharmaceuticals.

Cons

Since being acquired by Nestle Health Science, they are going thru some MAJOR changes while trying to align the small corporate culture that existed at Pamlab to big (actually humongous) company culture within the Nestle family.

Advice to Management

I don't know if you are empowered to do this but, push back on some of the initiatives that seemingly are intended to turn the sales force into synchronized robots and serve to undermine rep individuality.

3. Too many false promises.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Covington, LA

I worked at Pamlab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The paid time off is great. There's not much more that I can say that was actually a "Pro".

Cons

No opportunity for growth. Horrible bonus structure for an inherited "white space" that will not prescribe. Seemed somewhat racist with the entry walls lined with pictures of slaves being used as guinea pigs for surgical procedures and what not. There are no pictures of successful black people on any wall. This was not inviting for ethnicities. This environment seems a bit hostile.

Advice to Management

Restructure the bonus plan and take down the horrible pictures of slaves.

5. Specialty Medical Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative

Pros

I loved my district manager, he was the reason why I stuck around. I liked the fact that when my day was done, I was done, very minimal admin work.

Cons

Lots of false promises, not much for career growth and development. I was there when "old southern boy" mentality and culture was the normal status, but after acquisition by Nestle new management seems well spoken, but still little hope for career. Seems like this is an experiment for Nestle in pharmaceuticals.

Advice to Management

Create better growth opportunities for those who strive to succeed. Create goals that are fair not based on a territory where someone came in brand new and is granted rockstar status based on limited work.

6. Okay company

I worked at Pamlab full-time

Pros

Most people below executive level are genuinely good people.

Cons

Pay was not great, bonus plan was horrible

Lack of competitive salary, poor bonus, all products genericd 10x or more over. Poor training for management.

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Pamlab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trying to get into sales, no competition, big name company to push resume.

Cons

Owned by company w little understanding of market, no R&D department, no future products, current products genericd many times over, no coverage for products, majority cash pay for products, company lacks strategy. Tries many options but no real answer to company sales issues, no opportunity for growth. CANDID AND HONEST REVIEW.

Advice to Management

No advice for management as this small company revolves old managers for new managers just in need of work. Winger tee is no longer CEO but straight forward.

Good company, poor salaries

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Covington, LA

I worked at Pamlab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company offers ample holiday pay and paid time off. Great products for patients with chronic medical conditions.

Cons

The company has recently been acquired through Nestle Health Science. They have had substantial layoffs so future of sales force seems a bit uncertain. The products are not typically covered by insurance so getting clinicians to prescribe is challenging.

Advice to Management

Honest and more frequent communication.

Drinking the Kool-Aid.....Been here for more than 7 years and I feel fortunate every day for the opportunity

Current Employee - Corporate Manager
    Current Employee - Corporate Manager

I have been working at Pamlab full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been developed by my managers and could walk if I chose to, but why would I? I have been with this company through thick and thin, I am going to stick around for the thin. Everything happens for a reason. You can't always be on the up swing. It will make me appreciate the next time we are. My company wouldn't abandon me if I had problems. Why would I abandon them?

Cons

Every company has a con. Mine for them is new product/pipeline....please get moving!

Advice to Management

Listen to your middle management and worker bees. Act on the advice and just don't listen. They know more about the company than you do.

Negative for women and ethnicities

Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pamlab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company was just bought out.

Cons

Old management style is still in play.

Advice to Management

The best thing that could happen to this company is for the nestle people to come in and blow out all the good old boys in management.

11. My work experience at Red River Pharma, LLC has been positive.

Current Employee - Administrative Services Manager in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Administrative Services Manager in Shreveport, LA

Pros

Team dignity and respect, ethical business conducted, open communication encouraged and supported, company returns significant rewards of compensation, benefits, job satisfaction and quality of life.

Cons

Still a young and slightly flat organization, creating some career advancement hurdles.

RSS Feed </> Embed