Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Updated April 11, 2015
87 reviews filtered by
4.1
Tom Gebhardt

Pros
  • Multicultural work environment with good networking opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• As a recent graduate, Panasonic offers great opportunity to learn and acquire experience (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and late night conference calls due to plants and suppliers in other countries and time zones (in 5 reviews)

• Because of the 13 hour time difference, when we have meetings with Japan they start around 7pm and go till 9 or 10pm (in 2 reviews)

1. THIS IS AN AWESOME COMPANY!!!

Current Employee - Project Lead Engineer in Peachtree City, GA
    Current Employee - Project Lead Engineer in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Beautiful City, Great relocation package, Great co-workers and boss, flexible work hours, great morale,no micro management, fun at work, business casual everyday, close to Atlanta and all the exciting things, exciting products, growing company.

Cons

Workload getting heavier, that's an indication that the company is growing which is a good thing. That's is why they are hiring more talents.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! and implement more fun stuff, that's what the new generation likes, work smart, play hard. I think you guys are doing it already. Just don't stop doing it.

2. Very Good Company

Current Employee - Software Lead in Peachtree City, GA
    Current Employee - Software Lead in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- If you want to work on Good Technology, this is the place.
    - Good learning opportunity.
    - One of the good part is PASA Gives you responsibility, which builds trust and helps you grow faster.
    - Hence if you perform well, there is a good opportunity of a growth here.
    - There are regular meeting with management. And good part is they hear you and respect you and your suggestions.
    - Very Good Multi culture. Respect everyone.
    - Very Friendly Environment.
    - Good HR to make employees busy and fresh by keeping various events.
    - Competible salary package. Not very excellent, but well better than many others. So satisfied on that part.
    - Company is growing nicely. Which will benefit employees in a long term.
    - One of the major point is the city where the company is : Peachtree city. Really nice, quite and beautiful.

Cons

- Some improvement is required in Management. Some of them are very good but few of them needs to change their mindset.
    - Engineering department lacks good amount of documentation. So sometime it takes time for new joiner to settle it.
    - Long working hours sometimes. Mainly when customer releases are there. HR should communicate with ENG Management to improve that.
    - Cafeteria is very nice. But the available food options are less. Minor point though.
    - Awards or appreciations are little less compare to other companies.

Advice to Management

Please improve processes. Motivate team members more ( awards/recognition ). Have little control over extra working hours.

3. Keeps getting better

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Pros

Good benefits, pay is highly competitive, work environment keeps getting better and better.

Cons

Very busy due to all the growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate often with the employees to ensure goal alignment. This keeps getting better as well.

5. Everyone at PASA is friendly and helpful; eveyone has a voice and is listened to.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

free-form thought process, casual Friday everyday, dedicated to self improvement, you are important to your manager

Cons

no paid overtime for salaried, managers tend to be too lax, weak new hire training

Mar 9, 2015HR Representative

We appreciate your kind words. Our managers would rather give their employees flexibility than having to micromanage their employees. During our new hire training we are not only informing, but ... More

6. Flexible laid back company

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Flex hour, no micro managment

Cons

You dont move up quickly.

Advice to Management

Notice employee accomplishments and give promotions based off performance not time.

7. Great place to work in.

I worked at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Pros

Continuous work makes it a safe place to work.

Cons

Investing a little more on a software that would linked all manufacturing areas would be nice. Most still use Excel spread sheets.

Advice to Management

Open opportunities for upper management for long time current employees.

8. Great company!

Current Employee - Staff Electrical Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Electrical Engineer

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Foremost, the company leads the market as the top supplier in North America to the Automotive Industry. So, as an engineer, you can't beat working on technology that will likely be in almost every vehicle on the road in a couple years' time. The company is really investing a lot in training, employee development, and employee engagement. Also, I love the location...love raising my family in the Peachtree City area!

Cons

Every company certainly has things to improve on, but I really appreciate how the company is dedicated towards making improvements...you can really see where they care about being the best they can for their internal workforce.

Advice to Management

Keep in the direction of more engagement. Overall, doing a great job, but everyone could improve in that area overall...never such a thing as too much engagement.

Feb 26, 2015HR Representative

Thank you for your positive feedback.

9. Great Choice!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Peachtree City, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Pros

I was hesitant to accept the offer from Panasonic Automotive...not because I wasn't excited about the opportunity to be a part of the engineering team but because of the relocation aspect involved. I was living in the western U.S. when I underwent my interviews and called that region home for the majority of my life.

I've been with PASA for almost 3 months now and can honestly say I'm very happy with my decision to join the company. They took care of me during the relocation process with a great package, I've been able to work with software technology that is industry best in class, and have been given the opportunity to be an influential part of this organization. Also, Peachtree City, GA is beautiful (not what I had in mind before I visited) and a place I'm excited to raise my family.

Cons

I think the main "con" I would point out is the misperception of the company. PASA is the leading supplier to the automotive industry, yet not many know this given our products are not represented in the vehicle.

Advice to Management

It seems like management is really working towards enhancing employee engagement, so I don't have much advice at this point.

Feb 26, 2015HR Representative

We appreciate your kind words.

10. Extremely Disorganized

Current Employee - Cost Analyst in Peachtree City, GA
    Current Employee - Cost Analyst in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company

Pros

There are some very nice people that work here.

Cons

Upper/Senior Managment does not want to commit to its contractors and most all employees start out as a contractor.
    They are not very nice to females in particular. Very lazy when it comes to training, you are thrown into the work with little to no direction.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest with the contractors, do not lead anyone to believe that they are going to become an employee and then when that time comes back out of the offer. Make training a priority.

11. Working at Panasonic Automotive Systems

Current Employee - Staff Senior Mechanical Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Staff Senior Mechanical Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Panasonic Automotive Systems Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My experience as a new employee at Panasonic Automotive Systems has been excellent. All of my management interactions have been positive. I feel that I am compensated appropriately for my skills and contributions. I like to innovate, and I have the opportunity to do so. Panasonic is a large corporation, but the corporate culture is healthy and accepting of diversity.

Cons

Because of its success in winning new automotive business, there is always more that needs to be done. I do not see this as a fundamental problem.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management.

Feb 10, 2015HR Representative

We really appreciate your positive feedback.

Panasonic Automotive Systems Company Photos